More About the Author
Vicente Wolf has been at the top of the Manhattan design industry for over 35 years. From the spacious light-filled loft in New York City where his company is headquartered, Wolf and his team build on his passion for design that's guided by integrity and simplicity. He maintains this focus throughout his many creative endeavors: photography, art collection, interior design and global travel.
Wolf's portfolio offers the ultimate global aesthetic, from multinational conglomerates to private homes, from hotels and restaurants to product design.
* The Ayya Hotel, New York
* The Lorien Hotel & Spa (a Kimpton Hotel), Alexandria, Virginia
* Luxe Hotel, Beverly Hills, California
* Westin Hotel Executive Suites, New York
* Baccarat - Currently Baccarat's only US designer, Vicente's Latitude collection of crystal vases, bowls and candleholders with Baccarat exclusively for Neiman Marcus was launched in fall of 2008.
* Sherle Wagner - Designed and developed custom fixtures and hardware specific to the project (15 Union Square West). Only outside designer to have ever worked with Sherle Wagner.
* Tufenkian - Designed ultra-luxurious carpets for retail and wholesale distribution both by Tufenkian and VW Home.
* Kravet - Designed high-end fabrics for retail and wholesale distribution both by Kravet and VW Home.
* Ralph Pucci - Designed select pieces to be included in Pucci's 2007 collection, which includes several dining tables, sofas and coffee tables.
* Niedermaier - For over 17 years Vicente has designed and produced pieces for distribution by this elite furniture distributor.
* Henredon Furniture - The Vicente Wolf Collection of upholstery and case goods.
* Sasaki - China and Flatware design for the luxury brand.
* Convivio. Restaurant in New York City (formerly L'Impero)
* L'Impero Restaurant in New York City - winner of the 2003 James Beard Foundation Award for Outstanding Restaurant Design
* Alto Restaurant in Manhattan
* Bedell Cellars Winery and guest cottage on Long Island's North Fork
* The Diego restaurant at the MGM Hotel in Las Vegas
* The SW at Steve Wynn's W Hotel in Las Vegas
* L*S store in Hong Kong
* The Andrew Fezza company offices and showrooms
* The Registry stores in Chicago
* The executive offices of J Records for Clive Davis
* 15 Union Square West, New York
* 301 East 61st Street, New York
* Place 57, New York
Private Golf Clubhouse
* Liberty National Golf Club, Jersey City, New Jersey
Wolf's list of residential interiors is equally expansive and includes homes in the United States and abroad in France, Israel, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Sweden.
Residential Projects include
* The Manhattan apartment of choreographer Twyla Tharp
* The California home of Nely Galan, former president of Telemundo Communications and founder of gaLAn Entertainment
* The Richland Plantation in Natchez, Mississippi
* The Manhattan apartment and Westchester guest house of Clive Davis
* Swedish residence and Long Island home for Mr. and Mrs. George David
* The Manhattan apartment of the Prince and Princess von Furstenberg
* The New York City apartment of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Lynne, president of New Line Cinema
* The New York City apartment of Mr. Carl Bernstein
* The New York apartment of Matthew & Susan Blank, president of Showtime TV Networks
* The Manhattan apartment of event designer Preston Bailey
* The Connecticut home of mannequin designer and art gallery owner, Ralph Pucci
* Dancer Shelley Washington's New York apartment
Further projects span the realm of design and Vicente is a sought-after public speaker, having lectured in South Africa, Japan, Canada, Dubai and Australia. He also teaches an annual course through Parsons School of Design in the Dominican Republic. Wolf was featured in Absolut Vodka's 'Absolute Design' campaign.
VW Home is the luxury showroom where Wolf displays his line of fabrics, lighting, upholstery and case good pieces, a collection of sterling silver flatware, antique furniture, accessories and bed linens that he handpicks while traveling the globe. The showroom also offers interior design services, utilizing products selected and designed by Wolf.
Architectural Digest included Wolf in their "AD 100" and he was also named one of the top 100 designers by Metropolitan Home's "Design 100". House Beautiful named Wolf one of the 10 most influential designers in the United States and Interior Design Magazine inducted him in its "Designer Hall of Fame". He has received the Pantone Color Award and, in 2009, Wolf was named one of the "Top 20 Designers of the past 20 Years" by Traditional Home and was honored as the "Design Icon of 2009" at the Las Vegas Market in September.
Wolf has published two books, Learning to See (Artisan, 2002) and Crossing Boundaries: A Global Vision of Design (Monacelli Press, 2006), that focuses on the many design inspirations found throughout the world - through the eyes of a traveler. He is currently working on his third book, set to be released in Fall, 2010.
For more, point your browser to www.vicentewolf.com or visit his well-read blog at www.vicentewolfblog.com.