5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!
I was standing at the counter at [a big box baby store] waiting for the cashier to process my returned item. Glancing over at the crap for sale, I looked at The Windi...laughed...and HAD TO HAVE IT (if not for the reason it was intended, then surely as a novelty item). I brought it home and EVERYONE laughed. I think my husband even called me a sucker.

A few...
Published on March 7, 2012 by Alicia C.

3.0 out of 5 stars don't really need it... but it can work
here are my points
1. don't really need it, just do some massages and also leg pushing towards stomach
2. my doctor did not recommend it
3. some times I had to do it for 30 min to get poop and gas out
4. I did wash it using that little brush that comes with the dr. brown bottles, and I used hot water and dawn soap
I reused them since it is so...
Published 20 months ago by Pa Houa Yang

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!, March 7, 2012
This review is from: Fridababy The Windi Gas and Colic Relief, 10-Count (Baby Product)

A few days later, my newborn daughter was screaming in pain. I prepped the changing table for The Windi. I did exactly what the box said: rub each side of the baby's tummy three times, lift the legs, and gently insert the baby oil covered catheter into the rectum. Holy cow! In three seconds (no lie), my daughter went from screaming baby to sweet & smiling as the gas came rushing out of her. Now, we use it almost daily.

They ARE pricey. And they ARE worth it. It's worth it to me that I not douse my newborn with medicine at every wince or groan -- so The Windi is a great medicine-free alternative. And even though the box says they are intended for one-time use, I reuse them. They're made of soft plastic...so I place them in a microwave-safe bowl, cover them with 2-3 oz of water and microwave them for 7-10 minutes.

In any case -- The Windi is an answer to a prayer. And my minimalist husband even admitted that he'd pay 5 times the cost AND wants to write a personal letter of gratitude to the inventor.

THIS IS A PARENT'S MUST HAVE.

UPDATE:
I started using this product on my newborn son when he experienced excessive gas as early as 2 weeks old. Please be careful to allow your baby to not be a lazy gas pusher/pooper. Some days I just do some light anal stimulation and only use The Windi for the really bad nights.

4.0 out of 5 stars A necessity for gassy, colicky babies, June 21, 2012
Our month-old infant has been gassy and miserable for the past couple of weeks. We tried burping her more frequently, giving her gas drops after every feed, and bicycling her legs but each evening she would still end up screaming with a big bloated belly and nothing we did seemed to help. Then I came across the Windi. I will admit I was a little skeptical of at first, but since our pediatrician had already suggested lubricating her bum as a means of helping her pass gas I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out. The first time we put it in nothing happened, so we massaged her belly a bit more and tried again, and sure enough we started hearing little toots, followed by some gurgling and well... you can figure out the rest (as others have said, make sure you have a diaper and/or disposable changing pad down first!)

The Windi is now an indispensible tool in our colic arsenal. It doesn't always make our girl calm and happy but it definitely makes her more comfortable and reduces the amount of screaming she does every day. Ideally of course we'd be able to figure out why she gets so gassy and stop the problem at its root, but in the meanwhile just being able to do something that makes her feel a little better is great.

My one big piece of advice is to have patience and try different massage techniques - it frequently takes a few tries before you get everything out. I've found that combining the Windi with colic massage (look it up on YouTube!) to be super effective, especially if you can do it when the baby is relaxed. It can also be helpful to have one person hold the baby's legs and insert the Windi while someone else massages the belly at the same time.

The only reason I'm giving this product 4 stars is because of the price - $16 for 5 single-use pieces of plastic is absurd. We don't have the budget to pay $3 per use so we disinfect the catheters with soap and hot water and then sterilize them in the microwave, and that seems to work well.

**UPDATE** For anyone who's concerned about the Windi making their baby dependent on rectal stimulation to have a bowel movement, we've been using it on an almost-daily basis for 7 weeks now and our daughter still poops just fine on her own. Obviously one kid doesn't make for a statistically significant sample and you should use your best judgment when using this kind of product, but I did want to share that we've seen no ill effects for our baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life SAVER!, October 2, 2012
If you have a gassy baby I am sure you have tried the gas drops and gripe water which do absolutely NOTHING. With a 5 week old gassy and colicky baby at 3am I was desperately searching the internet and came across The Windi. I figured it was just a waste of money but at that point of desperation I figured we could give it a try. OH MY GOSH, we would not have survived the first few months without it. This seriously brought a turning point for us, the baby would finally sleep!

Here are a few tips;
1. You do not need to throw these away, soak them in really hot soapy water and make sure it is all cleaned out and reuse (rectal thermometers can be reused why not The Windi, I ran this by my Dr and he confirmed, this is not a sterile area so it is safe).
2. Hold it in for 45 seconds at a time while gently doing bicycle legs, if needed, this helps more of the gas escape.
3. Be sure to get a good coating of baby oil or olive oil before use.
4. Prep the work area, this can get messy!
5. Enjoy... HA!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great but watch out, February 3, 2013
This product works great. Relieves gas and always produces a bowel movement. But watch out, these bowel movements are no joke. They shoot out. Wear latex gloves and cover anything of value in the nursery because poop will get all over everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have!!!!!, May 18, 2012
This is the only thing that helps my baby. I clean and reuse them. I am shocked these arent more popular or talked about.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, May 2, 2012
The first time I tried to use this on my gassy/fussy 5 week old, it took less than 5 seconds before he "let it out". As long as #2 doesn't come out also, (as it sometimes does), I wash them and throw them in my sanitizer and re-use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, February 14, 2013
I looked at this first like it was a joke, but then I read the other reviews and decided to try it. It is so wonderful! Great for little babies that haven't figured out how to relax and "let it go" and the pain is just making them more fussy and tense. I would recomend this to anyone with a baby. This should be put in all new parent care packs!

5.0 out of 5 stars lifesaver, April 4, 2012
Seriously best investment since I have had my baby. He gets really bad gas from swallowing air with hiccups and this is a fast easy med free solution he doesn't mind at all. Every new mom needs the windi

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 16, 2013
Laura (Delaware, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic product! After my pediatrician incorrectly diagnosed my son with reflux I realized that he was having extreme gas pains, not heartburn. Within a week of using this he was off the reflux medicine and a much happier little dude. I can't recommend it enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but spendy, December 20, 2012
It works how it is supposed to but you aren't supposed to reuse them so it can become costly to have to keep ordering them. Its a weird concept and may seem a little gross but they were very effective when I used them with my baby, they immediately helped relieve gas

Rate and Discover Movies