5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
Published on January 10, 2012 by J. Mandeville

3.0 out of 5 stars Yellow grass by the time it arrived on the West Coast.
Published on October 4, 2012 by Mina

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Fresh Patch (Patented) Disposable Dog Potty with REAL Grass (Misc.)
I use Fresh Patch for my senior dog, now having problems with kidneys and arthritis. We live on the 7th floor of an apartment, so sometimes it's difficult to make it to the dog park in time. My dog is very fussy about where she "goes," and she prefers grass or leaves. We do have a deck, so we tried Fresh Patch outside. After some encouragement, sprinkling "marked" leaves on top of the grass, she got the idea that it was okay to pee on the deck. Now it's great for emergencies and hopefully for snowy, miserable days. Our dog loves that it's real grass, and explores each new box with her nose. Great for apartment dwellers.

Some notes:
- If you buy from the company website (pay via Amazon), you can get it weekly or bi-weekly for a discount.
- It comes in a "pizza box" that you just throw away.
- If you leave the box outside, the bottom does get wet, so we use a rubber mat to elevate it off the deck tiles.
- The bottom of the box is cardboard and can fall apart if too wet.
- We put 4 boxes next to each other to make a "backyard" area on the deck (our dog is bigger and likes to circle around first). Then we swap out one box each week. The grass lasts a long time if you don't use it frequently. The boxes have scored edges making it easy to link them together.

Works great. Highly recommend. Not cheap, but I couldn't imagine cleaning up the reusable systems. Real grass is the biggest plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Patch - Improving relationships between men and small dogs, March 6, 2012
My girlfriend's dog and I don't have the best relationship. This shiatzu would pee all over my apartment, no matter how many times I took him outside. I didn't like that very much.
Enter Fresh Patch. The dude pees in it every time. I don't know why, frankly I don't care. Fresh Patch = no urine on my carpet. Which I like. Not a whole more to be said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loyal Customer and couldn't be happier!, June 14, 2013
Knan (Stanford, California United States) - See all my reviews
We love this product and feel we get great and reliable service from this company. I see there are now other vendors for similar products but we have been using Fresh Patch for a couple years now and see no reason to change. We live in a condo and have built a box that holds two of the fresh patch grass pieces, creating a perfect little grass area for our 22# puggle. I tried to save money by buying sod locally but can tell you the sod didn't last nearly as long and what a hassle! Fresh Patch arrives in a box at our door, its easy for me to handle (small woman) and lasts for 3-4 weeks. We can recycle the box and old patches too. Great product! Thank you...about to order more.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, August 10, 2013
Ashley the Pomeranian goes bananas when the new one arrives. In fact, we now have a bi-weekly Fresh Patch ritual in our house. When the new one arrives we throw away the old one. We then take the new one and place it in her designated "potty" area. She proceeds to run thirty or so laps around the new Fresh Patch box before eventually wearing herself out. At this point she stops and anxiously waits for me to remove the lid. Once the lid is off she spends a good five minutes sniffing the new patch of grass before marking her territory for the first time. I'm sorry but this never gets old. I really like this product and I'm so thankful I found it here on amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yellow grass by the time it arrived on the West Coast., October 4, 2012
This seems like a brilliant idea, thus why I ordered it. However this shipped out on Monday and arrived Thursday evening, sent ground Fedex all the way across the country. What arrived was some sad yellow looking grass. I promptly misted it well with water, but I don't see how this could possibly last two weeks, let alone a week. If you are more local to the East coast or willing to pay for 2 day delivery this really does seem like a great idea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two malteses use it without training, May 30, 2014
The product arrived as described and was within the expected timeframe. The grass was fresh and it lasted for about three weeks although it was left in the bathroom without sunlight. My two malteses used it immediately without additional training. I was able to fade out peepad in replacement of using the fresh patch. My indoor cat was curious of the grass and spent a lot of time digging the soil. The reason I gave it a four star instead of a five star was because of the shipping cost that increased the total cost of the purchase tremendously. If this product could be shipped under 2-days free shipping under PRIME membership, it would be a knockout!

5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN FINALLY RELAX, September 28, 2013
I moved from a house to an apartment with my dog. I had to always worry leaving my dog at home for long periods of time.
I no longer have to worry about walking her in the rain or at night. Fresh Patch has greatly improved our quality of living
in an apartment. The first day Fresh Patch arrived my dog used it without any problem. This is a great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 23, 2013
This is an amazing product! It has changed my life. It makes everything so much easier, and when I'm done with it, I can just throw it out!

1.0 out of 5 stars Anyone who has bought a grass patch from a Home Depot would not be a customer, August 7, 2014
Positives:
+ Arrived pretty quickly
+ looked fresh & nice

Negatives:
- Dog did not use it

- (The box did not have a waterproof bottom... when watering it, the water seeped through the bottom. If the dog used it, guess what would seep out?)

- $30 for a little patch of grass in a pizza box???? One could go to home depot, buy a huge patch of for a fraction of that amount!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Bugs, July 28, 2014
I thought it was a one off in my first box, but subsequent boxes had the same bugs. They.re barely visible, clear, and move quickly. No wonder my dog wouldn't.t use it.

Fresh Patch (Patented) Disposable Dog Potty with REAL Grass
$24.00 $19.00
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.