4.0 out of 5 stars Friendkeeping
Was an interesting view of friendships, how they grow and develop, how some come about as as the need arises and fade as that need is fulfilled and others which grow and develop into lifelong relationships. The book is laced with a refreshing amount of humor, yet is an interesting description of the process. Well worth reading if friendships are important to you.
Published 6 months ago by Old Santa Lover

1.0 out of 5 stars Really?
Published 19 months ago by SLC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Really?, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Friendkeeping: A Field Guide to the People You Love, Hate, and Can't Live Without (Hardcover)
I have never been so disappointed by a well-reviewed book. To begin, the wide margins make it obvious there was an attempt to stretch minimal material into a book. And then... All the things it was not: Not fresh, not funny, not interesting or even mildly diverting. What an overrated mess. Rarely do I give up on books, but by halfway through I was just skimming. Waste of money, but worse than that, a waste of time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't live up to reviews, December 29, 2012
Isn't insightful or funny. It would have been better if I had checked it out of the library instead of buying it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for, December 9, 2012
I had hoped this book would resonate with me and talk about how friendships among women are truly difficult for the most part. Instead, it was a bunch of descriptions about how great her friends are. I doubt I would want to be friends with the author because she would probably annoy me too much.

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs a different title, January 20, 2013
Sweet little story about the authors life but it was not what I was looking for. I was expecting a book that offered support and guidance in dealing with specific issues related to friendship and that is what the title led me to believe I was buying . Disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, December 10, 2012
It always disappoints me so dearly when I have to give up on a book - especially one so well reviewed. I had high hopes for this book. Instead, I am reminded of one of the popular girls from high school rattling off how many friends she has, isn't she wonderful. I agree with a previous reviewer that to be this author's friend sounds annoying. Oh well. I guess I'll just stick with my handful of cool friends.

2.0 out of 5 stars it would have been a great magazine article, December 3, 2012
this book was a great concept but i was disappointed with the implementation. it was really more of a collection of anecdotes than something that provided actual guidance on how to deal with situations. the book was a fun quick read, but i had hoped for more.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Story Is Not A Field Guide, November 8, 2013
J. Lopate (Mendocino, CA USA) - See all my reviews
There are far better books out there on the subject of friendships. This book was no field guide at all, just a story about the author and her own friends. I did not find it the least bit helpful to apply towards my own relationships.

I have many female friends and they are all from different backgrounds and have different interests and personalities. I have had some issues with my friendships and was looking for a helpful guide in understanding women friendships and positive applications to use to problem solve. This books offered nothing to me in that way, although I found it somewhat interesting to read.

Jan Yaeger's books are so much more to the point and I much prefer her books to this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Friendkeeping, December 14, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Title, June 21, 2013
Janet (Tacoma, WA) - See all my reviews
I was very disappointed in this book. It was heavily marketed and highly reviewed, but I didn't find that it lived up to the hype. It's, at best, an anecdotal record of the author's friendships. Nothing really new, and definitely no unique insights. I suppose this could be used as a gift book, but why? I could say the same thing with a card. It wasn't badly written, it just doesn't fit my expectations.
*I received my copy from LibraryThing.com in exchange for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Informative, March 15, 2013
A. Tristan (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
As much about her career as how to keep friendships alive and flourishing. Kind of chick-centric but I sent it to a male friend in Italy and he really enjoyed it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›