Fremont Knives 100-002 Farson Blade Survival Tool, 6"
|Price:||$36.01 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$22.99 (39%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Overall length 6 inches
- Can be converted to a hatchet or a splitting wedge
- Stainless steel for less corrosion
- Cutting edge length 7.75 inches
- Wrapped with 8 ft. of 550 lb. paracord for emergency
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Oh, if you are still interested, according to the company head Mike Jones, this item is made of 7CR17 which is almost identical to 440A composition wise. It is heat treated to 56-58Rc (this information courtesy of this items review on thefirearmblog.com).
It is basically an Ulu knife, but harder to hold, and in fact was kind of fun to use for food (salad) prep in the kitchen. But as a survival tool I cannot think of a single reason to choose this over, say, a Swedish made Mora you can get for $13 or a knife actually made in the U.S.A., a Buck Vantage Avid made of the excellent 13C26 Sandvik Stainless Steel for $30! How the Farson Blade could be made in China and still cost almost $39 (shipped) is beyond me; maybe they are banking it to pay for the lawsuit that is going to be filed when someone squats down and has their thigh laid open as this tool slices fight through the totally inadequate sheath? Ahhhh, sorry, that was kinda tacky put please take away the point - replace the sheath by making a kydex one for a couple bucks or line the edge of the included sheath with rivets or Chicago screws along the cutting edge portion.Read more ›
1. It's different, so that means it takes some getting used to. You can baton with it, cut with it, tie it to a stick and chop with it like an axe. But these things are new, so it takes some getting used to.
2. It's almost all blade, so you can cut yourself on this puppy if you're not careful. Few tools have this much blade so close to your hand. Again, take care and take time to get used to it.
3. It's light. Very light! This is a real plus if you're deciding between this and a small hatchet for a trip. I'd take this over a hatchet for light chopping.
4. On the downside, I found I couldn't get as much momentum with this blade when chopping. Batoning is different, of course, as the momentum comes from the baton itself.
Overall, I think this is a pretty cool tool. I'm not sure that it's a total game changer, replacing all my other blades. But it's something I'll continue to use.
It also works well for chopping vegetables when I am cooking. Lots of uses, just lit your imagination be your guide.
A 'Must Have item for your Survival belt! Pity one can't take it on an aeroplane!!
Very Very Sharp and held it's edge extremely well, even after prolonged use! Got to watch ALL CUTTING EDGES!!
Only deficiency is that it should have a strong robust moulded Kydak type Case!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not a terrible blade, I won't call it a knife. I need to use it more as it just so different than anything I have used that it really takes a different skill set to maximize its... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Chris
I love it. A fantastic skinning knife. A little difficult to sharpen but worth the extra effort.Published 2 months ago by Gregory Ward
I was skeptical when buying it. Wasn't sure if I would like it or not. But watch the review on YouTube. This blade is awesome! Very rugged. Feels good in the hand. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jonnyboy
This knife had allowed me to add a bank up knife and ax to my bug out gear with minimum slave and weight. I want a second for my get home bag but have one problem. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Gregory Ivey
Exactly as described and fast shipping. This blade is amazing!Published 4 months ago by Ashley Baumberger
Nice blade sharp fits everywhere so I will have it if I need it.Published 4 months ago by Bigdaddygrim
God I love this blade. Going in my B.O.B. Versatile and many uses come to mind, thinking of getting the hatchet style too.Published 4 months ago by Urichhai