Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

on December 23, 2010
My cousin lost this watch at the bottom of a lake in PA, it sat there for two summer and under the frozen water in the winter. One day I was snorkeling and found it in the mud still ticking, and to this day he keeps it running in his fishing box.

When I needed a watch I bought this one, the same one I had back in middle school, I have had it two years and its still working perfect. I own a power washing business and have beaten it up and with the exception of scratches on the body its fine.

The band still looks brand new, I have no idea how it hasn't shredded to pieces yet, I never take it off except to shower. The band is smaller then I would like, it latches and the excess band just fits in the loop, causing it to pop out once in a while.

Over all it's a great watch
on August 20, 2008
Watch keeps good time, it's light, easy to read, and you don't have to worry about taking it off every time you go near water. Minor quibble, you have to hit a button to see the date.
The band is another story. When I ordered, I expected to receive a Velcro band as per the write-up. Nope - It came with a miniature belt buckle, which is short even for my average size wrist, making it difficult to put on. The band is also a little stiff which contributes to the difficulty of putting it on ones wrist. It also makes it scratchy and somewhat uncomfortable to wear. I hoped that time would ease these problems but it has not.
I'm shopping for a new band.
on September 2, 2011
I am enjoying this watch immensely. Let me address some of the concerns of other reviewers.

The band is a nylon band with a normal buckle and an adjustable loop for holding the excess; there are nine holes on the buckle; my wrist size is over 7.5 inches and I'm using the hole right in the middle. Hope this helps anyone with sizing issues. I don't find the band uncomfortable at all. I also don't find it dainty in the least; I would label it a large sport watch and find the unisex label accurate.

I found the back lighting button easy to use and easy to read in darkness.

As another reviewer said, there is a button to press for the date. If the time and date were displayed together all of the time, the individual numbers would have to be smaller. The time is always displayed and you have to push a button for the month and day. I don't mind because the display is larger. Blame my aging eyes for delighting in the larger display.

I found the watch easy to set and change the date and time, as well as the other functions. The buttons used to make changes are easy to find and very easy to press--and that's not always the case with a multi-function watch.

The stop watch is easy to find and use. I use the stopwatch twice a week to time an exercise so this is very handy.

Overall, I really like the look of this watch as well as the easy to use functions.
on December 27, 2013
First of all I love the watch. It works well in rough or wet conditions. But like other people have said, the watch band started falling apart after two weeks. The metal rings on the wristband started coming off and the fabric on the band started coming undone. Kinda disappointed.
on June 5, 2015
I was so stoked to find this throwback watch! Just like the one's I used to wear back in the 90's hehehe. The best part, was that it didn't have that plastic, push button clasp that would always get pushed and unclasped on accident. This one has the traditional buckle style. I got this for my 7 year old son Erek who LOVES it. He's had silly little spider man watches and other cheap junk in the past that he takes off and looses pretty quickly. He was stoked to learn that he could time stuff with the stopwatch and count down timers. He sets custom alarms for stuff he wants to be reminded of. When he goes out into the neighborhood to play with friends, we tell him "come check in after an hour". He knows to set his watch so there's no excuses! hehehe. He loves it, we love it. I should buy two more of these. Oh, I should mention that this is not a child size watch...I had to modify it to fit my son's skinny wrist by poking a few extra buckle holes with a small hot screwdriver through the nylon strap which worked perfectly as the hot screwdriver melted the surrounding nylon, reinforcing it from getting frayed. This is an adult size...but kind of a small face...maybe for ladies or "metro" dudes??? ;)
on October 15, 2011
Don't buy this watch if you plan to wear it over a wetsuit. I bought this watch because I thought it was the classic surfing watch. But within 3 or 4 sessions the eyelets started tearing out of the nylon strap, basically making it useless.
on April 20, 2016
I have had Shark watches for many years and love the watches. This one is also a great watch but the band is awful. It was barely long enough and shortly started falling apart. First the eyelet, and then the strap loop. Love the watch but hate the band. The watch is a 4 star but could only give the overall a 1 star because I have carry it in my pocket.
on March 7, 2015
easy to read but I still haven't figured out how to run all the functions. I was warned but there are absolutely NO instructions w this watch. NONE. I had this brand years ago and it lasted a long time so I'm trying another one to see how it does. Now if I coul only get the date right..... So far I can see the face well at night with the light - haven't noticed the problem mentioned by others - logo obscuring the face.
on December 8, 2015
Strap ripped apart after about 3 days of light dry use. I work in an office, and it was taken off for showers. Customer service told me I could buy a new strap for $$12 or such. I returned it shortly after.
on June 11, 2013
The watch is great, the band is terrible. A metal ring fell out of the band <24 hours of putting it on than another one fell out in another day a half. I contacted the seller and I was told I voided the warranty by wearing it. The band is loose now because the band has broken down.