Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Freshware CB-105RD 12-Cavity Petite Silicone Mold for Soap, Bread, Loaf, Muffin, Brownie, Cornbread, Cheesecake, Pudding, and More
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 2, 2012
I bought this mold to make soap with and it works great. I've been making soap for about 10 years now and my old molds were a plastic which worked okay but every once in a while a batch would stick and wouldn't come out which was aggravating. After so many years the plastic molds became brittle and started breaking so I decided to try the silicone one for soap bars. It works great! The bars are slightly smaller than my previous mold but they are a good bath bar size for everyday use. It was so unbelievably easy to flip them out of this mold, just turn it over and pop the bars right out, no more struggling. If you are going to use them for soap, I did a batch using 20 ounces of oils and about 6-8 ounces of lye, it did not fill all the cavities fully, probably would hold about another 4 ounces to fill completely. I would definitely recommend for soap making.
2626 comments| 292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2011
I am a handcrafted soapmaker and I purchased two of these molds. Each holds about 3 lbs of soap. The price is amazingly low and the ease in unmolding my soap makes these loaf pans one of the best purchases I have made. I highly recommend this product.
1010 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this for making soaps, and it makes a really cute 3 oz bar(by weight), with a beautiful glossy finish. If using clear M&P base with an aqua dye, the clarity almost look like swimming pool water!

The size is bigger than a guest bar, smaller than a bath bar--but a great size for gifts or samples!
33 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2013
Ok I realize that the pan is intended for making bread or cake but I wanted it to make soap. Overall the quality of the product is very good. Its easy to use and easy to clean. The only kinda bad thing I have to say is that for making soap the top of the mold is wider than the bottom and it makes for a strange shape in the final product. I know its not fair to say because the making did not intend it for soap making. I just wanted to let other soap makers know that you wont get a perfectly rectangle shape for the soap. Other than that one issue, it works great.
44 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Like others, I bought this to use as a soap mold. And it works great! My soap is releasing in half the time of other molds, and the interior surface produces a beautiful glossy finish.

I'm filling up about 1/3 of the way, adding embeds, and then cutting them into horizontal bars that are about 1.25" thick. That takes 1 lb of clear soap + embeds. (I'm attaching pictures to the product page).

I'm very happy with this one, and have already ordered other sizes!
review image review image
1212 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2011
This item shipped fast, and came just as described, I use it to make soap loafs in, works incredibly!
I truly like the ease of use with this product, the easy clean up and how simple it is to get my soap loafs out of this mold!
on June 14, 2012
I ordered two of these to make bar soap. They worked beautifully. I would recommend them for anyone using them for that purpose. I oiled them first out of habit and they make beautiful bars. No issues getting the soap out of the mold. Just make sure you have something solid to put it on before you fill it if you plan to move the mold while your stuff is setting. I used plywood.
on January 28, 2013
Bought this for making soap/body-butter-bars, and it works perfectly! Definitely worth the money, easy to clean, and folds for storage!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 24, 2013
Style Name: Large|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I bake pound cake in a metal pan, the outside edges of the loaf always comes out a little too brown. But burned edges are not a problem with this silicone pan. The sides came out all golden and the center is cooked through and through. This is a wonderful alternative to old metal pans.

Observations:

* The pan is advertised as 12-1/2 inches, but that is the size of the pan including the lip/handle around the edge. The inside dimensions are 11 inches by 4-1/4 inches.

* The pan is longer and thinner than my other loaf pans, but I think the shape allows more even cooking. If a loaf pan is too wide, the center is undercooked while the sides are overcooked. (See attached picture.)

* The maximum volume of the pan is 6 cups. Use 4 or 5 cups of batter when baking.

* The center of one side the pan is slightly bowed when compared to the edge. The difference is about 3/8 of an inch. This is not a problem with baked items, but if making soap it might be an issue. (See attached picture.)

* The silicon pan can be placed directly on the oven's wire rack. No need to place it on a cookie sheet. The pan held its shape and didn't twist, bend or bow when I held it by the edges and slid it into the oven.

* According to the "Owner's Manual" you must grease the pan to keep the baked items from sticking. I greased thoroughly and the cake popped out easily with only had a tiny bit of sticking.

So all-in-all a great pan. From now on this will be the only pan I use when baking pound cake.
review image review image
on April 19, 2013
I guess I didn't read reviews and just saw stars thinking this is good for brownies! But no. It stuck and so hard to clean on the corners. (I baked with 3 times but, all of them came out the same way...) I will go back to Pyrax glass pan.
review image