Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

90%
10%
Format: PaperbackChange

on July 19, 2006
I brought this book for my 12 year old neice as a token gift. She absolutely loved it - simply could not put it down and was anxious to read the second book in the series.
on September 14, 2008
Carmen Brown is about to enter the fifth grade when the family learns that dad's job was relocating. To say that she was sad would be putting it lightly. Lonely and feeling like an outsider, not only was her old school where her friends were, they were all the same race. Carmen wants to make friends, she just doesn't know how. Eventually Carmen lets go of her fears and steps away from her comfort zone. Will her new school mates be receptive?

I really enjoyed `True Friends' by Stephanie Perry Moore. I was able to relate to this story because I've been the new girl in school and it's not much fun.

4.5 stars
on November 26, 2010
This is a good series for a young girl (up to 13 years old). My daughter has read the entire series and has enjoyed it. So many books today talk about (thus, teach) things young people don't need to be dealing with just yet. These books talk about subjects girls encounter - or will encounter - in real life, but nothing too heavy. My daughter says these books are good for young girls to read in order to prepare them for various scenarios that may occur in their lives.
on February 19, 2013
My granddaughter is enjoying this series and lets me know the lesson she learned from it. Will be getting the next series when she reaches that age level.
on April 4, 2011
The author weaves true to life situations together in a way I believe preteens can relate to and find solutions for this perplexing stage of life.
on July 17, 2014
Great book for young Christian girls. Purchased book for granddaughter and she loved it, will look at buying the remainder in the series.
on December 23, 2012
this helps remind us that we need to start looking through different eyes instead of our own that is why i like this book so much
on November 13, 2015
I ordered the series 1 thru 5 for a little girl and she loves reading these I am so proud of her. It is improving her reading.
on June 9, 2014
This is an awesome book! I truly enjoyed it. I am looking forward to reading the entire series. Excellent reading for anyone.
on October 1, 2014
My daughter loved it couldn't put the book down