5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book for me
This book got it all started for me in my desire to eat mostly
raw fruits and vegetables (especially the juices). Ten years ago as a first-year graduate
Published on October 20, 2002 by Todd Ebert

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Suitable for Kindle
Perhaps the most important parts of this book are the charts with recipes. They are impossible to read on the Kindle; they are very small and cannot be enlarged...apparently they are graphic images and not text. It is also impossible on the Kindle to find the page references mentioned in the text, since these references refer to the printed edition. It's a good book, but...
Published on January 12, 2011 by Sydney Burroughs

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book for me, October 20, 2002
Todd Ebert (Long Beach California) - See all my reviews
This book got it all started for me in my desire to eat mostly
student at UC Santa Barbara I found myself with an acne problem that had plagued me for the last 5 years, in addition to eyes that were beginning to tire easily. Then one day I stumbled upon this book by Dr. Walker which from the onset made complete sense to me. I bought a juiceman juicer the next week (and it hasn't failed me since!) and began a regimen of fresh juice three times a day. Some amazing things began to progess over the next year:!
i) my acne not only completely disappeared, but I found myself having a very youthful, vibrant look. I looked better than I had ever in the past.
ii) I lost 15 pounds in one year and became a star on the softball field.
iii) I have not touched my reading glasses in the past 9 years.
In the words of Jack Lalane (who is older and more fit than 99.99% of all other Americans) "If man made it, I don't eat it".

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Vegetables and Fruit Juices, December 1, 2000
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
About this book by Dr. Norman Walker.
I fully accept the idea of nutrition, health, longevity and freedom from degenerative diseases as very much related to raw, live foods.. and that means vegetable juices. Dr. Walker explains the reasons over and over again in this book.
I bought and followed this when seeking relief of a prostate condition.. I want to sleep more.. yes.. acidic condition and all.
What I now know: Yes, in my case, at age 62, carrot juice has improved my eyesight, which I was not aiming at. I am now able to read telephone books and all fine print.. no glasses.
The combination carrot and asparragus seems great for kidneys and urinary tract problems. Walker is right on target! JL

5.0 out of 5 stars With Norman Walker, you can't go wrong, March 12, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
Norman Walker's books are among the definitive words in all of health. There are few authors that compare to Walker(Arnold Ehret being one of them). Walker died in 1985 and lived to be 109(some say 120, but it is 109)yrs old. This is the first raw-food book I bought and it did not let me down. This man knew what he was talking about: he saw autopsies performed and saw the filth in the body first hand. Get all of his books; you won't be let down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go Wrong..., March 27, 2004
Over 40 (The Mountains) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
I came across this book at GNC many years ago, and it turned me onto juicing, and trying to take better care of myself.
Unlike other books that deal with juicing and raw foodism, it isn't sensational, it is basic, and the juicing recipes can be used with items at your grocery store, not at a specialty health food store.
I recommend all of Dr. Walker's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fruit juices?, September 26, 2004
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
The title says fruit juices, but he hardly mentions them in this book! Well, i guess he preferred to eat them since they digest easier than veggies. He says enzymes can be preserved at any desired low temperature without loss, which i didn't know. He also says that the sprays and pesticides are retained in the fiber, not the juice! He says a lot of good things about raw goats milk, and apple cider vinegar. Also says that the sea & ocean are full of minerals, so you should take sea-salt, kelp, and dulse. And if you wanna eat flesh, choose fish! And take a look in the ailments list, he lists nymphomania! Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars On the right track, March 16, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
I was looking for a book to help me get on the right track to better eating for better health and Norman Walker is right on target. This book tells you the proper combinations for combining fruits and vegetables to reap the benefits of relief from whatever ails you (from acne to rheumatism and arthritis). One has to remember that healing doesn't happen over night but it does happen. My husband is a living testimony. Thanks to this book, I've been able to learn about the benefits of juicing and have gone on to read several other books by Norman Walker.
This book was truly a blessing to my family. Now I can help other people to get on the right track for a healthier lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can be your own Doctor, May 5, 2005
Michele M. Jarvey (Rincon, Puerto Rico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
This book has turned into my health bible. I have given this as a gift to many friends and family members. Use this as your guide to curing and fighting desease. You can feed your body the nutrients it needs to heal itself. I teach juicing and raw food preparation classes, this is one of the books that inspired me and I recomend it to all that attend my classes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure & Simple, July 1, 2006
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
It was suggest to me to buy this book when I purchased my first juicer. I love this book. I have read it over and over and enjoy the carrots with 1 stalk of celery juiced daily. I wish I could enjoy fresh juice during the day, but you can't juice at work! My skin, hair and overall health has improved since I started juicing. I took this one step further and bought his other book, Pure & Simple Natural Weight Control, which talks about juicing and raw foods. It give such insight of how the body digests food, and make you want to eat for nurishment. I recently read a article on raw food diet that names Mr. Walker and said he died at 118 from a accident. You won't be dissapointed with anything Mr. Walker has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr N. Walker, the REAL father of Juicing, April 29, 2009
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
"Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices" is the current abridged title for his original work from the mid=nineteen-thirties titled; "Raw Vegetable Juices:What's Missing In Your Body?"
This book is the cornerstone from which all subsequent books on juicing have built their texts. His clear explanation about what exactly is Juice Therapy and subsequent formulae designed for specific illnesses or condition are what make this THE exsential text to own for anyone who wishes to learn the correct understanding of tthe role of raw foods and esp. juices for the health of the body. No other text even comes close to the applied scientific approach given by Dr. Walker in his life's study and application of Raw Juice Therapy. His own life is the supremem example. Though his recommendations are extreme sounding for us: "Sell your stove and buy a juicer!", he lived a long life by practicing what he preached (some say well over 100 yrs old). I have used this book for 40 years to help myself a, family and friends. I have given away a dozen or more. Fascinating from first to last, THIS is THE book you MUST have if you are serious about juicing to help yourself and others. 'Nuff said!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the list of juice books, February 16, 2009
This review is from: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (Perfect Paperback)
This is actually the second copy of the this book. I bought this one for my daughter. I use mine all the time and the juice recipes really really work for whatever problem you may have.

Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices
Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices by Norman Wardhaugh Walker (Perfect Paperback - June 6, 1978)
$9.95 $6.63