Published on July 4, 2011 by Son Goku

3.0 out of 5 stars Now you know
My wife is allergic/sensitive to nickel, copper and a lot of other metals, the exceptions being silver/platinum/gold. I bought these earrings thinking that they would be pure sterling silver, alas it is not the case. If you have sensitivities avoid these, if not then buy them because they are beautiful and seem to be well made. You also can't beat the price.
Published on August 26, 2011 by Muvhimi

3.0 out of 5 stars Now you know, August 26, 2011
Muvhimi (Albuquerque) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Freshwater Cultured Pearl Button Earrings (6.5-7mm) (Jewelry)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for sensitive ears, January 12, 2012
These earrings are cute and worth the money if your ears can tolerate them. I can't wear cheap earrings- only sterling silver or gold. These say they are sterling, but I was in pain within minutes of putting them in. I can't even tolerate them for a couple of hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look nicer than shown, but gift box is significantly different, July 4, 2011
Son Goku (Somewhere on Earth) - See all my reviews
I got these for my daughter. They came in an oversized black gift box with a white foam insert. The earrings were not attached to a card as shown. Despite the difference in the packaging (very important for gift giving) the earrings were actually better than shown. The pearls were nearly round except slightly flattened at the back where the post is inserted. I can't quite figure out how the back of the pearl is slightly flattened while the rest of it is very round. Despite these, they are very beautiful and a great bargain. My daughter LOVES them, they really made her smile. I wish I had bought a pair for myself as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, February 11, 2013
They looked pretty good when I bought them, but they broke the second time I wore them. Also, I bought them because they were sterling silver and I have never had any issue with sterling silver before but these earrings irritated my ears.

1.0 out of 5 stars INFECTED EARS, February 1, 2013
I bought two pairs of these. The first pair were great. They were durable, stayed on everyday for months-mind you I slept with then on every night- and did not hurt my ears at all. I bought a new pair because I lost one side. I can only wear silver or gold, this second pair couldn't have been real silver if they made my ears swell and get very infected. My ears are terrible right now because of these, it's disgusting.

Also, when I went to remove them the pearls came right off the posts! BOTH sides! OMG. These are really terrible. Maybe it's just the pair I bought. Never ordering these again.

It's disappointing because I loved the first pair I got.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Value., February 22, 2013
I purchased these for my 12 year old daughter for Christmas. The pearl has already detached itself from the base!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not REAL Sterling Silver, Fell Apart on Day 1, September 7, 2012
I used to have a pair of amazon curated collection pearl earrings, and they were fine, but I lost one. With this pair, one pearl fell off of the post within one day of wearing them. Also, like other reviews have noted, the posts are absolutely not sterling silver. I can wear sterling earrings for days and days without a problem, but with these my ears were red and irritated and swollen within one hour of wearing them. Pay a bit more for real sterling earrings. Amazon should change the description as they are definitely not sterling silver. It's too bad that the ones I bought previously were of a good quality and these are not :o/

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my Daughter, November 12, 2011
These were purchased as a birthday day gift for my 13 yr. old daughter.

The packaging was not "gift" quality, should I be giving to someone with particular tastes, just be aware. I drop a 1/2 point for the packaging, and rounding forces me to 4.

My daughter just asked if they were real pearls, which they are. She wears these a lot, and is proud to the good looks, and understated class these bring to her outfits. I will say, that my daughter is quite fashionable, but very modest, so these pearls are right up her alley.

I am very comfortable with these being every day use, as the price was modest, and the look tasteful

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT REAL SILVER!!! INFECTION AND DISAPPOINTMENT :(, July 6, 2014
I was very excited about these, I can only wear real silver or gold as my ears are very sensitive. It said sterling silver on the order. My ears were infected two days later and can't wear these. What a shame! I wish I had read the reviews before buying them. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Falsely advertised, fell apart on only 2nd wear, June 12, 2014
I got these as a gift for my sister. They look pretty, but the quality is very bad. They broke the 2nd time she wore them (3 days after she got them). The pearl detached from the post. BEWARE: pictures of the earrings are incorrect. There is NOT a sliver backing behind the pearl to help secure it. The pearl was only attached by a small drill hole with the sharp post sticking in it.

Don't purchase these earrings. There are many other options for pearl earrings around $10.

White Freshwater Cultured Pearl Button Earrings (6.5-7mm)
$15.00 $9.71