Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 16, 2009
Our refridgerater/freezer was somewhat small for our circumstances and we felt particularly short in the freezer part. So, when we were shopping in our local warehouse store we spotted this Frigidaire model and thought it might work. It was stark and utilitarian looking but we had a corner of the garage in mind for it's residence and the looks were fine. It fit the spot perfectly, and that was more important. Plus, the price was very reasonable. What more could you ask?

We've now had our freezer for six months and it has worked perfectly. it's quiet and efficient (it takes about $30 worth of electricity per year). At present time it is storing six turkeys, purchased at $0.37 per pound, frozen lasagna and several packages of frozen beef and pork. We haven't had to defrost as yet. We're totally satisfied with the freezer and are looking forward to years of service.

Gary Peterson
on October 22, 2009
This freezer works great. It is exactly as depicted and is a perfect size for a smaller space. The first freezer was damaged in shipment, but the vendor, ABT, was extremely helpful and replaced the freezer without any problems. Their service is fantastic, and the people at the Customer Service Department are real professionals.

I would highly recommend this freezer for any size household. I bought the manual-defrost to save energy costs.
on December 9, 2011
My only real complaint about this deep freeze is that it arrived dented on the top. Sometimes it hinders the lid from shutting properly. Make sure you inspect it before the delivery people leave! Otherwise, I like the design and size of this deep freezer.
on March 15, 2012
We have the freezer now for almost two month and so far so good. It arrived well packed and the delivery guy helped nicely to carry it upstairs and unwrap it and even suggested a test run. The freezer reached the cooling temperature quickly, it is pretty silent and the setup with the two casks is nice.
The thing I truly missed was something for the temperature measurement, not even a freezer thermometer included. Plus the position of the temperature control knob at the ... bottom left back of the freezer is aweful - and the knob extremely flimsy.

Update: More than 3 years in still working without problems and very quiet. One of the inner baskets has cracked on the rim though.
on October 6, 2012
We needed some extra freezer space for Costco items and this fits perfectly in our garage. It's quiet and hasn't increased our electricity bill. I left it open one night by accident and it still stayed cold under the baskets. I
Ike the baskets, but I wish there was something else to help with organizing. My mom and my seven year old have trouble reaching things at the bottom, so I wouldn't recommend it if bending over is difficult. My husband and I are tall so even getting stuff off the very bottom is no problem. I'm very happy with this choice.
on December 17, 2013
This is a great freezer, but it's not frost free, so you will have to defrost it periodically. What I like to do is unplug it and place a small space heater in it on a block of wood in the middle. This quickly raises the temp of the interior and the ice just falls to the bottom. I place a large towel on the bottom, so when the ice falls (or I have to gently scrape it for any really stubborn ice) I just take the towel, fold it up, and throw it into the washing machine. Load everything back into the freezer, and we're done. Whole process takes maybe 20 minutes, including unloading and reloading the food. It also gives you a chance to see what's at the bottom, as things at the bottom tend to get buried by more recent food purchases thrown on the top. Mine arrived with a dent, so I got free shipping and installation. Not a bad deal. It has 2 trays that sit in rails at the top to keep things easily within reach if you wish to use them. You can also take them out and just use it as a big frozen box.
on December 3, 2012
This freezer holds more than enough for my needs and has been an exellent purchase. I recommend it highly for all singles.
on February 23, 2013
Came in record time, Loved it!
on August 24, 2009
Quiet operation and good fit for my space. The 5 cubic foot freezer was too small and the 9 cubic foot was too large. [...].
on February 28, 2012
I received this product today earlier than expected, but after opening the box it appeared to have a small deep dent in the back left hand side of the freezer's door, and that's why it didn't receive a full 5 stars. However, customer service at ABT accommodated this damage by offering a few options, refunding the shipping costs ($78) or returning the product, but I chose the shipping costs refund, which should post in a few days to my account. Other than that, the product looks, and performs remarkably well as of right now. Customer service was excellent, and promised to look into the delivery service they use to address the damage to this product before delivery. In fact, I usually wouldn't accept nothing in this condition, since I purchased it as a brand new item, but it's clear that something happened along the way with shipping, and the dent only affected a small portion of the cosmetics in the rear of the door, everything else seems perfectly brand new. I would like to purchase more items from ABT if their shipping method becomes more reliable in protecting their products from damage before being delivered to customers.