Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Style Name: 10-Inch 60 Tooth ATB Thin Kerf Miter Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor and PermaShield Coating|Change

on June 20, 2000
This blade has made me decide to keep my Radial Arm Saw instead of selling it. The negative hook made such a huge difference in reducing climb cutting that I wondered if it were too good to be true. The finish on the cut is glass smooth. If you have a radial arm or a sliding miter saw give this blade a try.
on April 27, 2011
I purchased this Freud Industrial class blade from Amazon for use in my Ridgid sliding compound miter saw some time back, and it has worked in a championship way. It cuts clean, although it is no speed demon, and one thing it can do well is cut shallow dado grooves with no tear out. I did this when cutting 45-degree angle embellishments on two picture frames I recently built. Standard crosscuts are very clean as well.

I recently purchased a Freud Diablo class D1280X (Diablo is Freud's mid-level line), also from Amazon, and found that in some ways it equaled and even surpassed the LU91. (I reviewed the D1280X blade on Amazon, too.) For one thing, in spite of having more teeth (80 vs 72), it cuts faster. This is because instead of a negative hook angle it has a slightly positive one. The positive hook allows the blade to lift sawdust into the dust port at the back of the saw. (Sliding miter saws are not particularly good at scavenging dust, so I modified the saw by installing a removable dust scoop under the port to facilitate the scavenging process.)

The negative hook of the LU91 is its one weak point, although it was designed that way to perform a safty action. Negative hook angles are utilized in order to keep the back of the blade from lifing the workpiece and thereby endangering the operator. However, if the saw is aligned properly and the workpiece is held decently tight (or, better yet, clamped), lift is just not a big deal. I have never had a workpiece lift in a miter saw, with any blade. The negative hook of the LU91, its safty factor notwithstanding, tends to fling sawdust straight back, UNDER the dust port, thereby building up a lot of dust on the saw. Even the best dust port would be unable to deal with this artifact.

So, while the blade cuts well, and probably slightly surpasses the D1280X (which costs only a bit more than half as much), the user does need to understand that the back of the saw (and maybe the shop area behind the saw if used indoors) may become a bit dusty.

Every blade offers advantages and disadvantages, and the choices involve tradeoffs.

In any case, I recommend this blade, but only for precision work that requires a bit more finesse than what the cheaper Freud Diablo D1280X can deliver.

Howard Ferstler (husband of Debra Ferstler)
1010 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2006
The LU91R012 is a very good all around trim blade for all soft and hard wood trim. It works especially well with sliding miter saws. The thin kerf is a must for fine trim cuts and I wouldn't buy a blade without a perma-shield coating. I've been building custom homes for 25yrs. and know saw blades.
on February 12, 2009
I use this blade on a Dewalt 709 Compound Sliding Miter Saw. I purchased it based on reviews on other woodworking sites and while there were others rated higher, it was hard to justify the dramatic increased price of the Forest or even other Freud blade. I have had a Freud 10" combination blade in my tablesaw and have used a Freud 8" stack dado set for about 10 years and have had absolutely nothing but good experiences with both. This 12" cutoff blade is such a treat, especially after wearing out the original DeWalt blade on a deck, a complete refinish of a basement and installing hardwood flooring on one floor of a house. I thought about just getting the blade sharpened but there was almost nothing left to sharpen. The Freud blade is so quiet and cuts so smoothly that there have been times I've had to check to see if I really did shave a little off the board or missed completely. Heartily recommend this blade for CSMS users.
on July 10, 2002
I put this blade on my Craftsman radial arm saw and it completely
changed the way I feel about that saw. Now the thing cuts
like a hot knife through butter. The cross cuts leave end
grain so smooth you'd swear you were feeling a sanded surface
with the grain. Ok, maybe not that smooth, but still, pretty
darn smooth. I haven't tried any other fancy or expensive
blades, but this blade put my old cross cutting blades to
shame. Highly recommended.
on April 17, 2011
Cheaper than the red coated version, and seems to work just as well.

Very smooth cuts and no climbing the wood being cut by my ancient Craftsman radial arm saw. Rather quiet, and thin kerf gives smooth running and almost no motor slowdown under load.

Good price and free shipping from Amazon.
on February 24, 2010
I wish they made a blade with a standard kerf. I prefer the stiffness of the thicker blade. it allows for a smoother and slightly more accurate cut. This blade is better than the standard blade that came with my DeWalt Miter Saw. It's also better than a DeWalt I purchased with more teeth.
on December 15, 2012
This is a great blade but if you own the new bosch 12" mitre saw with zero clearance this blade is only 300mm not 12" as advertised. The blade measures about 11 3/4" and when cross cutting will sometimes leave a small amount of wood and does not cut all the way thru. Bosch owns Freud so you would think they would know of this problem but I have spoke to both companies and they are now aware of this problem. Replaced with an AEG from Amana and these blades measure a full 12" and work great. I have been in the cabinet busiess for over 40 years.
on March 2, 2006
I've had a Freud ripping blade on my table saw for quite a while and have been impressed. So when I got tired of the raw cuts from my SCMS (that's Sliding Compound Mitre Saw) I bought the Freud LU91M010 60 tooth blade on and it cuts like butter. No tear out and glides across the board. I upgraded from some 40 tooth dewalt crosscut blade that was probably more suited for construction. (...)it is a pretty good deal compared to the forest. I didn't get the teflon version because every one complains that it doesn't do anything but put read paint on your wood.
on May 1, 2012
purchased this blade to use in my 1959 dewalt925 radial arm saw , and i am very pleased with the quality of cuts i get from this blade it really works great on hard and soft woods and leaves a glass finish on the cuts and without breaking the bank.

See 1 answered question