Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Frieling Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel French Pre...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 23% off the $99.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Frieling Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel French Press, 36 Ounce
|Price:||$99.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Double-wall 18/10 stainless-steel French press for coffee or tea; 36 ounce capacity, measures 10-inches high
- Mirror finish outside and brushed finish inside; full-length handle is comfortable in the hand
- All-steel mesh plunger easily pushes down coarse coffee grounds or loose tea leaves
- Carafe doubles as insulated serving pitcher; retains heat 4 times longer than glass
- Disassembles easily for washing; dishwasher safe; 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Celebrate the pure flavor of coffee with our double wall insulated French Presses which retain heat four times longer than a glass press. Made of 18/10 stainless steel, these presses are extremely durable, built to stand the test of time.
- PURE TASTE SENSATION: The French press brewing method delivers fresh, rich tasting coffee with unparalleled flavor.
- AUTHENTIC: Let a French press spoil you with its timeless design and quality. Two design options: Exterior mirror finish with an interior brushed finish or an exterior and interior brushed finish.
- MADE TO LAST: Durable 18/10 stainless steel makes this ideal for everyday use. Plunger mechanism is also stainless steel. Naturally BPA free. Frieling offers replacement parts, if needed.
- HEAT RETENTION: Retains heat four times longer than glass due to its double-wall insulation.
- KEEPS HOT DRINKS HOT AND COLD ONES COLD: It's not just for coffee. Our French Press line is perfect for brewing loose tea or even cold beverages like water, milk, ice tea and juice. In the mood for something cold? Use the pitcher to serve water, milk, iced tea, juices
- 4 MINUTES IS ALL IT TAKES: Easy to use. Fill the press with ground coffee and hot water, place the lid/plunger unit on top and steep for 4 minutes, then slowly press the plunger down. The coffee is ready to serve.
- DISHWASHER SAFE: All components are dishwasher safe. No need to disassemble the plunger.
Frieling recognizes the attraction and practicality of high-quality stainless steel, revered for its elegance, zero maintenance and heat retention. Each piece of this successful, proven collection boasts either an exterior mirror finish with an interior brushed finish or an exterior and interior brushed finish. All components are dishwasher safe.
By using high-quality 18/10 stainless steel for this French press, Frieling has smartly sidestepped the problem of breakable glass carafes. At the same time, the pot is beautiful, sleek, and sturdy, with a mirror finish and a self-contained design. Plus, with no filters or power cords to mess with, you can brew and serve right at the table. The full-length handle is both comfortable and stable, while the all-steel mesh plunger mechanism can be used with coarse coffee grounds or loose tea leaves. Frieling's double-wall construction keeps hot beverages hot and cold ones cold if you use the pitcher by itself for milk or juice. All parts disassemble to wash by hand or go in the dishwasher. The press holds 33 ounces and stands 9 inches high. --Emily Bedard
Size: 36-Ounce | Style Name: Standard - Polished
Top Customer Reviews
If you are not familiar with the French press method, you should be aware that coffee from a press is not nearly as "squeeky clean" as typical American drip coffee. Grounds are separated by a fine wire mesh on a plunger and a certain amount of fine grinds will ALWAYS get through. To minimize this, your coffee needs to be ground specifically for a press - a much coarser grind than for drip.
But the press is widely regarded as the best way to get all the subtle flavors out of a great coffee bean. This one is beautiful and built like a battleship - you'll never have to replace broken glass insert again. All parts are dishwasher safe.
The Frieling is also insolated but don't get the idea you can let your coffee sit in it. It is not a "thermos". It really is only enough insolation to offset the undesireable thermal conduction properties of stainless steel and keep it superior to its glass/ceramic rivals.
No matter to me. Most coffee experts will tell you to get your coffee separated from the grounds after a 4-5 minute brew or over-extraction and bitter taste can result. So my coffee goes into a pre-heated, insolated carafe as soon as it is brewed.
Because the Frieling is steel, dense, and more massive than your typical glass press, you may need to adjust your brewing procedure slightly to keep it from adversely affecting your brew temperature - ideally 190-200F. I preheat mine with some hot tap water before brewing but I have heard that you can just put boiling water in one, insert the plunger briefly, then brew using the same water which will now have dropped "into the zone".
P.S.Read more ›
The Frieling press has several advantages:
1. All parts are stainless steel. There is no plastic to wear out, break, or absorb odors, and there's no glass to break. It looks and feels well-made.
2. It keeps my coffee warm for maybe twice as long as the Bodum.
3. The filter screen has a smooth edge. I originally bought the Bodum press because the screens on other presses had rough edges that would fray or poke me when I washed them. Bodum fixed the problem by surrounding the screen with plastic, but Frieling takes the common sense option of just hemming it. Smart.
4. It fully disassembles for cleaning.
5. Replacement parts are available through their website.
6. It makes great coffee.
When the press arrived, the connection between the rod and the metal plunger was funky. It wouldn't tighten down all the way, as though the threads didn't quite match. I didn't want to have a whole new press shipped - that seemed wasteful - so I emailed Frieling. They were courteous and apologetic, and they sent me replacement parts within an hour of my emailing them. The parts arrived in perfect condition, and they worked. There are plenty of companies out there that don't stand by their products and treat their customers like they don't matter, so that means a lot to me.
I highly recommend that you buy this press.
This pot works extremely well and is very attractive. It is quite substaintial which makes for a very nice feel. The coffee certainly comes out hotter than it did with the glass pot - a definate plus.
I prefer the bottom portion of the filter mechanism on the Bodum vs. this one (the top two pieces of the filters on both are identical). This one's bottom filter element is not flat like the Bodum. It has a slight curve upwards at the edges. Thus the trapped grounds are harder to clean out w/o disassembling the filter vs. the Bodum. It really isn't that big a deal, but I just like the Bodum design better. Unfortunately, both bottom elements have different thread diameters, so the parts aren't interchangeable.
That one small negative aside (you most likely wouldn't see this as a negative unless you've used a Bodum), this is a very nice pot. As a matter of fact, both this pot and the Bodum would benefit from the use of a one-piece filter instead of the three pieces ones supplied with both. If you have one of these, the Frieling will be flawless.
Another nice thing with the Frieling is that you can get a matching sugar and creamer. I'm not sure if you can with the Bodum. If you are into entertaining small groups, this is a vote for the Frieling too.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a high quality stuff - it looks and feels solid like a tank. Bought this and Porlex grinder to make French press.Published 14 days ago by oldCricket
Really great! Keeps coffee hot much longer than the glass version.Published 1 month ago by Paul-Ivan Derreumaux
Great French Press. Expensive, but worth every penny. I've been drinking coffee from a french press for almost 20 years. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Jeff M
Makes the best coffee EVER and there is no plastic anywhere in this product so no worries of contamination. My only regret is not buying a bigger one!Published 13 months ago by Kathy R.
We will never go back to an automatic coffee maker after using this press. Looks nice and is easy to maintain. Also, it's plastic free!Published 13 months ago by Luxe Lady
LOVE it. SO much better than a glass press! And the double layer of steel helps the coffee stay warm longer!
It is quick to use and SOOOO easy to clean. Read more