5.0 out of 5 stars This time Jason will come to YOU!
If Paramount's A-movie franchise was Star Trek, then their B-movie franchise would definitely be Friday The 13th. A total of eight were made and, with the exception of '83, there was a Friday The 13th for every year in the Eighties, with the TV series debuting in '87.

Published on October 10, 2000 by Inspector Gadget

3.0 out of 5 stars Aspirin not included
Published on February 3, 2009 by A. Gammill

5.0 out of 5 stars This time Jason will come to YOU!, October 10, 2000
This review is from: Friday the 13th, Part 3 (DVD)

They were tacky, badly made and infrequently showed any professionalism, or dynamic filmmaking. But they sure had their moments and Part 3 is definitely the best of the first four, Part 5 being the joker in the pack and 6-8 the second instalment of the Jason Voorhees legacy.

Apparently, not getting enough of butchering teenagers with the first sequel, director Steve Miner returns for more unlucky day murders. While his first outing was almost the exact same as the original, only with a different killer, Part 3 reinvents the franchise and totally solidifies Jason as a horror movie icon.

Chris (Dana Kimmel) has had a difficult past few years and she decides to spend a long weekend at Higgins Haven with her friends. Too bad for them that Jason (Richard Brooker) is lurking in the woods. He and Chris have had a scuffle in the past and she's afraid to go out there alone.

Her friends are an unusual bunch. There are a couple of stoners, Shelly, a fat kid who just wants to be loved (Larry Zerner), a pregnant friend (Tracie Savage) and her hunky squeeze (Paul Kratka). These are not the typical goofball sex-mad teenagers of the early Eighties. For some reason, the writers have made them somewhat subdued and realistic. They seriously want a quiet weekend - no partying, no loud music. It helps that we like them, because in most other occasions we can't wait for them to get slaughtered.

And they aren't the only ones in trouble. A non-threatening biker gang plan to cause havoc at Higgins Haven, because Shelly knocked over their scooters, and end up regretting it. If anything, they make for some light comedy - intentional, or not.

Halfway through, Shelly pulls a joke on the girl he fancies. He leaps out of the water wearing a hockey mask and brandishing a harpoon. Five minutes later Jason gets his hands on them. And ever since, the image of the hockey mask has been the trademark of the series.

In every other sequel, Jason is a walking monolith. [...], show Michael Myers a thing or two about the art of teenage massacre and somehow be able to maintain his cool and make it all seems effortless. This is the only time you will see him for what he really is - a retarded hillbilly. He evens smiles! Twice!!

Miner would return later to the same location in Lake Placid. Here, he successfully portrays Crystal Lake as a tranquil, peaceful place and manages, in the final scenes, to infuse it with atmospheric excitement, all without the use of rain, or lightning.

It wouldn't be hard to make a sequel superior to the original Friday The 13th. Miner failed with Part 2, but excels in Part 3. It has a lighter tone and different feel from the others. In fact, it shouldn't be viewed as a horror film at all. It's an adventure movie, set in the woods, with one of the best villains ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for the Blu-ray NOT the movie, June 18, 2009
Dave. K (Staten Island, NY,) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 3-D BLU-RAY

*** ˝ Out of 5

For years the Friday the 13th movies were kicked aside by Paramount pictures with lame release after another. The original DVD releases had no features at all except for the theatrical trailer, which I personally don't consider to be a feature, but the 7th and 8th installments didn't even get that. Finally after the success of Freddy Vs Jason Paramount put out a set Crystal Lake to Manhattan, which featured the first 8 movies and while at least we finally got something it wasn't much to brag about and it was good overall, but the set was clearly rushed and really was about average at best as a whole.

With the release of Friday the 13th 09, Paramount finally gave the fans what they have wanted for years and that was SE releases. February 09 saw the release of the original uncut for the first time in the States released on Blu-ray and DVD and part 2 and 3 also got Deluxe Edition DVD releases.

Fans have wanted part 3 released in 3D and we finally got it. Despite being called a Deluxe Edition since it was anything but that, there were no features at all on the disc, but seeing as it was released in 3D it was easy to get over. There were problems with the DVD release with ghosting and double images and fan reaction was mixed. Now on June 16th, 2009 Friday the 13th Part 3 makes its debut on Blu-ray (along with Part 2) and unlike the DVD it has a nice batch of features, which is unfair to those who don't own Blu-ray players. I was 3-years old when this movie was first released so I have only been able to see the movie in 2D; I like this movie a lot and while it's not a very good movie per se it achieves what it sets out to do, but knowing it was originally in 3D it did kind of suck only being able to view it in 2D even if still enjoyable it was disappointing.

So here we are with the Blu-ray release and the question is simple; is it worth the upgrade? Well that's what I'll cover as I review the disc.

FRESH CUTS: 3D TERROR (HD)- 12:51
Solid feature that explains how the movie came to be plus the original idea before it became the movie we know; the 3D process is also covered and overall this was a solid feature that gives us enough info, but does leave you wanting slightly more, but overall it's a solid feature. Interviews with Peter Bracke, Martin Jay Sadoff, Larry Zerner, Richard Brooker, Sandi Love, Douglas White.

LEGACY OF THE MASK (HD)- 9:32
Another strong feature, which explains how Jason got the mask and overall it was a fun feature and it also gets into the mask in the rest of the movies plus Jason's look through out the series; brief, but to the point; interviews with Peter Bracke, Martin Jay Sadoff, Richard Brooker, Douglas White, Larry Zerner.

SLASHER FILMS: GOING FOR THE JUGULAR (HD)- 7:06
Another strong feature, which covers quickly what, makes these movies work so well and this might be my favorite feature on the disc even if we've seen numerous documentaries and books on this subject I still always find it entertaining. My only complaint is that it's too brief; Ari Lehman, Stu Charno, Tony Todd, Del Howison, Tony Moran, Harry Manfredini, Richard Brooker, Robbi Morgan and Larry Zerner appear.

LOST TALES FROM CAMP BLOOD- PART 3 (HD)- 4:47
This is a short film written and directed by Andrew Ceperley and the first 2 parts can be found on the DVD and Blu-ray releases of the first 2 movies; this one can only be seen on the Blu-ray for Part 3. Overall it was good running at under 5-minutes there is only so much that can be done, but I did enjoy this.

THEATRICAL TRAILER (HD)- 2:09
No need to explain this.

2D VERSION
Not every movie benefits from HD and this one is sort of one of those movies; the transfer while I suppose it an upgrade over the standard DVD, but I'm not really sure though. The transfer for the Blu-ray isn't really that good to be honest. After seeing the transfer for the original Friday the 13th I really got excited for this release, but there is no comparing the two at all. This one falls a bit flat in a lot of spots. The picture is a bit flat and there is noticeable grain in many scenes, and even in the standard version you can see spots of dirt on the screen, which I suppose is on the actual cameras and in HD you can see that even more; if one didn't know any better you might think it's on your TV set. Comparing the standard DVD to the Blu-ray the dirt is a bit more noticeable here and actually it can be a slight distraction at times; of all the Blu-ray's I own of flicks of a certain age this is by far the worst transfer; I heard the Deluxe Edition DVD also looked weak and in no way does this really improve. Like I said I don't think this really improves on the original DVD release. If I'm being totally honest here I think I might prefer the original standard release.

That's not to say it's a total bust there are some moments where it looks good, but overall there is too much dirt and grain to really be worthy of being called an upgrade. Some scenes the grain is cleaned up compared to the original release, but there is still enough grain and blemishes on this transfer that in my opinion keep it from really being called an upgrade.

Some scenes do stand out compared to the original DVD and look good, but never great. But there is just too much dirt and grain for this to be anything besides an ok transfer. The colors are sharp for the most part, but something just doesn't fully work here; at times the picture looks a little washed out. Again the Blu-ray in my opinion hardly looks better than the original standard DVD. In the area it might improve the look it also takes away due to the dirt. If this version is an upgrade I'd say its barley though.

3D VERSION
The Deluxe Edition had a lot of problems with ghosting and double images and that is also a problem here as well. All the 3D scenes have a bit of ghosting or double images and there is a lot more grain to be found here unlike the 2D version, which again does suffer from that, but despite that the 3D does work well mostly. No doubt these problems are annoying and do slightly take away from the movie. Obviously this won't compare to the original theatrical release and I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the Blu-ray release of My Bloody Valentine, which worked surprisingly well; but again the 3D works well despite all the scenes having ghosting or double images. A couple of scenes do lose a little bit due to that, but while most are slightly annoying it doesn't take away from the movie and finally seeing Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D adds a whole new layer to the movie and really adds to the entertainment. The stuff that works best are tree branches or leaves, dirt being blown by the wind and bugs flying around; Those are the things that play out the best, which is cool, but not really what we all want to look best.

Nothing here for the most part works great; some 3D looks cool other times not so much. The strengths are the hobo in the beginning with the eyeball despite the ghosting and or double image it looks cool the bikers that are killed in the barn also works really well and I think some of those scenes were the strongest despite the problems mentioned. Some stuff however falls flat for instance like the sphere gun scene, which is something I bet most people really want to see; and when you do see it you'll be letdown as it doesn't work that well; when Rick's eyeball pops up out it works fairly decent. The biggest 3D gags are the ones that seem to fall short.

The one scene that worked really great was after Jason gets hit in the head with an axe and he puts his arms out in front of him. Sure we have the same problems of ghosting or double images, but even that cannot take away from the scene as it actually plays out really cool problems and all. That scene really got me going since it was so cool again despite the problems. The handle of the Axe also works well for the most part and I'd say these scenes are probably the best along with the barn scenes.

So like I said the 3D doesn't work great and some really fall flat, but most work; remember though it never works great, but good enough for the viewer to not only have fun, but probably watch the 3D version all the time instead of the 2D. The 3D version does add a new layer to the movie and quite honestly makes the movie a little more fun and makes it feel a little new as well since most of us are seeing it in 3D for the first time.

Some reviews I've seen make the Blu-ray sound like perfection and some have compared it to the theatrical version. I never say this about other people's reviews, but I honestly think those reviews are by people paid by the studio or they are just seeing what they wanna see; despite what some say there is indeed ghosting and double images just like the DVD version, but regardless of those problems again annoying, yes, but still a lot of fun. As stated earlier there is a bit more grain on the 3D version, but even with the grain, ghosting and double images it cannot ruin the fun of seeing this movie in 3D. Don't go into this expecting perfection; just keep in mind the flaws I explained and you should be fine. Not every 3D scenes works and the ones that do don't work great and the ghosting and double images are annoying, but shouldn't ruin the experience of the film.

AUDIO
We have two options the first; Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and Dolby Digital Mono. The sound is good, but nothing special. It never really enhances the movie at all. I hoped it would pick up sounds in the background, but it never really does that. The TrueHD 5.1 is solid in terms of the music; the score plays out great and loud and the shrieks in the music might make you jump once or twice where as the dialogue sounds good, but I felt it was a little low. You can hear everything the characters say, but I found it a little lifeless. I actually watched the movie with the original Mono track, which I felt as a whole sounded better, the score might have a little bit more of a jolt to it with the TrueHD, but overall I found the mono track to be the better of the two.

FINAL WORDS ON THE DISC
I had two TVs I tried this on; one set the 3D looked ok it pops out, but nothing really stands out. I than tried it on a plasma TV and it worked far better there. So I think it will all depend on the TV you have. Some sets the 3D may not work that well where as other TV sets it will look a lot better. The extra features while brief are enjoyable and this may not be the ultimate release, but it is a solid one. The flaws with the picture can be forgiven, but the 2D version does fall a bit flat and the ghosting and double images on the 3D can be slightly annoying, but the sheer fun of seeing it in 3D will help you get over it. Bottom line is Friday the 13th Part 3 on Blu-ray doesn't make for the perfect Hi-Def experience, but it gets the job done. If you have the Deluxe Edition the only reason to buy this is for the extras.

4.0 out of 5 stars Widescreen & Chili's uncut death, October 24, 2000
Justin Wayne Morris (Fayetteville, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friday the 13th, Part 3 (DVD)
What I felt before was a quite mediocre entry in the series(speaking relatively, of course), I now feel is one of the most superior. What makes the difference? Widescreen. Steve Miner is a master of the form(see the underrated House or Halloween:H20) and injects this sequel with a lot of atmosphere and tension which was not as evident on previous pan-and-scan video releases of the film. For instance, consider the scene where Chris relays her previous experience with Jason to her boyfriend Rick. On video, it had always appeared as if the couple had just stopped at a random spot in the woods to talk. In widescreen, however, the entire left side of the picture is taken up by the side of a cabin and by a drainpipe spilling water throughout the scene. This one small detail adds a whole other layer to the atmosphere of the scene. You also get to see a lot more of Higgin's Haven and the surrounding woods and lake in widescreen. Also, as previously mentioned, the showdown/chase scene that climaxes this film is amazingly suspenseful, especially for an early 80's slasher sequel. Widescreen allows you to see Jason running up along the side of the barn as Chris enters. Creepy!
One last note about the DVD:
For years, Friday fans have lamented the lost death scene footage excised by the MPAA before the films were released to theaters. Well, apparently someone in the DVD department at Paramount is a fan, for Chili's death scene via firepoker in the Friday 3 DVD is the unrated cut. Wherein previous video versions, there is only a shot of the firepoker exiting her back, in the DVD version, a relatively long sideshot has been inserted showing Jason plunging the firepoker all the way through her and then slightly twisting it. This extra shot is worth the price of the DVD. Hopefully unrated death scenes will show up on future Friday releases also. I'd love to see some of the unrated footage from Friday 6 and 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW # 218 - SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE SEQUEL TO #1, January 19, 2006
This review is from: Friday the 13th, Part 3 (DVD)
The Friday the 13th series is my favorite horror movie series, and Part 3 is my favorite. It has all the elements of a good horror movie, which I'll get to in a minute, and Jason I think is the creepiest he ever was.

*This was the first horror movie I ever saw. It was on TV and I watched a part of it at age 7 or 8 while my parents weren't watching me :). I saw the shower part in the movie and needless to say I didn't take a shower for two weeks. I'd go in the bathroom and turn on the water, but I wouldn't get in because I was afraid I'd open the shower curtain and get an axe in the head. :)

I know the chances of you reading my review out of 217 other peoples reviews, and I know that people have given this movie pretty high marks, as well as low. But I think this is the best movie out the series and here's why.

I always look for three things in horror movies. The first is, is the movie well made and is the acting up to par. This movie looks creepy. It's kind of dark many times which just adds to the feel of it. It has that 1980's feel which really gives a horror movie an edge in my book. The scenes are all well put together and the directing is right up there. The acting is pretty good for the most part. Sometimes Cris is a little unbelievable in the beginning but she is the prettiest girl out of the whole series. The rest of the actors do a great job especially Jason.

This is the movie that started the whole hockey mask mania. In the later movies, Jason got more of a personality, especially once Kane Hodder took over, but they kindof ruined the character for me. Jason is supposed to be a mindless emotionless killer, which is what makes him so scary. When they gave him emotions and facial expressions in part 7 and Fred Vs J, they ruined the character for me. In this movie, Jason walks creepy, takes his time and gives a great performance. Nice job.... uh..... guy.

The next thing I look for is are the death sequences well done and believable. If you've read my other reviews you know nothing turns me off faster than an elaborate and stupid death sequences. In this film they do it right. They are all quick, show some blood but not too much and all could have really happened. With the exception of the spear gun through the eye, but I'm sure Jason is an excellent marksman.........I'm not going to argue with him.

The last thing I look for in a horror movie is a great ending. I thought number two was pretty decent but had a lot of mistakes in it. Some things in the movie just don't make sense, especially the end. What dog was in the woods if that other white fluff ball came back??? but anyway....

Part 3 really brings the first movie into play. It's a nice reverse at the end, without giving too much away. I always felt that this should have been the sequel, instead of two because of the way it ended.

All in All this is a great horror movie. I would rank it number one in the series, with four next, then one, then probably the others, with the exception of seven. It's the first horror movie I ever saw, and it will always hold a special knife-hole in my heart. Alright so that wasn't funny, but this movie is great. My favorite scene is the fuse box when the guy gets the lights to go on, but who's behind him????? CHI CHI CHI MAH MAH MAH

3.0 out of 5 stars Aspirin not included, February 3, 2009
A. Gammill (Tupelo, MS United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Friday the 13th, Part 3, 3-D (Deluxe Edition) (DVD)
Getting old is hell. It's true. You see, I'm old enough to have seen Friday the 13th Part 3 in the theater back in 1982. There were a handful of pretty bad 3-D movies made during that brief resurgence of the fad. Believe it or not, this was actually the best of them. The film took full advantage of the process, poking every possible object, body part, etc. at the screen. All in polarized 3-D. Polarized? Well, I don't know all the technical details, but the glasses were tinted gray, instead of the old-style red and blue that was used during the early 1950's heyday of 3-D movies. A polarized 3-D movie doesn't just have depth; things literally pop off the screen and, at times, would appear to be inches from your face.

Sadly, this 3-D release of Friday the 13th Part 3 is NOT the same picture I saw all those years ago.

Apparently, the polarized process can't be recreated for the home screen (not yet, anyway. . .if you'd told me ten years ago I'd be able to store thousands of songs on a gadget the size of a cigarette lighter, I'd have called you crazy). So what we have here is a sort of "remixed" cut of the film, with the old-school glasses. And all the headaches those involve.

Disappointments aside, it's not a complete waste. The film itself was made to have depth (as in the third dimension of depth, not the philosophical kind!), and many scenes translate fairly well. The more notorious shock scenes (SPOILERS AHEAD) involving a spear gun and an eyeball rushing toward the camera come pretty close to duplicating the original format's intensity. Objects in the background often suffer some blurriness--hence the possibility of headaches--and the print itself is surprisingly grainy in spots.

The film itself is no better or worse than any of the FRIDAY sequels. But if you were lucky enough to have the film as intended on the big screen, you will almost certainly be disappointed with this presentation. I'm glad 3-D films are making a comeback; I just hope someone is able to improve the process for home viewing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid 80's slasher sequel, useless DVD re-release., August 18, 2009
Length:: 3:42 Mins

I don't know why it is that 3-D looked so good on the big screen in the 80's and I don't know why it went away or if it has even advanced significantly since returning in a big way this past decade since I don't have an Imax theater in my town. What I do know is that I was extremely disappointed when I attempted to watch "Friday the 13th 3-D" in it's original form on my home DVD player. I also don't know why they'd even bother releasing such a thing when the results are so awful. Scratch that. I do know. Having fond memories of 3-D films growing up in the 80's I was intensely curious to see how the format would translate to the small screen, and I'd purchased the first two Friday the 13th films based on their classic status and the cool packaging and new special features. I bought the 3rd on impulse in spite of the extremely conspicuous lack of any special features primarily because I really wanted to see a 3-D film in my home. And that's how they getcha. How they got away with calling this a "Deluxe Edition" is a mystery.

I remember Part 3 as being my favorite Friday and it's still a solid slasher to be sure. The ending is still pretty terrifying and my favorite Jason kill ever is in this film. It's also the very first time Jason Vorhees ever donned his now-iconic hockey mask. So for Slasher fanatics, this is indeed a landmark film. It's too bad that they skimped on the bonus material in favor of a marketing ploy that did little other then tick me off. I'm also not a fan of padding the running time by opening with the entire climax of the last film. It eats up running time and that is all it does. It doesn't even make any sense unless you saw the first two films anyways so why bother?

Anyways, you've got your group of sex-crazed smart-mouthed teenagers, brief shots of gore and brutality, teasing nudity, and of course the echoing "tch-tch-tch ah-ah-ah-ah" that I now wish I'd thought to open the video segment with. Jason fans will enjoy this film as much as ever, but again, don't buy it for the 3-D. I tried watching the film from afar, up close, laying down in front of it, cross-eyed, walking on my hands (not really), and every other way and it just looked like hell any way I tried. Perhaps a larger screen (which would have to be massive) or blu-ray would help, perhaps not. But for some reason the 3-D version of this film is not even a little bit watchable in my house. Too bad. This DVD could have earned another star with some of the cool features like the "Lost Tales From Camp Blood" short films featuring bonus Jason kills, or the interviews and convention footage like the previous two Friday re-releases had, but we get nothing but a broken 3-D version. Screw you too, Paramount.

2.0 out of 5 stars Best viewed in 3-D..., May 15, 2001
FRIDAY THE 13th PART III

(USA - 1982)

Aspect ratio: 2.35:1 (3-Depix)
Theatrical soundtrack: Mono

Though not without entertainment value, the third entry in this long-running series (initiated by FRIDAY THE 13th in 1980) is no more than disposable fluff, reliant on its 3-D gimmick to draw a mass audience. It serves no other purpose. Whereas the first two movies established the basic premise (the villain in part 2 takes up where his/her predecessor left off in part 1), "Part III" doesn't advance the scenario at all, merely restages the same plot as before: Teens take a weekend trip into the woods and are targeted for destruction by the seemingly unstoppable Jason.

The plot is negligible, the characters conform to stereotype, and the constant stream of violent murders seems even more senseless than before. In fact, the indiscriminate nature of Jason's victims allows consistency to fall by the wayside, thereby signalling the film's status as little more than a mindless thrill-machine, the victim of lazy scriptwork by Martin Kitrosser and Carol Watson. To be fair, however, it's doubtful that a radical change in the basic scenario would have been acceptable to contemporary audiences. In 1982, these simple thrills were more than enough to ring the box-office bell, and woe betide any producer who dared to mess with a winning formula!

The best efforts of sophomore director Steve Miner (also responsible for FRIDAY THE 13th PART 2, 1981) are compromised by two important factors: First, the cast seems to have been chosen on the basis of looks rather than acting ability, and the only character with a halfway decent plot-thread (the overweight guy whose feeble pranks are a desperate attempt to ingratiate himself with his peers) meets a predictably 'ironic' end long before his genuine emotional distress can be allowed to detract from the orchestrated mayhem. And secondly, the requirements of 3-D photography - in particular, the attention paid to the point of convergence from shot to shot, in order to prevent eyestrain and headaches in the audience - has resulted in visual and dramatic compromises, slowing the movie's rhythm and sapping all vitality from the narrative (this was true of many other 3-D movies which opened the following year). Seen in 3-D, the extra dimension is a genuinely effective novelty which enhances the viewing experience tenfold, from the opening credits (which seem to shoot out of the screen with startling clarity) through to the extended finale when Jason's rampage literally spills into the audience's lap. Viewed flat, for all its bloody violence and exaggerated body count, the film is a lumbering, pointless rehash of the first two entries, with no identity of its own.

Followed by FRIDAY THE 13th: THE FINAL CHAPTER (1984).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the series, March 1, 2008
This review is from: Friday the 13th, Part 3 (DVD)
I totally adore the Friday the 13th movies. I've been watching them since I was a kid. They are filled with eerie suspense and lots of gore and some of the movies contain good tunes (Alice Cooper.) This one however, seems to stick with me the most. It's my personal favorite of the bunch. Jason gets the hockey mask for the 1st time in this movie. The kills are REALLY good and OMG at the end, eww[...] Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, March 21, 2009
This review is from: Friday the 13th, Part 3, 3-D (Deluxe Edition) (DVD)
Loved this sequel, once I started watching, I couldn't stop. The characters are origional and really likeable, there is a lot of suspence and the death scenes are pretty good, too. Also this is the movie where Jason dones his famous hockey mask.

There's not much to say about the plot as it's almost identical to parts 1 and 2, although a small gang of bikers follow the teens to camp (but, of course, Jason is around so they don't last long...)

I thought that the chase scene at the end between Jason and The Last Girl was suspencefull and very well done.

Great movie, especially considering it is a sequel. Highly reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars "A decent Jason for once...", September 13, 2002
By A Customer
Well, folks, it's finally happened, Jason Voorhees, the Crystal Lake teen slasher, has finally acquired his trademark hockey mask in Friday the 13th, Part 3. The opening credits were great, and the theme song was really catchy. If you're wondering why there are so many scenes where things get really, really close to the screen, it's because this was in 3-D when it was in theatres, so naturaley they had to do some surprise and three-dimensional elements. Richard Brooker stars as Jason Voorhees, and does a pretty good job, but he would be the third understudy for me on the three people best at playing Jason. The second would have to be C.J. Graham for his performance in part 6, and the first would, of course, be Kane Hodder for his performances in parts 7, 8, 9, and X. But, sadly, we may not see Kane's name in the credits for Freddy vs. Jason, unless he coordinated the stunts, because New Line considered passing him over for the Jason role, and filming began on Sept. 9. So, hopefully, they'll have decided to go with him, but we'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, even though Jason Voorhees gets his mask here, it's about 4/6 into the movie, but that's okay, because he looks pretty freaky without it too, but it doesn't really show his face. Usually, when he appears without the mask, they either don't show his face at all or they show it so quick that you couldn't make out what the actual appearance was. Written by Martin Kitrosser and Carol Watson, produced by Frank Mancusco Jr., and directed by Steve Miner, who also did Friday the 13th part 2, Friday the 13th, Part 3 introduces Jason Voorhees with his trademark hockey mask, as well as delivering major chills, and excitement that should be more than enough to get you through the movie.

Friday the 13th, Part 3, 3-D (Deluxe Edition)
$14.98 $8.91