5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, August 25, 2011
This review is from: French Quarter (Kindle Edition)
No one does New Orleans and the bayou like Stella Cameron, but it's not just the setting that drew me into FRENCH QUARTER -- it's the characters and the layered plot. I don't want to give away too much but be prepared for surprises! Fantastic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read - I recommend this book, September 3, 2011
C. Williams (Northern California, United States) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this book.

The love story was pretty sweet, (a bit of steamy stuff - not alot) the characters all very well drawn and interesting, and the mystery plot nicely layered. I got into the story and wanted to keep reading. There is a lot going on in this book - and not everything is wrapped up tightly in the end, which was okay with me - the important things were. The dialog was realistic, and the scenes descriptive without going overboard.

I love New Orleans, and the French Quarter in particular, so the setting was wonderful. Jack's daughter Amelia was delightful! I fell in love with her. Actually, I really enjoyed all the characters - some that you wanted to be the 'bad guys', were not, and vice versa. A really enjoyable read.

There are a fair amount of proofreading errors in the book - missing punctuation, and typos. They did not detract from my reading enjoyment, but I mention them for others that are unable to enjoy a book with errors.

I will read other novels by Stella Cameron.

4.0 out of 5 stars i know lowered the rating from a full five stars, February 18, 2012
This review is from: French Quarter (Kindle Edition)
So I love Stella Cameron, loved this book and will probably read it again. I really wanted to give this five stars but in the other comment about grammatical errors, well sometimes its like reading a text you is from someone who's busy. The number 1 comes up for I's so I said okay easy fix.... until it became 1 meant l. I really thought it wouldn't bother me but it did. I say if this were a paperback and didn't have these typos 5 star definitely. I guess sometimes while reading I also wondered if maybe the book was too short for the plot but Stella Cameron pulled it off. Oh and I could just hear the accents Antione's accent is the best I kind of picture Ray from the Frog Princess. I might have been in New Orleans for two days but also having families from small towns or just towns of gossip the culture is pretty much dead on. I am sure with the rich culture New Orleans has it would be hard to grasp it all but the author did an amazing job. So as an ebook really hard to ignore the typos but lots of colorful characters and I believe people from gossiping towns can relate, big cities like places up north where I actually you don't see this action.

5.0 out of 5 stars French Quarter, November 6, 2013
This review is from: French Quarter (Kindle Edition)
Once again I started with a later book and ended up going back and reading the rest. I really enjoyed the characters and the stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stella Cameron delivers again., August 21, 2013
This review is from: French Quarter (Kindle Edition)
This one kept me guessing and rooting for the two lovers to finally get together. The feel and flavor and atmosphere of New Orleans is woven throughout this story with a mystery as thick as a bowl of gumbo. If you love the Big Easy, you'll enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TWISTER, January 28, 2012
This review is from: French Quarter (Kindle Edition)
This is my fist book that I have read by this author (Stella Cameron) but it will not be my last. The story line has some twist and turns, some I knew the outcome but then others and I had no clue. It seems that all the character had a secret to tell about either their past or what they knew. The writing style, it had me turning the pages to find out more about each character. I do not want to ruin any of the story plots, so I am keeping this very basic information. I can tell you this story is not a disappointment!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 15, 2014
This review is from: French Quarter (Kindle Edition)
I like Stella Cameron`s books . this is a good one still reading it.

French Quarter