5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for people 8, 18, and 80.
I loved this book very much. I was given my copy when I was 3 and till this very day I still have the paperback edition.. I simply love it.. its not sophisticed like books that are impossible for the little ones to read.
Published on October 17, 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Got this book to read to my four-year-old granddaughter -- had heard great things about it. And I did like the story line, the characters, and the art work. HOWEVER, I found it very offensive that Percy was always referred to as "fat Percy." Fat people take enough abuse as it is without a character in a children's book being labeled as such. Couldn't he have...
Published 5 months ago by Dianne Berry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for people 8, 18, and 80., October 17, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Simple, May 26, 1998
This review is from: Friends (Paperback)
The gorgeous illustrations and simple story show the true beauty of friendship -- being able to spend time together, even if just doing ordinary things. It also teaches that true friends live in our hearts and that distance does not separate true friends. A wonderful book for people of ALL ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whimsy, sweetness & wonderful illustrations, November 26, 2002
This review is from: Friends (Paperback)
This absolutely charming tale is told simply, yet carries such a potent message about friendship -- such as thoughtfulness and consideration, teamwork and the art of compromise... and accepting differences. The illustrations are delightful and made my children and I laugh out loud. We can't wait to read "Friends Go Adventuring!" We're going to investigate all of Helme Heine's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal lovers� dream, March 4, 2004
Three good friends, a rooster, a mouse, and a pig, spend all day together having fun. They sail a boat, pick cherries, and go fishing. At night they try to stay together in each other's homes, but soon discover that each one has a home that is only suited for itself. So the friends realize they have to part for the night after all. But they still dream about each other. The book has no scary bits- -it might be a good place to start when discussing the plusses and minuses of sleepovers with young children. The book has about 500 words.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the sweetest books I ever read, October 20, 1998
This review is from: Friends (Paperback)
This book is not only for little children, even adults will love it for its lovely paintings and the impressive message of friendship.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply wonderful, September 19, 2010
This review is from: Friends (Paperback)
My parents read this book to me when I was a child, so I was overjoyed to revisit it with my own 2 year old daughter. The story is close to perfect, with a direct but important theme that is reinforced by the short length, simple narrative, and sweet tone. The watercolor illustrations are warm and inviting, the events are humorous, and the message will be well-received by readers of all ages. This classic, like all of Helme Heine's delightful books, deserves a space on every child's shelf!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites!, June 29, 2008
This review is from: Friends (Paperback)
I recently purchased this book for a baby shower that had requested in lieu of wrapping paper to buy the baby a book. I used to work as a library reference assistant and came across this book while shelving childrens' books. It is delightful with a good message about tolerance. The illustrations are beautiful! Highly recommended. I will purchase again and again along with The Story of Ping and Make Way for Ducklings.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad to find this book again!, February 10, 2010
This review is from: Friends (Paperback)
This was a favorite of my son's when he was young, and I was happy to find it again for him to share with his girlfriend's daughter. I made the mistake of giving away most of his books and now am tracking them down as either of us remember each one. I very much like the lesson that "Friends" teaches and the pictures are great. Who can help but smile with those happy friends on their adventures!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT book for a friend moving away, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Friends (Paperback)
This book is so sweet. I bought it for my 2 year old son's best friends as we were moving away. It is the perfect story for that situation, and also cute in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lessons of Friendship and Kindness, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Friends (Hardcover)
When I was little, I read and re-read this book and savored every delightful illustration. The story includes not only lessons of friendship, but also of the importance of being gentle to our animal friends. I buy this book for all the children in my life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Friends
Friends by Helme Heine (Paperback - May 1, 1997)
$6.99 $6.29