Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pearl Freshwater Cultured Black Necklace Strand 6-7mm 18"
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 20, 2011
I bought this for my mom for a Christmas gift. She of course, is a mom and easy to please, but she did say that she likes the necklace. One thing she mentioned, which I thought was interesting, was that she likes how easy the clasp is to do and undo. I never thought about that feature in a necklace, but for older ladies, it seems like a good one! She likes that she can put it on herself and not bug my dad to do it...I rated it 4 instead of 5 because I never actually saw the piece, had it sent along to mom (out of state) directly from Amazon.
on December 31, 2010
These are a great value, beautiful, seem sturdy, and are otherwise exactly as described. The only problem is that they are dark blue, dark purple, and dark grey... not black.
on January 20, 2016
I'm rating these a five because they are a great casual/classy item for all of $13! The clasp is a cute little heart toggle. It's clearly not sterling (not that this is even implied by the advertisement). For those of you handy with a pair of jewelry pliers, you could change out the toggle for sterling one and have a very nice gift. The toggle is very easy for those of us without as much dexterity as we used to have. I would describe these as dark peacock pearls. The photo is a good reflection of size variation and blemishes. I wear a lot of black and and grey so these will be worn often. They came in a standard silver cardboard jewelry box, so carefully peel off the labels, add a bow, and you're ready to impress that special someone.
on December 6, 2011
This necklace is absolutely beautiful, but the color is SO off. It is more like a steel blueish grey, definitely NOWHERE near black. It's not even really dark enough to pass as "black." I bought them at the same time as some black pearl earrings, intending for them to go together, but there's no way because the colors are way too off. I'm thinking about sending this back, since it doesn't match, but I'm still undecided.
on July 29, 2013
Just what it says it is, but let me tell you that the pearls are a very rich color and look very elegant. 18" is my preferred necklace length. I just happen to have a bracelet and ring that match this necklace perfectly. Can't wait for next big evening out, as this necklace is sure to impress!
on April 6, 2013
Ordered a couple of different pearl related items with this, but this turned out to be the best one. Pearls are near perfect and all are round (not button or baroque), color is very consistent and looks steel-like, no flat sides to the pearls, no die blemishes, pearls themselves have some character marks but all you have to look closely at to see, necklace has an expensive heavy feel to it, pearls are woven on the string perfect (not too loose, not too tight), clasp looks very nice, totally worth the money, so far so good.
on June 18, 2013
This is very pretty for what it is. Don't except to get AAA akoya pearls for dirt cheap. It is something you can wear everyday, or give to a little girl as her first set of pearls. I would recommend it just for that. It is a little darker than what you see, but still looks nice and it has a nice shine to it.
on December 16, 2011
After reading the other reviews I realized that this would be more of a peacock color than true black but I was fine with that since I was trying to match other peacock pearls. However this didn't even have a variety of colors in it. The pearls are all quite uniformly grey so this piece doesn't match the set I was adding it to at all and it looks pretty bland.
on August 20, 2012
This pearl necklace is pretty, with uniformly round, evenly-sized, heavy, grey-colored pearls. The pearls have very slight peacock tones, but no way would I call the pearls "black." Dove-grey would be an accurate description of the ones I received. However, for the price, this is a very nice necklace, and I like the closure device. For $15, as long as you really don't want black pearls, you can't go wrong with this one.
on December 20, 2011
The description claims that the pearls are 'round', 'very-lightly-blemished', and 'black'. I've bought a lot of pearls from Fire Mountain Gems, and I would call these 'potato' (and not barely potato, either--seriously oblong), 'some-major-blemishes' (in terms of the letter rating system (AA, A, B, etc.) I would call them C/D), and 'grey peacock'. I'd return it, but it was cheap enough that it's not worth taking the effort to mail it back (especially with having to pay for return shipping). I like the clasp, and I figure I can take it apart, strip out the more seriously-blemished pearls, and incorporate the rest into some other necklace. But if I had really wanted C/D-quality grey peacock potato pearls, I would have just bought them from Fire Mountain Gems in the first place.