Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$11.11+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

I really got sucked into buying this book because the title and cover are so seductive--let's face it, we all do judge a book by the cover! But I wasn't disappointed. It started out a bit slow (perhaps because it contained so much background that I already knew about). But as I read on, I found invaluable information that will help me catch up to my husband and other intuitive friends.

The book begins with discussion of the coming transformation in human consciousness, and includes 9 stages a person typically passes through. The frequencies we live in are discussed, in order to make the information appeal to the more grounded left-brain types. Different levels (which correlate with chakras) are also listed.

The middle of the book gets more personal with tips on how to become aware of your feeling habits, and understanding how they developed. It teaches how to undo the unhealthy feeling habits and start healthy ones.

Penny shows how people collapse gradually into a negative energy rut, and how to get out. Chapter 5 ("Feeling Your Home Frequency") includes the very best description I have ever read of what it means to "be in your body" as well as how to get deeper into your body. Before I started eating a primarily raw food diet 7 years ago, many people would accuse me of not being in my body!

You also learn how to become much more intuitive as you "feel into" other people and even objects. Penny's description of what happened to her in Japan is sure to blow your mind as well as give you an insight into the Asian culture.

Later in the book you learn how to master relationship resonance, reading people, finding solutions to your problems, and much more.

Each chapter has at least one "Try this!" section with exercises to make you think and learn, as well as a "Just to recap" summary. The chapters end with a "Home Frequency Message" section that you can read slowly or listen to as someone reads it aloud. This inspired writing catapults you into a deeper experience.

I thought I was going to be able to sell my used copy on Amazon, but now I realize I have to keep it as a reference book for when I need to get more intuitive! There are just too many valuable exercises in it!

Susan Schenck, author of The Live Food Factor: The Comprehensive Guide to the Ultimate Diet for Body, Mind, Spirit & Planet
and
Beyond Broccoli, Creating a Biologically Balanced Diet When a Vegetarian Diet Doesn't Work
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 16, 2010
This is the best book I have ever read and "used."

I will give a long review below that is necessary for me to explain how magnificent this book has been for me. For those of you that aren't interested in my story - I can tell you that if you have ever pondered existence, intuition, coincidence, energy, realities, unity, spirituality, clairvoyance, consciousness, enlightenment, quantum physics, personal development, transcendence, transformation, happiness and more - you must own this book. This is the only book I have ever read that seemed as if it was written directly to me. This book gave me what I have been seeking. It has given me a clear and easy path to follow to become the person I have always hoped to be and it is working!

Now for my long review: In March 2009, my wife was fighting for her life at Riverside Hospital in Columbus Ohio. I was financially ruined and perceived myself as a failure. Sitting in the chapel completely defeated, I threw in the towel. I wanted to know why I was failing and suffering so badly and told the divine source that I believed was present that, "I quit. I don't care any more. You take control of my life and give me the knowledge I desire so I can have peace." And my journey began.

A few months after the trauma in Columbus I found myself strolling the streets of Yellow Springs Ohio, with my recovering wife and children. I remember clearly it was the first day in a very long time that I felt a sense of peace and being present in the moment. I thought it was coincidence that I found an old book with writings by Kierkegaard, as that day I had been thinking about the meaning of it all. The day I finished reading the book, "Basic Writings of Existentialism," written by Gordon Marino, arrived.

My quest for knowledge continued and my passion for reading was out of control. It is important to note that I rarely finished reading books in the past. Now, I'd finish a book and another would arrive. After existentialism my interests changed to Buddhism and I read a few books on the subject. From there I jumped into books by Deepak Chopra. After Deepak, I started reading entheogen experience books as I was fascinated by DMT and the experiences of those that experimented with like chemicals.

I threw in a couple life after death books and then stumbled onto: "Tranceformers: Shamans of the 21st Century - Second Edition Revised and Updated for 2012," by John Jay Harper. That book really got me interested in the unified universe, the zero-point field and the great consciousness that may hold the knowledge of everything. "Tranceformers" also answered a lot of questions for me and influenced a shift in my consciousness. I was amazed by the proven powers of intuition and the fascinating topics regarding DNA and a universe driven by consciousness, not matter.

I watched a three hour string theory documentary on PBS, and from there I read numerous books by Paul Davies, John Gribbin, David Parrish, John James, Bernard Haisch, and Ervin Laszlo. Each of the books were significant for me and I noticed myself changing as I started to understand the world we live in - a unified world of energy and waves - not the three dimensional world I had been trapped in.

I have become more passionate and empathetic and even at times worried by my new emotions. I started finding childlike pleasures that were buried long ago. I find much more pleasure in helping others than ever before. I no longer have to be alone in nature to "be in the moment." I find myself much happier and have had things work out in surprising ways.

The problem for me was that I could understand a new holistic world and was excited and often blissful contemplating it but I felt I hit a brick wall as far as furthering my own personal journey of enlightenment; a state I don't fully expect to reach as it is not contingent upon ones will.

The book "Frequency" had appeared in a few of my searches as a possible choice but I had always been one that didn't pay much attention to what I perceived as esoteric works and thought it might bore me as I had such fun pondering "new physics" type books. It did not bore me at all. It summarized my quest, broke new ground and has given me closure. I believe that I don't need to read any other books to complete my journey. Everything I need to know is in this book.

As soon as I started reading this book I knew it was what I had been looking for all along. I laughed with amazement as Penney Peirce described my past in this book and where I am today. Such clarity. She gives exercises throughout that have connected me to what I thought was impossible. I still struggle with my ego that tries to put me in REM while I search inside myself and I have a long way to go. But I know the path to get there is all in this book. And it is a fun path to travel. Buy this book for yourself, your family and friends. I always wanted to have a positive influence on this world and just by sharing this book I will achieve that.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 26, 2009
I never really give book reviews...but I feel driven to do so.

This is the best Energy book I have ever read.... and trust me, I have read a lot. I teach Energy Healing classes and am an Energy Healer. I have recommeded this to all my clients and students...since it's release.

The book is so easy to understand and each page is fascinating. This book should be read by the masses. No stone is left unturned... every line makes sense. Most of all, she knows what she is talking about!!

You are Energy!! Understand who you are. Buy this book, raise your frequency, be transformed!

Spread the Qi,

Katt Lowe
[...]

check out my Chakra Balancing CD on AmazonChakra Balancing with Your Spirit Guides & Angels
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2010
We are energy. The best thing we can do as humans is to learn to use our energy to change for the better.

Ms. Peirce has done a great job of explaining how energy and vibration work. You don't have to be a physicist to understand what she is saying. Use this book to learn how to tap into your personal vibration and find your home frequency. This is key to transforming your life through using energy correctly. At the same time Ms. Peirce does not neglect the spiritual aspects of our being, and she presents some views of what the different planes of the afterlife might be like. Throughout the book she also provides meaningful quotes from people such as Carl Jung and Abraham/Esther Hicks.

The thing I like most about this book is that it's not just a bunch of theories about energy. It's a real how-to book. Each chapter has one or more "Try This" sections that really help you put the vibration and energy skills into practice. And you will have to practice. The book is excellent, but there is so much valuable information that you will have to refer to it many times and use it as a guide while you progress in learning to work with your frequency.
on February 5, 2011
If I didn't know better, I would have thought that this book was written in the sixties. At that time it might have been considered "cutting-edge" thinking. In fact there were books written in the 30's and 40's that were more advanced. It took me a while to realize why FREQUENCY was so annoying to me -not just boring.

The left side of our brain gives us reasoning capabilities - it is how we analyze, rationalize, and make deductions. It judges and assigns value to things. The right side is about intuition and creativity. When we function from this side, we KNOW things without judgement or bias.

FREQUENCY is a left-brained approach to developing right-brained functions. A paradoxical and somewhat illogical idea.

For most of my life, I was a corporate innovator - it was my job to create new products. From time to time management would implement some "creativity" program based on a "process". I was always at odds with these programs because true creativity doesn't work that way. A process restricts - it doesn't enhance or promote creativity. The same is true of this book. If you are a novice to these concepts, it might have value but if you have already begun the ascension process it will only slow you down. Ascension is about moving out of our brains and into our hearts. Any structured approach to this stage of evolution is counter-indicated. FREQUENCY is all about structure and process.

Some less important specifics:
Quotes are scattered throughout the text - to me they were just annoying and disruptive.
The analogies were some of the worst that I have seen.
Every point of discussion is broken down into a series of steps.
The sentence structure is often too redundant and complex for the point being made.
Psychology is often the door of entrance to the spiritual path - it is not the destination. This book is more about psychology and sensing "good" and "bad" vibs than it is about spiritual development.

I also feel that the title of the book is misleading. Our world is one of structured vibrations and everything in it has a resonant frequency. Our minds have the capability of affecting those frequencies and thereby changing our reality. I had expected that this book would have touched on this topic.

For those who are serious about ascension, I would highly recommend ONENESS by Rasha. It is perhaps the most meaningful book that I have ever read.
2727 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 23, 2010
Trust me when I say this - I have read a tremendous number of books on energy, intuition, etc.
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK BY FAR because Ms. Peirce explains it in ways you understand. The author
has a gift to reach into your soul and help you to the next level...like a personal coaching session
at a much cheaper price!

I had been struggling with many issues for awhile. This book helped bring clarity and light, and
gave me the courage to move on from a relationship to something more healthy for me!!

THANKS FOR WRITING THIS FABULOUS BOOK!!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 25, 2009
This is one those books that help to bridge the gap between science and spirituality, on an even closer spacing. Anyone studying the nature of personal reality and quantum physics will find this book useful, in that, you know your understanding and growth must be on a gradual scale for it to be believable to yourself and, thus, effective in the real world.(Abraham-Hicks) This is the first book I have come across that has pushed the outer limit of our mechanical living ever closer to the spiritual world in an understandable process for moving through these phases. I highly recommend it.
on November 15, 2010
Penney Peirce is an amazing intuitive counselor, teacher, and writer. She has personally assisted me in my own life and provided me with powerful insights about my own challenges. I am so happy and honored, not just because I know Penney, to share with the world the exceptional nature of this book Frequency.

Penney's book is filled with cutting edge, intuitive wisdom & knowledge chapter after chapter. But its not just another self-help book on intuition and metaphysics. This is book is so unique in its approach to understanding ourselves as spiritual beings living in a physical world. Penney shares with readers her own journey with clients, their realizations, and she solidifies the ending of each chapter with a direct writing that represents her tapping into her own 'home frequency.'

This book is all about helping us shift our awareness, move into our home frequency so that we can live with greater sense of awareness, being, and joy. I am using this book in my own life and also with clients. Just reading the direct writing messages out loud has helped me to tap into my own frequency.

I invite you not just to read Frequency but to experience its unique message for a world shifting and changing every minute. This book will introduce you to a different language of metaphysics, one that goes beyond the ordinary terms we read of so much in metaphysical self-help books. Penney brings a new way of speaking to the field of intuition, psychology, and spirituality.

It is one of my favorite books of all time and I am honored to experience the power of Frequency!!! Thanks Penney for your hard work, love, wisdom, and knowledge!!!
on September 1, 2012
Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration - Penney Peirce
(Beyond Words Pub., 2009, 272 pgs., $15.00)

(Reviewed by Michael Jeffreys for Sept. 2012 Issue of THE WHOLE PERSON Magazine.)

"To fully wake up from the dream, you'll need an everyday experience of the soul, of your own highest frequency state."
-Penney Peirce

In Frequency, Penney Peirce writes: "As old forms dissolve, you might experience disillusionment. You may have little certainly left about who you are, what you can rely on, or why you're here. The failure of old structures is a natural way that life is preparing you for your new self."

As many of us are experiencing as we go through "the shift" in 2012, a lot of the changes in our internal and external world are often confusing, overwhelming, and at times even quite physically and emotionally painful as we try to make sense of it all. This is why it can be extremely helpful to have an experienced guide, someone who understands what you are going through because they have been there, explain to you why you are feeling the way you do and, more importantly, how you can feel better.
The first step is to understand that everything is made of energy, and energy vibrates at different speeds. For example, did you know that low-frequency electromagnetic waves have a long wavelength and low energy, while high-frequency electromagnetic waves have a short wavelength and high energy? And what does this have to do with you? Everything! Because if everything is made out of energy, than that includes YOU! And so if you are only aware of lower density vibrations than by default that's where your attention will go, and that's what you'll experience!

Says Penney: "I want you to feel and imagine yourself as a porous, vibrational being merged into a vast field of vibrations; we are not solid lumps on a rock of a planet, but a collection of energies penetrating and being penetrated by millions of other energies."

So, how does one experience more peace, love, joy, happiness and bliss, as well as be able to tune into other people's energy and become more clairvoyant (the ability to know things about other people/things intuitively), telepathic (communicate without words) or psychic (sensitive to influences or forces of a nonphysical or supernatural nature)? The answer is by becoming conscious of and tuning into one's own highest vibration or home frequency.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Harold Whitman

Inside all of us is our own highest vibration that is totally unique to us, but most of us are not yet aware of this. How do you discover your home frequency? Be tuning into what makes you truly, authentically happy. What gets you excited? What "floats your boat" big time!? Forget what the world thinks, what do YOU think/feel?

Nobody can tell you what your highest frequency is simply because, as I mentioned, it is unique for all of us. Therefore, no one can do this inner-work but YOU. Oftentimes something excites us, but we think, "Oh, I couldn't make a living doing that..." and we immediately cut ourselves off from own inner-wisdom! This path is all about learning to trust your inner-knower/higher-self (rather than the outside world/authority figures, which is what most of us have been programmed to do).

First, find out what truly excites you, and then trust the details will manifest perfectly as you continue to hold onto this frequency with great love and excitement. So let your great adventure begin knowing in your heart that what serves your highest good will also serve the planet's. To help you re-program the mind, Penney also includes some empowering soul affirmations such as:

I remember what I am here for and I want to get on with it!
I am excited about my own destiny!
I can easily hold my own frequency, even when other people vibrate at a lower level.

I could go on and on about this book because, for myself, it was the perfect book at the perfect time. I say this because although I had figured out a lot of this stuff piecemeal, Penney lays it all out in a way that is understandable and easy to grasp (even the parts on quantum physics/science!).
Frequency by Penney Peirce gets my highest recommendation.

MICHAEL JEFFREYS is a Los Angeles based spiritual teacher/intuitive and the author of 9 books as well as two stories in the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" series. He is also the organizer of The Santa Monica Eckhart Tolle Meetup. His Blog on awakening can be found at mjeffreysDOTcom
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 18, 2011
In this book Penney Peirce assists the reader in increasing his/her understanding of raising their individual frequency. She patiently guides the reader through a practical progression of consciousness raising experiences.
Her premise is that the planet and humankind are shifting. Everywhere we turn we see evidence of intensification. Like a wave, by raising our frequency we can learn to surf the wave as opposed to being swept under by it.
Each chapter is structured to educate the reader with new information punctuated by case studies from her clinical practice. Toward the end of each chapter there are exercises to ground the reader in the premise that she is making followed by a summary of the chapter. This is followed by her coaching the reader to absorb the last part of the chapter in a contemplative fashion as opposed to speed-reading to allow the material to be integrated at a deeper level. I found her writing style to be very nourishing.
Throughout the book she guides the reader into attuning to what she calls the individual's "home frequency." From there she builds to help the person raise their frequency to assist others in healing through compassion and empathy. Like a spiral ascending, she helps the person attune to their Higher Self energy, which she describes as "diamond light." Continuing up the spiral, as one's frequency continues to raise, one can contact one's spirit guides as well as inspiration from higher dimensions.
I was drawn to the book as a means of explaining the hands on healing process. What I found in return was a practical guidebook to support me in staying attuned to my core and with that as a base, to continue to increase my awareness. I am profoundly grateful to have found this book, which continues to reverberate in my consciousness as a source of inspiration.