Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 31, 2012
You must buy waist size 30", if you are a true 32". Manufacturer adding two inches to the waist is called vanity sizing. This is done to make us think we are skinnier. When buying pants, watch out for vanity sizing. My waist size measured with a tape measure is 32", but I bought a size 30" to account for vanity sizing. I received the pants and although the pants size show 30", it measured to be 32".
on June 22, 2012
I'm slender and normally wear a 32 waist. These pants (size 32) had slender legs which fit nicely, but the waist was so big that they fell off me! Also, they have a button fly. Had the description mentioned the button fly, I never would have ordered them.

They seem well made and the fabric felt nice, but between the weird size and button fly, I had to send them back.
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2012
As someone with a stocky build (5'10", 190 lbs.) who nonetheless desires to be fashionable without being too-hipsterish (and without spending more than $100), these are the ideal pair of pants for me. The slim leg starting at just above the knee, yet moderate roominess in the waist and crotch fit my body type perfectly.

I wear them to work every week, although they are versatile enough for somewhat formal after work/evening functions. I have even worn them with a t-shirt for more casual situations.

For comparison to other brands: I find the fit on these to be far superior to virtually any of the Banana Republic or J. Crew styles. Most of the Ben Sherman trousers are too slim for me, while the Original Penguin pants I have tried just have an overall awkward fit. For a somewhat different moderately slim, straight leg cut, I also highly recommend Toddland's "Greatest Pants". (Yes, I have been on a long quest for the perfect pair of trousers!)

The downside to the Machine Gun pant is that I wear a 30 inseam and thus invariably require a visit to the tailor when receiveing these (32" inseam) pants.
on October 3, 2013
I just got a smaller size after reading reviews saying that "these run big and therefore get a size down" - nonsense. Get your regular size.

Great quality, great colors, and you will love these.
on October 21, 2014
this is one of my favorite brands. everything fits perfect....even on an older body ;) So many brands these days are too tailored a fit. these give ample room for movement and look amazing. The colors they have always are a delight and get me many comments and questions of where I bought them. If you like the button fly style this is the brand for you. slowly they are replacing all the other pants I own....not on purpose, its just working out that way.
on May 21, 2013
As others have written, sizing is a bit wacky, but if you take that into account, you'll be fine. Following the guidance of other reviewers, I ordered a 30 waist even though I ordinarily wear a 32. The 30 fits perfectly. The quality seems reasonable, the fit good, and, most importantly, the color is very bright and vivid. Good stuff so far. Can't comment on durability yet.
on October 10, 2014
I ordered it in tapenade size 30

But the quality is normal for the price and it doesn't look as shiny as in the picture at least for the tapenade color can't talk about the other colors.

That's why I don't like it so I need to sell it sigh )=.
on July 20, 2016
I wish they would make a size 31 because 32 is a little big and 30 is a little small. I got both sizes and keep the 32 . Overall looks really nice and the quality didn't disappointed either.
on August 21, 2015
Nice fit, but who designed these? The pants look great, except one glaring problem: the material on the butt is sheer and you could see my underwear beneath it. Talk about sexy!
on September 1, 2014