5.0 out of 5 stars Performance sock - aptly named!
Published on January 30, 2012 by Jenn

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits but is of low quality
I bought these to wear in my skeletoes. They fit well inside the shoes but after wearing them twice they started falling apart. Definitely not worth the amount of money they charge for them.
Published on November 10, 2011 by Jenn Regg

5.0 out of 5 stars Performance sock - aptly named!, January 30, 2012
Jenn "Jenn" (AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: FreshGear Men's / Women's AFX Toe Socks No Show (Apparel)
I bought five pairs of these "No Show" style socks for 11.99 each (pricey) and have worn them daily since October 20, 2011 (3 months as of this writing). All four pairs of my Vibram Five Fingers shoes were new and I wanted to protect them from what another reviewer calls the "Five Finger Funk" : ) These socks did it for me! All four pair of my VFF shoes smell like new after 3 months. Love these socks!!

Material
They are thin and while they haven't shown wear, I recommend being really careful about keeping toenails short and smooth or the socks look like they might get holes. No signs of wear for me yet though and I have worn the socks in my VFF shoes for 3 months using them for everyday wear, hiking, walking miles on pavement, road, jogging, treadmill, gym, etc. I do hand wash them(see Care below).

I thought being so thin the material might be abrasive to my skin, but it isn't. It is "gentle on the skin" just like the manufacturer claims. (Info found at permara.com/fresh-gear). They are very comfortable.

My ONLY complaint (besides being pricey) is the round elastic at the top edge of the sock leaves quite an indentation on my foot. When new I found it a bit uncomfortable but with time the elastic seems to have loosened just enough that I don't notice it anymore. However, for those of you who may have sensitive skin, a rounder/larger foot, or edema, you might find this uncomfortable or downright painful.

Care
These puppies are so expensive that I decided to hand wash them. The antimicrobial properties have to be "recharged" according to the manufacturer by using chlorine bleach. (Info found at permara.com/technology). I bought a bottle of Clorox Bleach and since I didn't want any bleach mishaps decided to transfer a small amount into a large dropper bottle that I now keep under the bathroom sink where I wash the socks. I wait until I have three pair to wash and plunk them into a sink of warm slightly sudsy water (I use a few squirts of castile from the dispenser we wash our hands with at the bathroom sink) with two dropper-fulls (1 tablespoon) of bleach, soak the socks while I'm taking a shower, then hand wash the socks by squishing them (no rubbing), squeeze them (versus wring) and hang to dry. The time/trouble to hand wash isn't really the big a deal I thought it would be and perhaps has paid off in keeping these pricey socks like new as they show absolutely no signs of wear at this point.

Fit
I wear a women's 8 1/2 - 9 shoe, have a wide foot, and the M/L fits as if the manufacturer made them just for me! I'm buying five more pair so when I travel I can wait until I get home to wash them.

This performance sock is performing for me!

May 2012 Edit:
Bought hubby Vibram Five Fingers and he tried on my socks (the M/L) and they fit his huge feet. He says they're snug but not uncomfortable. So far no sign of wear from his use but he's not overly hard on clothing/socks etc. He wears an 11 1/2 shoe size and Five Finger size 45 in the Komodo Sport)

Wear added note: I put some long, hard, hot and sweaty miles on my most worn pair of these socks and very little signs of wear occurred on the inside under the heel area. Still a fan of these socks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my fivefingers!, August 12, 2011
This review is from: FreshGear Men's / Women's AFX Toe Socks No Show (Apparel)
I ordered these to wear with my Vibram Fivefingers Jaya and Jaya LR styles because I wanted something that would be completely no-show with these styles that other brands were not offering. They are super thin and fit perfect and are totally no show. They work beautifully with my Five's (and regular shoes) and have 3 pair so I can rotate and handwash them in between wears (they dry fast). I have never had a problem with athlete's food, but I do with smell =(

They arrived quickly and ordering was a breeze (love Amazon!)

I would definitely recommend these to anyone with fivefinger shoes that maybe have a problem with odor going sockless for long periods of time.

If you are a fivefingers enthusiast, check out (birthdayshoes (dot) com)!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits but is of low quality, November 10, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but for how long???, November 24, 2011
Duke Tang (sugar land, tx) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FreshGear Men's / Women's AFX Toe Socks No Show (Apparel)
After two washings, the threads around the toe area started to undo themselves. Because I just got them, and the fact that they are really expensive for being just a pair of socks, a little bit of cutting and sewing was needed to be done or else they'll soon fall into pieces. I also have to put them on veeerrrryy delicately because it seems that any display of force will rip the fragile socks to pieces too. I'm not sure why only one other reviewer mentioned that these toe socks were of low quality... because they really are! I would recommend only if you do not know any higher quality no show toe socks. And if you do know, leave me a comment!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a no show sock for mocs, boat shoes, or loafers., March 16, 2012
This sock is only no show for athletic shoes. It comes up higher than pictured and showed when I tried it on with boatshoes, loafers and moccasins, thereby defeating the purpose of ordering this sock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Combo for socks and my skeletoe shoes, September 12, 2011
Mikel (Oklahoma City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FreshGear Men's / Women's AFX Toe Socks No Show (Apparel)
I ordered these specifically for my skeletoes and they work well with the structure of the shoes. i have no complaints! Oh, and in case someone other than me didnt see in the item description, but this DOES come as a pair, even though not clearly labeled.

3.0 out of 5 stars Work well with vibrams, but low quality, November 23, 2011
This review is from: FreshGear Men's / Women's AFX Toe Socks No Show (Apparel)
These are nice and work well with the vibrams. The only thing is the heel part of the sock always comes off when I'm walking, so that it goes under the arch of my foot. I have to constantly pull the sock back up over my heel. The stitches around the toes have started to come off. Also the stitch of the outer edge around the ankle came apart, the socks were not even a week old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Note: these socks are 100% cotton, October 1, 2011
This review is from: FreshGear Men's / Women's AFX Toe Socks No Show (Apparel)
I just received these FreshGear socks, and I wanted to point out to prospective buyers that they are 100% cotton. This detail might be important to folks who are thinking about running in these socks. And I can now understand the reviewers who were disappointed about getting holes in the toe pockets so early in the lifecycle of the socks - when I tried to put my Vibrams on over the socks, it was a pretty tight squeeze to get my toes into the shoes. As a result, there's some pretty good pushing required to get toes all the way in, and I can imagine that the toe area of the socks gets some undue stress in the process. The socks do seem comfortable and will provide just a little bit of extra cushioning (as well as warmth when running in chilly weather), and I am anxious to take them for a test run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Vibrams, September 5, 2011
This review is from: FreshGear Men's / Women's AFX Toe Socks No Show (Apparel)
I bought these for my Bikilias, and they are perfect! They fit so much better than other toe socks I've tried! Definitely a must have if you have Vibrams, but don't want your socks to show.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE WE NEED BEIGE AND BLACK, October 5, 2011
This review is from: FreshGear Men's / Women's AFX Toe Socks No Show (Apparel)
These are very comfortable and well made. At least they don't come up around ankle. I have one toe that has started going under next toe (from years of shoes) and it gets painful as I'm on MY feet all day. These make my feet feel so much better ALL DAY. I wear the higher toe socks at night as I hope I can train toes to spread back to "as God created me" and not have to wear toe socks all the time!! Need more colors.