Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 13, 2011
This is the second movie of 2011 involving 2 beautiful people agreeing to be sex buddies without any emotional entanglements. Ashton Kushner and Natalie Portman did a decent job in "No Strings Attached" back in January. This time we have Portman's "Black Swan" partner Mila Kunis pairing up with all around superstar Justin Timberlake. Keep in mind, the movie is a no-brainer in every sense of the word. We know where it's going by just watching the trailers, let alone getting into the movie. Both characters of course has a confidant. In Dylan's (Timberlake) case it's gay sportswriter Tommy played by Woody Harrelson. For Jamie (Kunis), it's her former hippie mother played by Patricia Clarkson. What makes this movie different from standard romcom fare is some excellent writing, snappy and funny dialog and generally good acting all around. The film even makes fun of itself by not so subtlety criticizing others in the genre. What really makes the film click are Timberlake and Kunis. They are terrific together, especially in the sack where they take some pretty explicit behavior to a hilarious end.
on October 28, 2011
When I saw this movie I knew from the beginning I knew it was gonna be a chick flick/romance comedy and while most of them are pretty predictable this one was really good. In the beginning I gotta say they did a great job at seeling NYC and all it has to offer. I was in Dubai watching the film thinking "man I miss New York". I am originally from New York, thats why I say that. This movie was hilarious but now I have to buy the DVD because I want to see the parts that were censored out in the Dubai theater. Anyone thats ever lived in the middle east knows what Im talking about. And I just had to see it cause Mila Kunis so gorgeous. JT, not the best actor but he still did a good job. Did I menion, Mila Kunis is hot. It was great seeing Woody Harrelson back on the big screen. He played that gay role very well. Overall it was a great movie, one that I definitely recommend buying or at least seeing
on December 16, 2011
Friends with Benefits is a great romantic comedy that stars the talented and funny Justin Timberlake and equally funny and beautiful Mila Kunis. Usually romantic comedies are ...well romantic comedy's, nothing new, gets the job done. However, I have found myself paying more attention with this movie for some reason. Unlike "No Strings Attached" which came out 6 monthes prior to this movie, this movie actually had heart-felt moments that have been absent in romantic comedies lately (especially in 2011). The chemistry between Timberlake and Kunis was undeniably the highpoint of film, the interraction between these two is good enough to carry the film on its own, regardless of the plot, thats how good they go together. I love this movie that I can find myself watching it numerous times on ocassion. Even if the ending will be predictable, its the journey that was such a pleasure to watch.
on August 10, 2011
Most people say they won't see FWB because it is the same thing as NSA, but truthfully only the idea is the same. I have seen both movies and FWB is my favorite by far, it has more life issues in it and i feel like justin and mila have GREAT chemistry together. The movie has tons of laughs, emotional parts, and also tons of cute parts. This movie is one of my favorites and should definatly be seen whether you liked or didn't like NSA, since they are two completely different films.
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2012
I really thought this was going to be a stupid movie. Bored the other night, I decided to watch it whilst working on jewelry. I ended up setting my project aside because I really started to enjoy the movie.

Surprise for me was the chemistry between Timberlake & Kunis. More so, I was impressed with Justin Timberlake's acting. He was actually pretty good. Sweet, sympathetic and caring towards Kunis's character. Kunis plays a Headhunter who gets Timberlake's character an Art Director job at GQ. Friends becoming friends with benefits and the positives & the negatives it creates. Entertaining.

Quite a few laugh out loud moments. Cute film and I highly recommend it.
on December 11, 2011
I am usually very skeptical about romantic comedies, yet I needed a break from the very dense reading and writing I had been doing lately for a paper that left me completely exhausted, so I was looking for some effortless, predictable entertainment. Predictable it was, if by that you mean how it ends, but I enjoyed every minute of it. All characters are endearing and the sense of humor, just the kind I like. I could also relate to the story personally as it reminded me of the kind of friendship I have with my husband -OK, we are not THAT good looking, but still :)
They manage to be romantic without falling into cheesy territory.
Totally, totally recommend it.
on December 3, 2011
I know a lot of people have compared this to No Strings Attached. On the surface, it looks that way. However, this movie was sooooooo much better than that. There are so many laugh out loud moments, the script is great and includes a lot of great jokes and one-liners. Justin and Mila have great chemistry and while I wish Justin would come out with a new album, there's no denying he's a great actor... especially in this movie. This is probably my favorite role that I've seen him play. This movie has definitely become a top favorite of mine!
on January 27, 2014
I really like this movie - it has two of my favorites (Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake) playing off one another and they make a very believable, likable couple. Some of the scenes are very sweet and some a hilariously funny. While this movie is by no means a "classic," it is very humorous and a fun movie to watch.
on December 2, 2011
So I totally thought this was going to be ridiculously dumb.... so glad I watched it though. Yes, its predictable in the end, but it's the journey there that matters right? There really is some great humor in this and Justin Timerberlake can actually act. :-) I say 5 stars and give it a chance - it's a cute movie!
Two New York twenty-somethings, Dylan (Justin Timberlake) and Jamie (Mila Kunis), are burned out on romance and opt to carry on a no-strings affair to avoid the pain and bother of love.

The premise of this movie is quite clever: If you don't have to make an effort to be attentive and considerate of a lover due to working toward a long-term commitment, then presumably you can have nothing but fun without any hassles. Initially this approach to their sexual relationship frees up the two protagonists (in some quite comic love scenes) to openly inform each other, in the middle of sex, what they do and don't want in bed. Since we are two generations beyond the sex revolution of the 1960's with nudity in movies for some time now casually accepted, be prepared for a lot of it in this film. Fortunately, we are spared full, frontal nudity, and both stars are in great shape, so it's not a complete ordeal sitting through endless shots of their comely backsides.

This is the first movie I've seen Justin Timberlake in. I was extremely impressed with his comic chops when he hosted Saturday Night Live, and I figured he would be ideal as a romantic comedy lead. He did not disappoint my expectation. He is charmingly vulnerable, witty, and quite attractive in this film.

I had not previously seen Mila Kunis in anything. She does an excellent job as a snarky, clever, ambitious New Yorker, and I enjoyed the way she believably revealed, over the course of the film, her character's soft, romantic underbelly.

What delighted me the most about this film is its lack of raunchy slapstick. The humor comes primarily from the witty repartee between the protagonists, which is my favorite kind of comedy. The pacing is excellent, and there are some wonderful supporting actors, including Richard Jenkins as Dylan's father who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. Jenna Elfman is Dylan's sister. Patricia Clarkson is Jamie's mother, and Woody Harrelson is a gay coworker of Dylan.

Overall a fun, very entertaining romantic comedy.