Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Friedman is lame and doesn't deserve your money

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2006 2:38:24 PM PDT
J. COLBY says:
I just read another, ahh, interview with Thomas Friedman. He is truly lame, intellectually and ethically. His views are neo-liberal bs which is self-serving. Don't buty his books and enable his self-serving agenda, while wasting your money.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2006 5:58:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 19, 2006 6:00:30 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2006 2:23:51 AM PDT
Tom says:
Friedman espouses a view so much more humanistic and ethical than anything his detractors could possibly come up with, that their viewpoints are moot upon arrival. Liberalism is pro-human, conservatism is anti-human. Are you for this species, or for eliminating all voices you do not agree with? Fascism is alive and well, in the Middle East......and America today !

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2006 11:28:26 AM PDT
Someone says:
So, because you disagree with "Friedman's detractors", they are automatically wrong and anti-human? You won't even listen to their viewpoint? I think Friedman has very interesting ideas and I can appreciate his perspective, but I disagree with a lot of what he says. Does that make me anti-human?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2006 6:58:50 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2009 12:44:26 AM PST
And you can eat his book in 2009. I'm sure the cellulose will do you some good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2009 12:45:08 AM PST
I agree with you. Friedman well and truly sucks, sucks, sucks,sucks.

Posted on Aug 25, 2009 8:59:33 PM PDT
man says:
No need to finish a Friedman book. His books can be condensed significantly. Friedman pads his books by repeating a similar story with different actors that makes some useless point. It usually goes like this:

So I was in Kuala Lumpur having sushi with the King of Prussia, Bill Gates, and Dean Acheson when the waiter remarked that he enjoyed watching Friends - a popular show in Malaysia. TRULY, THE WORLD IS FLAT!

Now repeat 50 times in various locales, name drop various important people, and be sure to use a variety of local service workers (cab drivers, bellhops, waiters, etc). There, you've written a Friedman book.

Tom Friedman is just a gasbag loudmouth with no particular expertise in anything. He has never contributed any original thought on any subject. He is the living embodiment of middle-of-the-road mediocrity.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2010 3:51:01 PM PDT
I agree. Try reading my book Free Trade Doesn't Work for a decent antidote:

Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace it and Why

Ian Fletcher

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2010 3:51:56 PM PDT
I agree. Try reading my book Free Trade Doesn't Work for a decent antidote:

Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace it and Why

Ian Fletcher
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2006
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about