5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Uplifting
Published 24 months ago by RC

3.0 out of 5 stars Bore me with some numbers please!
The first part of the film makes a great point about crop and livestock rotation. It's all about working with nature not trying to manipulate,circumvent or fool it. Even though I'm certain that large quantities of antibiotics and genetic bottlenecking are harmful for human consumption I still want to see numbers on yield differences between non organic and organic crops...
Published 21 months ago by nick

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Uplifting, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
Some documentaries about our food industry are just depressing and upsetting. This one shows intelligent educated farmers who have a legitimate plan for changing our food system. They provide good arguments for change and present facts to support what they are saying. What they are saying makes absolute sense and is inspiring. Instead of making you feel like a jerk for not throwing away everything in your kitchen and becoming vegan, they show how each of us can make small changes that can help bring about the changes that will lead to better farming, healthy eating and respect for animals. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must view if you value the health and vitality of yourself and your family., April 12, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
It is amazing to me that we have come to this. Having farmed or been a part of farming for much of my life (65 years) I was enlightened by this documentary. As a child we had our own chickens, sheep, hogs, and cows, not to mention a large vegetable garden every year. As a young married I lived on a four generation turkey farm. We also had cows, hogs, and the large vegetable garden. In my 30's I worked for a farrow to finish hog operation. You can see the trend. "Fresh" just substantiated everything I already knew and informed me of many things I didn't. I would urge anyone who hasn't seen this documentary to do so. I would further urge that we all educate ourselves to the poison we are putting into our bodies and that whenever possible we buy locally. Sustainable agriculture I believe and pray is the way of the future, which is our past full circle. It doesn't take a farmer or a farm background to understand the common sense logic of this film. Five stars may not do it justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Documentary, June 25, 2012
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
This is very inspirational. I was already switching my eating habits when I watched this documentary. It pushed me to completely switch over to organic and local foods. The pork farmer really was an eye opening with his story about almost dying from an unknown staph strain after getting gouge by one of this hogs. He took a huge step and eradicated his own herd. I think if some one can make that huge of an economic turn, I can definitely pay a few dollars more for my groceries. I have to drive further and make changes that are not as convenient, but it is really worth it knowing your making a difference with your wallet. I've gotten to know the farmers and it nice taking time out and just talking. We all need to really make this lifestyle change for the good of everyone and our communities. It gives you a bond with your community and it would be the death of the large corporation that prey on us for their greed. I've also taken up gardening which is very rewarding and relaxing. Make the switch and you will never look back or regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Information, February 21, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
While some of the movies out there shove suffering animals in your face from the get-go, this one gives you information on what is happening outside your mainstream grocery store products that you may not know is available to you.

You will see a small amount of what really happens to the animals who live their lives waiting to be food for you, but on the whole it instructs you on the other choices available to you. Very well made and palatable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
I really enjoyed this well done, inspiring movie. Being into a healthy lifestyle, I've seen a number of movies on healthy lifestyle issues. Most of them are poorly done, low budget flicks. Some promote a vegetarian, vegan lifestyle and I do not want that. This movie while obviously not a real high budget movie, promoted healthy food, how best to produce and market it, without pushing a vegan diet or a meat eating one for that matter. It's one of the best of its kind, which I really enjoyed and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars TIME WELL SPENT, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
I rated this film a 5 star because it made me think about MY behavior. I think THAT was the purpose of this film. It is a positive film that will appeal to many different parts of our society. It has a message for producers, consumers, entrepreneurs, young and old. We all have to eat. Because of marketing, most of us don't even know what real food is. This documentary identified who controls food production in this country (USA or Canada)ADM, Monsanto, Cargil. We have forgotten that we do have a choice. Our choice of what to buy will effect what is brought to market. BUY LOCAL NEED LESS GOOD MOVIE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Documentary, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
Anything with Joel Salatin is bound to be informative. Get an inside look on some of the best ways to sustainably farm as well as create a great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Viewing, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
A good overview of some progressive ideas in food production. Gives you lots to contemplate...especially where your next meal is coming from.

4.0 out of 5 stars Same battle, same topic, different view of an approach, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
Although I did like this movie, I have seen better.
If you are someone who watches films on these sort of topics often then this will be nothing new and maybe just a little bit different of an approach as far as how to 'fix' the problem. If however, you are just giving this sort of genre a try, then I would recommend it if you're just dipping your toes in the water.
This movie shares just enough information to keep people's attention, offer a true perspective on our poor agricultural and live stock practices and shows a good deal of b-role and interviews to not gross out or intimedate the audience from not watching the full movie but to get an idea.
Bottom line, give this some thought: YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT! Ignorance to the harmful chemicals and genetically altered food that we grow then feed to live stock and to ourselves is a poor excuse to being a part of this cycle. Educate yourself, watch this movie and others like it and change the demand so healthier and better practices are in place for our future generations and the plants and animals in which we rely so much on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightfully Insightful, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Fresh (Amazon Instant Video)
Fresh was delightfully insightful, I'm glad it's a documentary that glorified sustainable farming by concentrating on the stories of the farmers that have successfully done so. I think other documentaries that have disgusting shock value of how industrialized farming is reach out to our guts, but Fresh leaves us enthusiastic and optimistic about eating more veggies and supporting local sustainable farming. Fresh leaves us feeling empowered, like YES!!! We can try growing some of our own food and if we can support enough local farmers, one day quality food will be more affordable once again.

Fresh