Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Ratatouille forum

French Language Track

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2007 7:16:10 PM PST
Does anyone know why there is no French language track? I bought it to finish up a food unit for my French class, but I was shocked to discover it only comes in English. the Blue-Ray has the alternate tracks, but why not the standard DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2007 7:20:16 PM PST
CLos says:
Je ne sais pas!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2007 7:30:14 PM PST
A. Tovar says:
I was very upset as well, I was looking forward to showing this movie to my French class, and was disgusted that they made a movie about France without including the language. It has been a while since I have wanted to purchase a Disney movie, and after this I doubt I will want to again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 11:36:56 AM PST
Traductrice says:
Amazon.fr lists the release date for the French-language version as February 1, 2008.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2007 4:03:03 PM PST
M. McCrady says:
Moi aussi!! Je viens d'acheter pour mes eleves et voila, pas de francais!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2007 2:36:01 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 14, 2007 2:36:50 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2007 9:55:48 PM PST
francophone says:
But the version produced for France will not be Zone 1 and therefore not playable on US DVD players. Perhaps there is a different version available for Canadian audiences that is Zone 1?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2007 12:20:59 PM PST
sprocket72 says:
Hi there. I got a version of this DVD and I am guessing it was produced for the Canadian market as it states on the cover "for sale in Canada only" and this has a FRENCH language track and sous titres en Francais!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 3:23:57 PM PST
Heather says:
Where did you purchase this Canadian version? Like those above, I was planning to use the DVD for a 5 week unit on the partitive and food vocabulary and now I'll have to rethink my entire curriculum for Jan and Feb unless I can find a French version that will play on an American DVD player.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 7:47:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2007 7:48:01 PM PST
manicsounds says:
http://www.amazon.ca/Ratatouille-Widescreen/dp/B000VBJEF0/ref=pd_bowtega_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1196480803&sr=1-3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2007 5:57:32 AM PST
sprocket72 says:
Hi there. I got it from playusa.com but I don't know if I can mention that on amazon!!!! Maybe the canadian version of amazon stocks the version with the French track....Its great in French...much more realistic!!! After all they are in France!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2007 1:57:14 AM PST
good day!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2008 8:30:26 PM PST
13etini says:
Thank you so much for the info. I'm going to buy it so that I could show it to the rest of the french class

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 9:15:13 PM PST
P. Halverson says:
Its very easy to buy an "all-zones" or "region code free" DVD player. Then you don't have to worry about this problem.

Posted on Mar 22, 2009 5:02:42 PM PDT
M. Ersing says:
Are the subtitles only in French? Is there an English option?

Posted on Apr 12, 2010 11:01:39 AM PDT
C. Mcphail says:
I actually emailed Disney regarding this issue - they gave me some line about licensing issues (which I think is baloney considering the power Disney has and that it's been released internationally). Of course, it's about the bottom line...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Ratatouille forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2007
Latest post:  Apr 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about