Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 30, 2012
I had the same problem with anything that had straps or draw strings would be torn apart by the lent screen handle. Emailed Frigidaire, no response. I bought a new lint filter, this did not help. When the dryer was just over 2 years old the handle broke off, and plastic housing started to crack. E-mailed again, still no response. Hubby attached new handle. Dryer is now 5 years old and the control panel caught on fire. Flames shot out of the top of the dryer. Sent e-mail they responded with " Sorry to hear about the fire glad everyone is safe. Please have a repairman look at the unit to determine the cause. The unit is no longer under warranty so you will have to pay for the call." I work for an electronic company so I took the control panel into them and guess what the fire started in the main board. I sent pictures of the control panel and of the dryer it's self (no other damage) and sent it to Frigidaire. Their response this time is I can buy a new control panel for $91 and the faceplate for $124. After researching this model further I found that many people have experienced shorts in the control panel causing dryer to shut off or lights and alerts to sound. We had none of that. It was working fine, then all of a sudden my daughter smelled burning electronics and melting plastic. Flames were coming out the top of the dryer's faceplate. My teenage daughter was able to put out the fire. Thank goodness w/o injury. Wish I could attach pictures. I did not buy this on Amazon, tho I was looking for a replacement when I stumbled across this.
on August 21, 2012
Anything with a thin strap is instantly destroyed in this piece of garbage. Might as well just go ahead and throw out all of your favorite things if you buy this crap. I WANT A REFUND and ALL my ruined clothes replaced
on August 28, 2013
The Dryer worked great until it did not. The Dial to select a cycle was always an issue it did not change cycles unless you turned it very slowly. Now it is totally none functional and is stuck on Normal and will not move. Then last week two nights in a row the dryer came on by its self I know sounds like it is haunted. But seriously my wife and I were in the room just yesterday when we both saw the timer light up and the dryer started. The service tech who we called said the control board was shorting out unplug it immediately. WOW. So new control board and timer $600.00 and service tech to install $275.00 repairs cost more then a new unit. This is a real Dog stay away a dryer should last longer then 2 years and 4 month.
on September 19, 2015
Everything the other folks are saying is TRUE!!! Ruined clothes are bad enough, but FIRE??? JEEZ.... I have to go OUTSIDE, and clean the lint out of the outside vent, as It has NEVER vented properly... and I bet I've lost $400 worth of clothing, before my family figured out NOT to use it. I live in a busy little cul-de-sac with about 30 twin homes, The subdivision being about two years old. The builders and developers selected these cheap pieces of crap to go in them, and in any given week you see at LEAST one sitting or by the curb! Mine is next! NEGATIVE 50 STARS! (I didn't buy these on Amazon, which is an AWESOME site...)
on December 19, 2012
My electrician and I just took apart this dryer because the motor burnt out. We notice the rubber gasket sealing the exhaust parts was approx. 1 millimeter thick and had broken, causing the insides of the dryer to accumulate lint. This caused the motor to burn out after 2.5 yrs., not to mention it was a fire hazard. This unit should not be approved by UL. We installed a new motor and sealed the exhaust parts with aluminum tape, which is what the factory should use.
Dont buy any Frigidaire dryers.
on September 30, 2015
There should definitely be a class action lawsuit against frigidaire if there's not already! The affinity dryer (and washer) has been our worst investment yet! Destroys clothes! Constantly breaking! We are absolutely disgusted with their products and customer service!!!
on December 13, 2015
Worst piece of junk I've ever owned. You would be just as well to tie your clothes onto the back of a your car and drag them on the hi-way. It spins and twists clothing into spiraled pieces of wrinkled, useless material. I thought I had somehow forgotten how to take care of clothes. My husband was complaining every day that his shirts were not wearable. This design is so bad the company should pay every owner of this machine a replacement fee for the clothes ruined.
on August 27, 2013
I would give it ZERO stars if that was an option. I have an Affinity Model FAQE7011KR Dryer paired with the matching washer. I didn't buy this on Amazon.

Last night it caught on fire. I got the fire out, no damage to the rest of my house, and upon dissecting the charred remains (it's 3 y 8 mos old and out of warranty) I discovered where the fire started along with it the MAJOR DESIGN FLAW, which makes the Dryer a DEATH TRAP. The duct leading from the burner and into the back of the drum has holes big enough to allow lint to fall backwards into the burner, causing a fire. Until there is a design change, DO NOT BUY!
on February 19, 2014
The machine I bought has had a repair man out 8 times since I bought the thing 14 months ago. Frigidaire refuses to fix the same problem now at 14 months since the warrentee has run out. THEY NEVER fixed the problem.
on November 24, 2014
I work on appliances and should have known better. The door is extremely cheap. The little holder clip has been replaced 3 times and is pricey for what it is. Luckily I can get it on the web fairly inexpensive but who wants to be working on their dryer? The 2 undersized screws that hold the door on is pathetic....really Frigidare? Did you test this piece of garbage? I think you should do the honorable thing give us our $ back and recall this to the scrap yard! I am with the guy that said -20 stars!