Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 6, 2012
Purchased all three of these study cards after buying the Rosetta Stone program. While the Rosetta Stone was working fine, I realized that I has having issues with verbs, etc. that really were not being discussed in the first steps of the Rosetta program. These cards are great and I would recommend them to anyone learning a new language. They provided enough information to be able to clarify what I was hearing on the Rosetta program, making the verbs, tenses, etc. all make sense.
on June 6, 2014
Unfortunately, this study aid only conjugates the -er and -ir forms of the regular verbs. It mentions the -re and -oir forms and then mentions them no further. So, if you are looking for how to conjugate apprendre (as I was) this study aid will be of no help.

On a positive note, it does attempt to explain the uses of the outrageous overabundance of French tenses. (What could the French possibly be trying to communicate that would require fourteen tenses?) And it makes an effort to cover some of the more important irregular verbs.

However, the fact that it did not conjugate all the regular verb forms was just disheartening, and I put it away.

Really, they need a third page to fold out. French verbs just cannot be done on two sheets of paper.
on October 11, 2011
GREAT for learners OR for review. Grammar is a challenge for most people even in their own language! I love this - keep one at home and one at work. STRONGLY recommend it.
on February 25, 2013
I have bought this, and all the other French QuickStudy sets. Trust me, they are incredibly helpful. My professor saw them in my folder and exclaimed "oh! Those are incredibly helpful! Really good!". If my professor says so, and I'm saying so...trust us ;)

They're organized nicely, with different colors per section to help with the organization and for quickly finding what you need. they fit nicely into any binder. They're also laminated with great quality plastic. These things won't get ruined, no matter how hard you may try.

Trust me, they're cheap and incredible quality. You want these.
on May 11, 2015
No -re or -oir verbs!
Just backing up what another reviewer has stated on here. I bought this a couple of years ago and found it very strange that no examples of the -re/-oir verbs were given when the other forms were.
Thinking it must be just a bad copy which I received, I went ahead and contacted the publisher regarding this. To this day I have not received the courtesy of a reply from them.
Apparently, it was not a bad copy, it's just the way it is and the publisher does not have the decency to either write back or correct their shortcoming.
Like the other reviewer, I too put it away disheartened.
Caveat emptor!
on March 7, 2016
Excellent study aid and reference guide. So glad we got this for our daughter. It helped me review/teach her basic concepts that she was unable to learn from the teacher. If the teacher just isn't cutting it, it's better to learn from different aids than to just give up and score poorly in the class.
on January 8, 2014
This company offers three separate products for French: Vocabulary, Grammar and Verbs. I suggest that you purchase not just this one, but all three. I can't think of anything you would normally need to know that is not on one of these cards.
on November 11, 2013
This product is great if you already know French verbs and you need to refresh on them. I am just starting out and I do not understand this product to save my life. maybe in a month or two when I understand the language more this will become more useful but as of right now its way over my head.
on February 3, 2013
I like to have study charts easily accessible... This one can be put into a three-ring-binder but it's also lightweight enough to hang on the cabinet above the kitchen sink, like I did :) for easy access. Makes doing dishes much more enjoyable :)
on December 15, 2012
My grandchildren live in France and although I understand simple French I am not a French speaker at all. This enjoys pride of place on my bedside table. A lady can always try to improve herself!