5.0 out of 5 stars best design
Pros:
+metal
+compact
+non-slip
+swivels (makes it easy to look for a tie)
+holds 24 ties (it's not that hard, unless one has arthritis)
+2 hooks on bottom for belts, etc.
+inexpensive

Cons: none

i've tried other tie racks, this is the best.
don't bother with the battery powered rotating ones. they're cheap...
Published on January 20, 2010 by Dead Cow

3.0 out of 5 stars Friction good, design & arrangement poor
The ties or belts will not slip off.
However, getting them on and off is a pain, as the rungs are too close together, and it is virtually impossible to fully load up this hanger with ties.

I recommend getting a different style hanger.
Published on December 21, 2009 by DaveClarkVibe

5.0 out of 5 stars best design, January 20, 2010
This review is from: Friction Tie Rack and Scarf Hanger - Non-slip (1) (Housewares)
Pros:
+metal
+compact
+non-slip
+swivels (makes it easy to look for a tie)
+holds 24 ties (it's not that hard, unless one has arthritis)
+2 hooks on bottom for belts, etc.
+inexpensive

Cons: none

i've tried other tie racks, this is the best.
don't bother with the battery powered rotating ones. they're cheap plastic and break.
don't bother with the hanger/spread out style. it's hard to see the ties in the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Gadget, March 26, 2006
Thoughful Consumer (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This little thing works great. I already owned a circular tie holder, but over the years I had accumulated so many ties that they started falling off. I read the reviews and decided to buy this one to help me organize my ties. I was very pleased with it. In fact, I'm buying a second one and plan to get rid of the circular tie rack since this one works so much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Friction good, design & arrangement poor, December 21, 2009
DaveClarkVibe (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
The ties or belts will not slip off.

I recommend getting a different style hanger.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tie rack, August 3, 2006
My husband has so many ties, and he was hanging them all on different hangers, and they would fall all over the place, and he could never find the one he wanted. So I got online to find him a simple rack to keep all his ties in one place, but I didn't need anything with lights or a motor to rotate it. This has been great- simple, meets the purpose, he can now keep all his ties in one place and they don't fall off! Now I can use all the hangers this tie rack frees up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for His & Hers, October 9, 2009
Holds my husbands ties on one side and belts/hat on the other, while in my closet it holds all my scarves neatly so I can still see them. :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Tie/Scarf Hanger, January 29, 2010
I bought this hoping to use it to hang up all of my scarves. Unfortunately, it just won't work in that capacity. The hooks are not long enough or spaced far enough apart for that. I gave this item three stars because I believe it would probably work well for ties, but my husband is a firefighter and so doesn't wear them. Don't buy this if you're looking to hang up scarves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little awkward, November 9, 2006
WGMommy (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this tie rack for my husband. He previously used an electric rotating tie rack. The product looks and is exactly as described, but you have to lift up the top ties to get to ties on lower rungs so it is a little awkward. However, for the price it is a good deal. Also, the ties do not fall off like they would on a coat hanger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best!!!, April 23, 2006
This friction tie rack which holds 24 ties, is simply
THE BEST!!! Purchased six of these to share with friends.
You won't be disappointed! Stylish,functional, it works and works well !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tie rack that works well, September 29, 2011
This rack holds 24 ties neatly and the non slip surface holds firmly without creasing them. It is easy to find the tie you want and the rack rotates to save space then can be turned to better view the ties.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good grip for ties. Hook spins 360 degrees and lets you see and sort ties with ease., December 31, 2013
It gets the job done. The black surface will make sure nothing slips. I tried hanging my tie with less than 15% of the length on one side, and the tie still held up. The hanging hook is flexible and turns 360 degrees so you can hold it up with your finger and just spin the thing to scan all the different ties in your closet.

Friction Tie Rack and Scarf Hanger - Non-slip (1)
$5.58