Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black)
Used & New from: $94.94
Freezing with disc playback/restarting (HELP!!!!) I recently purchased this Blu-ray player and was excited to use it for the first time. I watched a few movies on it without too many problems (it froze the first time that I used it with my X-Men Blu-ray), but I ran into a big issue today when I put in my new copy of Boardwalk Empire on Blu-ray. When "Play All" is selected on the main menu, everything is great, but the second that I go to "Select Episode", everything freezes and within the space of about 4 minutes, it will restart and take me all the way through the disc playback till I get to the same main menu. This, along with the other freezing and the fact that I've "unplugged" the device a few times out of frustration, is really upsetting to me. A big purchase of a student and one that doesn't seem to be worth it right now. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Has this happend to anyone else?
asked by M. Lindbeck on January 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
I type from Spain with the same problem. I've got the Sony BDP-S480 and the Boarddwalk's Empire's first season. When I try to select an episode, the player crashes and I must to switch off the cord power. I have no doubt, that it's a firwmare problem. Sony must develope a new firmaware to fix it.
Roy answered on January 23, 2012

A
votes
Same thing happens on my Sony BDV-E780W. Looking like a Sony issue. When I contacted them they told me to return the disc as defective. Not!
T. Kavanagh answered on January 23, 2012

A
votes
hold stop for a few seconds also works if the screen is blurry.
Dontay answered on March 3, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›