Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on September 7, 2013
My daughter got me hooked on French Bull dishes,and I now have 60 in various patterns and sizes, ranging from the robot and princess plates (use them as dessert plates) to the big platters- a colorful and very welcome splash of color on my kitchen dresser.

In fact, I love French Bull so much that after remodeling our kitchen, I sold all my Spode, and we now use French Bull exclusively, every day, including holidays. Yes, they are melamine, but the quality is excellent, and guests rave about our thrilling and unusual dishes rather than complain about our lack of formality.

I've had most of our French Bull for probably five years now, always toss it in the dishwasher, and only recently has any of it started showing wear, and that's from daily use with serrated knives, and only on the four or five well used dishes at the front of the plate rack at that. 90% of the rest look brand new, and, believe me, they most certainly aren't

I've been beyond pleased at how well it's stood up. My only disappointment is I wish it would wear out more frequently so I can rationalize getting some new patterns! Ziggy is really catching my eye.....

Why am I reviewing after all this time? I'm browsing to see whats new with French Bull, and it occurred to me that a great product probably deserved a great- if belated- review.
on August 8, 2012
I have these pretty melamine 11-inch dinner plates in Multi Dot, and I really like this whimsical pattern. I also own French Bull's matching 8-inch plates, the matching 16-ounce tumblers, and various French Bull trays in the Multi-Dot pattern.

I wish they could be put in the microwave; that is my only complaint. You cannot place food on the plate and heat it up. They are dishwasher safe, but I recommend hand washing.

These 11" dinner plates do not fit the French Bull rubberwood and melamine tray. I wish they did, as I cannot watch TV and eat dinner on my favorite tray using these plates.

They are a very colorful choice, and they really brighten up meal times! They are not cheap melamine; French Bull is quality stuff!
on September 21, 2013
These plates are just as bold and bright as the on-screen image portrays. I use them for everyday meal service at home. My family loves them as much as I do. The only shortcoming to them is the limitation of all melamine dinnerware, they do not withstand microwave oven use, but I can live with that shortcomming. I have stoneware and corelleware I use to cook or reheat meals in the microwave. I was surprised to find out that the French Bull dinnerware are produced in Viet Nam, a country I "visited" for a couple of years in the late 60's. Irreguardless of their source, they seem to be an excellent quality product, one that I intend to purchase again in the future. My only quandry now is which of the many great designs to select for my dinnerware expansion plans.
I bought this for my daughter who needs to bring her own plate and flatware one day per week to school. I thought it would be very bright and cheery, so was a bit disappointed that the colors were deeper, darker colors upon arrival. Luckily she likes it despite the colors not being as bright and cheery as I'd thought. Other than that it is as expected.
on June 8, 2012
I am weighing in so as to even out the previous reviews. Yes, it is a PLATE, just as the description states. The description also makes it clear this is melamine which is a hard resin plastic. I give the platters as hostess gifts all summer long; they are wonderful for outdoor entertainers. I LOVE the French Bull line and use my covered containers constantly. I don't find the colors dark at all.
on December 7, 2012
Beautiful but not good material, it's nice-to serve cup cakes, cakes, make it a dinner suplat etc. I don't see it as a dinner plate unless its a garden-pool thing.
on June 28, 2012
I just love French Bull products. There such a great gift to give for birthdays. I just keep buying them and they just keep getting better
on October 13, 2011
The French Bull plates are unique, colorful and very pretty, but I really didn't know they were plastic. Nonetheless, I really like all the various patterns, but Spendida is my favorite.

See 1 answered question