4.0 out of 5 stars A good dryer
Published 20 months ago by N. Glenn

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!
Published 23 months ago by Joco Mommy

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Frigidaire FAQE7001LW Affinity 7.0 Cubic Foot Electric Dryer with Ultra-Capacity and TimeWise Technolo, Classic White (Kitchen)
I had the same problem with anything that had straps or draw strings would be torn apart by the lent screen handle. Emailed Frigidaire, no response. I bought a new lint filter, this did not help. When the dryer was just over 2 years old the handle broke off, and plastic housing started to crack. E-mailed again, still no response. Hubby attached new handle. Dryer is now 5 years old and the control panel caught on fire. Flames shot out of the top of the dryer. Sent e-mail they responded with " Sorry to hear about the fire glad everyone is safe. Please have a repairman look at the unit to determine the cause. The unit is no longer under warranty so you will have to pay for the call." I work for an electronic company so I took the control panel into them and guess what the fire started in the main board. I sent pictures of the control panel and of the dryer it's self (no other damage) and sent it to Frigidaire. Their response this time is I can buy a new control panel for $91 and the faceplate for $124. After researching this model further I found that many people have experienced shorts in the control panel causing dryer to shut off or lights and alerts to sound. We had none of that. It was working fine, then all of a sudden my daughter smelled burning electronics and melting plastic. Flames were coming out the top of the dryer's faceplate. My teenage daughter was able to put out the fire. Thank goodness w/o injury. Wish I could attach pictures. I did not buy this on Amazon, tho I was looking for a replacement when I stumbled across this.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 year owner unit should be avoided, August 28, 2013
M. Quinn (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
The Dryer worked great until it did not. The Dial to select a cycle was always an issue it did not change cycles unless you turned it very slowly. Now it is totally none functional and is stuck on Normal and will not move. Then last week two nights in a row the dryer came on by its self I know sounds like it is haunted. But seriously my wife and I were in the room just yesterday when we both saw the timer light up and the dryer started. The service tech who we called said the control board was shorting out unplug it immediately. WOW. So new control board and timer $600.00 and service tech to install $275.00 repairs cost more then a new unit. This is a real Dog stay away a dryer should last longer then 2 years and 4 month.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible! AVOID, August 21, 2012
Anything with a thin strap is instantly destroyed in this piece of garbage. Might as well just go ahead and throw out all of your favorite things if you buy this crap. I WANT A REFUND and ALL my ruined clothes replaced

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy design shouldnt be on the market, December 19, 2012
My electrician and I just took apart this dryer because the motor burnt out. We notice the rubber gasket sealing the exhaust parts was approx. 1 millimeter thick and had broken, causing the insides of the dryer to accumulate lint. This caused the motor to burn out after 2.5 yrs., not to mention it was a fire hazard. This unit should not be approved by UL. We installed a new motor and sealed the exhaust parts with aluminum tape, which is what the factory should use.
Dont buy any Frigidaire dryers.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good dryer, November 11, 2012
We bought a matching set of frigidaire appliances for our washroom, it was a really good price and we like them a lot. The dryer is efficient and I can run a load from beginning of wash to end of dry in an hour or so. The clothes come out perfectly dry and are easy to retrieve through the door. The only complaint I would have is about the door, sometimes things get pulled into the edge and don't get fluffed back in with the other clothes causing wrinkles, this mainly happens to socks and cloth baby wipes, so it is not a big problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars CAUSED A FIRE!!!!, April 11, 2014
DO NOT BUY! Mine caught fire. Good thing I was paying attention. Makes me sad to hear so many other people have had problems with this dryer and Frigidaire customer service. I saved for this dryer and it was only 3 years old. Now I am without a dryer and it is going to be a long time before I can afford another one. I am just glad my two year old and I were not hurt. I will never buy another Frigidaire product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frigidaire DOES NOT stand by its products, February 19, 2014
The machine I bought has had a repair man out 8 times since I bought the thing 14 months ago. Frigidaire refuses to fix the same problem now at 14 months since the warrentee has run out. THEY NEVER fixed the problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars MINUS 20 STARS!, September 7, 2012
Do not buy a frigidaire dryer of any sort. Anything with a strap or zipper will get jammed. The motor on mine burned out after four years! Repairman said appliance was poor quality - not worth fixing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay AWAY from this DEATH TRAP, August 27, 2013
I would give it ZERO stars if that was an option. I have an Affinity Model FAQE7011KR Dryer paired with the matching washer. I didn't buy this on Amazon.

Last night it caught on fire. I got the fire out, no damage to the rest of my house, and upon dissecting the charred remains (it's 3 y 8 mos old and out of warranty) I discovered where the fire started along with it the MAJOR DESIGN FLAW, which makes the Dryer a DEATH TRAP. The duct leading from the burner and into the back of the drum has holes big enough to allow lint to fall backwards into the burner, causing a fire. Until there is a design change, DO NOT BUY!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruins clothes, July 25, 2012
Do not buy!!!! Anything with a spaghetti strap gets caught on the vent opening and the straps are either so stretched it ruined or the straps are broken right off. You also can't put anything with a drawstring which is popular on a lot of the new pants and long short styles. The nub at the end will catch in the door or the vent, it breaks the nub off. I don't usually have to throw these clothes out but its still frustrating. This dryer cost a bit of money and its junk as far as I'm concern...I have to air dry a lot of clothes that I should be able to do in this dryer but can't because of strap style or drawstrings.

I did not buy this thru Amazon.

Rate and Discover Movies