Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on January 2, 2012
I bought this mold to make soap with and it works great. I've been making soap for about 10 years now and my old molds were a plastic which worked okay but every once in a while a batch would stick and wouldn't come out which was aggravating. After so many years the plastic molds became brittle and started breaking so I decided to try the silicone one for soap bars. It works great! The bars are slightly smaller than my previous mold but they are a good bath bar size for everyday use. It was so unbelievably easy to flip them out of this mold, just turn it over and pop the bars right out, no more struggling. If you are going to use them for soap, I did a batch using 20 ounces of oils and about 6-8 ounces of lye, it did not fill all the cavities fully, probably would hold about another 4 ounces to fill completely. I would definitely recommend for soap making.
2323 comments286 of 290 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2011
I am a handcrafted soapmaker and I purchased two of these molds. Each holds about 3 lbs of soap. The price is amazingly low and the ease in unmolding my soap makes these loaf pans one of the best purchases I have made. I highly recommend this product.
1010 comments160 of 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this for making soaps, and it makes a really cute 3 oz bar(by weight), with a beautiful glossy finish. If using clear M&P base with an aqua dye, the clarity almost look like swimming pool water!

The size is bigger than a guest bar, smaller than a bath bar--but a great size for gifts or samples!
33 comments114 of 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2013
Ok I realize that the pan is intended for making bread or cake but I wanted it to make soap. Overall the quality of the product is very good. Its easy to use and easy to clean. The only kinda bad thing I have to say is that for making soap the top of the mold is wider than the bottom and it makes for a strange shape in the final product. I know its not fair to say because the making did not intend it for soap making. I just wanted to let other soap makers know that you wont get a perfectly rectangle shape for the soap. Other than that one issue, it works great.
44 comments104 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Like others, I bought this to use as a soap mold. And it works great! My soap is releasing in half the time of other molds, and the interior surface produces a beautiful glossy finish.

I'm filling up about 1/3 of the way, adding embeds, and then cutting them into horizontal bars that are about 1.25" thick. That takes 1 lb of clear soap + embeds. (I'm attaching pictures to the product page).

I'm very happy with this one, and have already ordered other sizes!
review image review image
1212 comments98 of 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2011
This item shipped fast, and came just as described, I use it to make soap loafs in, works incredibly!
I truly like the ease of use with this product, the easy clean up and how simple it is to get my soap loafs out of this mold!
11 comment55 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2012
I ordered two of these to make bar soap. They worked beautifully. I would recommend them for anyone using them for that purpose. I oiled them first out of habit and they make beautiful bars. No issues getting the soap out of the mold. Just make sure you have something solid to put it on before you fill it if you plan to move the mold while your stuff is setting. I used plywood.
0Comment69 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2013
Bought this for making soap/body-butter-bars, and it works perfectly! Definitely worth the money, easy to clean, and folds for storage!
11 comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2013
I used this to make soap & it makes a hefty size bars. The release is great & easy to clean. I would recommend to anyone that wants to make a hefty size bar of soap.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2012
I am using this mold for soap making. It works great in that the soap pushes right out of the mold and doesn't need to be insulated. The bars are about 3 oz. my only complaint is the rounded edges and tapered sides. I would rather have a perfectly square bar, but for now these work great.
11 comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse