5.0 out of 5 stars Used for tiny chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies
Published on August 31, 2012 by Texaswomyn

Published on November 17, 2011 by Greg V

1.0 out of 5 stars For macarons, buy the exopat or silpat silicon baking sheet instead, November 17, 2011
This review is from: Freshware CB-116RD 30-Cavity Silicone Mini Round Cookie, Chocolate, Candy and Gummy Mold (Kitchen)
I bought this hoping to save time in piping perfectly round macarons but this thing doesn't work. The top layer came out crisp but when lifted, the inside was completely unbaked. I followed the instructions to grease before using but it didn't help actually cook the macarons. I've tried two different recipes and both came out bad in this. I'll stick with the exopat baking sheet next time. Matfer 321005 Exopat 11-5/8-by-16-3/8-Inch Nonstick Baking Mat

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 20, 2011
Veronica Lopez (SAN ANTONIO, TX, US) - See all my reviews
The shape of the silicone mat is not what I expected it to be. The end-product of the macaron is totally not what it is supposed to look, taste, and bake. My chocolate macarons ended up looking and tasting more like miniature brownies. I would not recommend this product for what it is listed as. It is a waste of money, time and effort.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Macarons, December 27, 2011
I tried using this yesterday for my batch of Macarons and they turned out way too cakey. Macarons must have flat bottoms to make sandwiches. Not recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars this will not work, January 4, 2012
as someone who is pretty experienced making macarons, this will absolutely not work for making them. this is probably a good product for other baked goods or candies etc., but i guarantee you cannot effectively make a macron with this. you must use a silpat/silicone sheet or parchment paper to get the correct bottom surface tension only, and to allow the top shell to crisp and air to get out/in the bottom side edges to develop the foot.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR MACARONS!!!! whoopie pies yes., January 15, 2012
So this silicon baking mat may be great for "muffin tops" or mini whoopie pies, but NOT for macarons, let me emphasize NOT!!! don't waste your money or time. Macarons do bake nicely on a silicon mat but a flat one. This just doesn't make any sense to me at all, you would think that a baking company would know better.

1.0 out of 5 stars No way to make macarons with this pan, February 24, 2012
I fell in love with making macarons recently and found it too hard to draw perfect shaped circles with the icing bag and icing pan. So my previous macarons are not good. I could not even found a two same sized matching macarons to make pairs. So I bought this pan since I thought it would be easier to just fill in the circles they have. But this pan disappointed me even more. This pan has a narrower bottom and it is too deep so macarons are not able to pop up in this pan. All my macrons turned out to be really bad'' So I returned this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for tiny chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies, August 31, 2012
I try to be careful and read the cup dimensions when I order a pan, particularly these silicone pans, as there have been so many reviews (negative) about their size. Still I wasn't prepared for this to be a small as it is. Nonetheless, I baked chocolate chip cookies (made with the mini chips) and peanut butter cookies in it, and I have to say, it's delightful. Not only did it work wonderfully (I followed the included directions, brushing the cups once with melted butter and baking on a cookie sheet) and all the cookies popped out without sticking, and they are a perfect size to pop into your mouth. One bite. These were not for any special occasion, but I think they would be adorable dipped in chocolate for a more decorative presentation.

So I am glad I got this pan. I don't expect to make mararons because though they look pretty the recipes don't sound all that good to me, but I see lots of tiny cookies and brownie bites coming from this pan. The next time the price drops, I'll be buying a second.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't like it !, December 7, 2011
Maybe I don't have the good way to used it but it's not at all made some french macaron. The dough stick and the shape is not right at all ! I'm french and I don't like it !

1.0 out of 5 stars MACARON MOLD., July 5, 2011
HI, I JUST BOUGHT THE MACARON MOLD AND DID NOT WORK, THIS MOLD IS NOT FOR MACARONS, THEY CAME SO STICKY THAT THEY LOOK LIKE CUPCAKES, DONT BUY IT FOR MACARONS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silicone molds for soap, October 14, 2013
These little shapes are perfect for sample soaps of larger batches. So cute. Great for making kid's cream sandwich cookie soap too with some lemon and vanilla fragrance. Hmmmm.