on December 29, 2010
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This stand is very well built and heavy duty. It can hold up to two 24" monitors. Unfortunately, if you are mounting monitors less than 24" and you want to bring the inside edges of the monitors together, you have to pull both monitors in and forward (towards the viewer). This ends up taking considerable desk space. The actual mounts on the horizontal arms can not be slid left and right on the arms to bring the monitors together. Rather, both arms must be brought in and forward towards the viewer to bring the monitors together. (Again, this not only brings the monitors too close to you, but it wastes desk space, which goes against that which the stand is trying to accomplish. Additionally, the actual base plate (which sits on the surface of your desk, is VERY large (one foot long) and extends forward on your desk by at least a foot; taking up more desk space. I might note though, that if your desktop has a hole in it for wiring to go through, this stand can be mounted on top of that hole without using the large plate that comes with it. (thus saving room). But, if you don't have a hole in the top of your desk, then you must use the base plate which takes up more space than the stand[s] that come with the monitors do. Personally, I would recommend purchasing a dual stand which allows the user to slide the monitors left and right on the horizontal rails, which in turn alleviates the need to bring the monitors forward in order to bring them together.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 17, 2010
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I've got it holding 2 x 24.5" monitors in landscape mode right now, at just about the widest possible configuration.

I've also run the monitors in portrait mode using the same stand, however because of the length of the arms, in that configuration the stand will tip towards you unless you lower the monitors to sit on your surface (which is what I did). Just fyi.

The stand is very sturdy. I was also surprised to see that in addition to the option to mount on the desk via the supplied heavy "v" shaped base (see product picture) it could also be mounted directly onto your desk via a hole and under desk nut (included).

One other note, not a negative as it was not advertised as such, but in case you were wondering, in order to rotate a monitor from portrait to landscape (or back) it has to be unscrewed from the mount and reattached. In other words there is no rotation axis at the monitor.

Sturdy but cheap. I'm very happy with it.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 16, 2011
Color Name: Black
I have two 28in monitors mounted on this stand in portrait mode, bolted through my desk. It was priced well and works great. It has enough 'stick' to keep the monitors where you put them. Big improvement over the Ergotron Neoflexes I had, which sagged under the weight so the monitors had to be propped up. A previous reviewer said there was no swivel (portrait to landscape) adjustment but mine has it, it's just stiff. I don't use it; my monitors are too big to fit landscape.

Irritations
The VESA mounting plates are so thin that the screws bottom in their sockets before the plate is tight to the monitor. You need to add washers, which are not included and good luck finding black. I don't know if it is just my monitors, but my previous stands had thicker plates and did not do this.

There are stops on the arms which prevent them from extending rearward, costing me two inches of desk depth. There are similar stops preventing the monitors from rotating outward more than 90 degrees, which means I can't reverse the stand and use it backwards to get the two inches either. Useless restrictions, so I ground off two of the stops.

The arm pivots on the post have beauty covers over the allen adjustment screws, except they are on the same side as the cable management clips so you can't put the cables underneath to sort of hide them without leaving the allen screws in plain sight. This is an assembly or design error.

There is no rubber pad to put between the metal foot and the desk in a bolted installation. Since moving either monitor without carefully holding the other makes the post pivot, you get scratches.

So it is a great stand, but you need to budget an extra $0.99, a trip to the hardware store for materials, and twenty unnecessary minutes for installation to fix things they could have corrected for free.
review image review image
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 10, 2010
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This is a well made, heavy, monitor stand. It easily supports the two 22 inch monitors I have. The freedom of monitor movement meant that I could place them just right, and have them stay in place. The monitor came well packed in a box and contained all the essential parts and fasteners , and also included a tool used in putting it together following easily understood directions. Very happy with appearance and function. Ordering this item through Amazon was easy and prompt.
on May 17, 2010
Color Name: Black
Going with dual monitors is the best thing I ever did! If you're not yet using dual monitors, I think you should consider doing so. With that said, I searched the internet for a monitor stand and found this one at Amazon. My only concern when I ordered it was that the base would be obtrusive on my desktop. I was very pleased to find that not only was it unobtrusive, but that it actually freed up desktop space as I was able to use the space under the monitors. I have the monitors adjusted to about 6 1/2 inches off the desk. The top of the base is also flat so I can place small items I use on top where they are handy.

The stand is heavy duty and built very solid. It is very easy to assemble and is fully adjustable so you can adjust the position of your monitors where they will be most comfortable. For a stand of this quality I would have expected to pay much more. In fact, some of the other stands that I researched did in fact cost much more than this one.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a high quality dual monitor stand I wouldn't hesitate buying this one. I highly recommend it.
on October 31, 2010
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This stand does the job perfectly, and for about half the price of other dual monitor stands. I orient one monitor in landscape mode for surfing, email, and other apps, and the second in portrait mode for reading online documents. The stand enables me to do this and save actual desktop space at the same time. I read in other posts that there was a problem with the weight distribution when mounting dual 24-inch monitors, but have not experienced any issues myself.
on January 22, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Each review I read gave this dual monitor stand 5 stars. How could it be so inexpensive compared to similar stands, and still be that good? Well, i'm a believer now. Everything about this product is first class from the packaging to the assembled product.

Made of solid steel, sturdy and handsome, each part fits together with machine precision and tightens with a hex wrench (supplied in the package). The large knuckle joints allow the monitors to be tilted, swung and swiveled and, they stay put once you get them to your desired location. You can also adjust the height of the monitors.

I have one heavy professional graphics monitor, handled it with no problem. There is a long bolt supplied in case you want to drill through your desk or table top and anchor this thing rock solid, (no need as far as i am concerned it sits solidly on the desk).

Spend more for a similar stand if you want but you will not get a better product.
on December 13, 2010
Color Name: Black
I have been using this stand for 6 months and really like that it does what you expect it to. It gets my monitors up high and creates lots of space on my desk. I am using two 22 inch monitors and it is very stable even when I am swiveling the displays to show clients who are sitting across the desk from me. I cannot comment on portrait mode swivel because I do not use that feature.
on April 5, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Read all the reviews of many pieces and ultimately thought I'd take a chance with this one as it was the cheapest, by far, of the options I was looking at.

I have a relatively smallish desk space and am moving to two Viewsonic 22" widescreen monitors. Getting them off the desk was pretty much a "must have" if I wanted to have any work surface available. The box was packed well and I could tell before even opening it that it was a heavier piece of equipment.

Setup is about as easy as it could be and the single page of instructions really isn't even needed. As long as your monitors are VESA (mountable) standard, you should be fine for easy mounting. 4 screws and your monitor is secured. The stand is very sturdy and as another earlier reviewer noted, the base does take up a bit of room in order to create that sturdy environment. As I use a wireless keyboard and mouse and have enough depth on the desk, it isn't a problem ... but plan on about 10"-12" from back to front of the stand.

There is a collar that attaches to the main post that you can move up and down in order to find the right heigth off the desk that, when found, you simply tighten the bolt to lock it in. The arms also do swing horizontally very easily for positioning of the monitors independently as well as the ability to rotate. I don't use my monitors in portrait mode myself. At first I didn't think I could adjust the tilt and pitch of the monitors but found that the screws are covered up by caps and if you loosen them, you can adjust the pitch of the monitors as well. Basically stated, you have all the degrees of freedom that you need to position your monitors the way that you like.

There is also an included desk mount bolt if you prefer to drill a hold through your desk to secure the stand.

One other nice touch is that the stand does have attached cable guides on each arm that come in handy. A couple of velcro straps are something you might want to add if you're a stickler about cable neatness.

What this all basically comes down to is that for the price, it's a heckuva bargain ... at least when compared to others that I saw. The most important piece of any review, at least for me, is if the reviewer would purchase it again if they had it to do over again. And I certainly would without even hesitating. Sure the base is a bit bigger in length, but I'd much rather deal with that than have an unstable dual-monitor stand.

Save the $100 and purchase this stand.
on April 30, 2010
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
If you are using duel monitors theres 2 things that are essental ultramon and this mount. This mount made it so I can relax and see my screens no matter how Im sitting. I paid 80$ for it after shipping. I had to put in a few extra zipties to get the cables going down the main pillar to stay put. That is no big deal. Assembly was easy. I juss simply walked over to the couch put the monitors face down on it and mounted them with the provided screws. That was of course after I put it together. Assembly of the actual mount was pretty self explanatory but it comes with directions if you need them. Overall this is something I dont see how I was living with out. I would buy this mount because if you but new monitors you still have the mount to put them on. This thing is also durable and will last for years to come. To put it short knowing the value I got out of this I would have gladly payed more so get it while its dirt cheap.
review image review image review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations