Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on January 24, 2012
Based on various reviews (and limited local choices for microwave/convection ovens) I purchased this Frigidaire unit. I liked all of the features touted. And once you understood the programming, it was easy. And had the unit worked properly, I would have been very pleased. Unfortunately, it did not. Microwave worked; grill worked; convection was dead, dead, dead. And since that was my main reason for purchasing this type of microwave, I was out of luck. The turntable also made a grinding sound and the food container had to be placed "just so" to try to avoid the sound. Obviously that wasn't normal, either. Seems like I got the infamous token "lemon." So I contacted customer service. They are working with me and have been courteous...and while I expect a satisfactory resolution of the problem, it is taking a number of days to accomplish. This item is considered a "carry in" product, at about 50 lbs, so it's a cumbersome item to handle/carry. You don't want to have to do that chore more than once!

One major issue that really bothered me and was neither mentioned by my appliance store nor clearly stated on shipping box was that the warranty was pretty feeble. While it says it offers a 1-year limited warranty, the extensive list of what warranty "does not cover" ends with No. 14: "labor costs after 90 days from your original purchase date incurred for product repair or replacement as provided herein for carry-in appliances." I would have appreciated knowing that little detail before I bought this product.

The other thing that I found peculiar about this unit is that you change turntables when you are using the convection feature. You have a glass turntable for the microwave cooking, then you change to a coated metal turntable for the convection or grilling features. My old (beloved) microwave (another brand) just had the coated metal one for all functions. Less confusion, less annoyance, less chance to break the glass turntable.
on June 7, 2012
This microwave sounds great on paper. The convection oven was a handy feature and worked well, but heating times seemed to be longer than comparable ovens I've had. The big bummer was that after just 18 months - after the warranty period had expired - the microwave stopped heating. The money I would spend on a repair I will spend instead on a new microwave made by a more reliable manufacturer. This Frigidaire microwave replaced an old GE microwave that worked flawlessly for about 20 years, but I will probably go with a Kenmore this time, as their appliances always seem to be reliable.
on June 4, 2013
We've had this unit replaced twice. Now the third one is failing. It lights up and the fan works but it doesn't heat. All had the same issues. They want to REPLACE IT with another ONE. That would be number FOUR. Or a store credit. Getting money back from Fridgidaire is next to impossible.

RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT. They are not a manufacturer of products, they merely put their logo on it. The are only customer service, nothing else. That's what THEY told ME. Pretty much their exact words.
on June 9, 2011
This microwave is about average - does everything it is supposed to, and looks good. It is noisy to run, but I am not a big microwave user, so I can deal with it. And as for the clock (mentioned in the other review) I don't have a problem, since I just stick the food in and hit a cook time, never used the clock except to tell the time. (Didn't even know there was an am and pm on it - and I never even set the clock after the last power outage, honestly). So far, I have had it about 6 months, and I like it ok.
on September 8, 2012
I purchased this microwave at Best Buy and paid extra for the convection feature. After only six months of use, the display panel stopped working. That was inconvenient but ok, since I could still push the buttons (time, start, etc.) to use it. But after a month the microwave stopped working completely. It turns on when you program it and sounds like it is running, but doesn't heat the food at all. The crappy warranty doesn't cover labor, and it will cost almost as much to bring it in and have it repaired as it will be to buy new microwave -- definitely not Frigidaire next time.
on January 17, 2012
I love my Micro/convection oven. Because of its smaller size, it preheats in a fraction of the time my standard oven takes, and takes about the same time to bake. The microwave function works great. Easy to program. Just need to remember to use the glass or metal turntable as appropiate. Hardest thing is to get husband to use convection feature. Can't complain too much: he cooks AND washes dishes.
on November 15, 2013
i was so excited to get this model last year since it matched my other frigidaire appliances and had some great convection features. My joy lasted about 9 months.convection worked really well, heated much more evenly and efficiently at first. then the keypad stopped working intermittently. a couple of months later,the front button that opens the door kept popping off. the final coup de gras was when it went dead, dead, dead. i was furious as we did not use it that often. no kids in the house so no chance of that kind of wear and tear. what a rip off. i plan on raising cain until i get what i paid for . Worst buy ever!!!!!
on March 30, 2013
The display died after 15 months, just out of warranty. Apparently the whole computer board needs to be replaced. It sparked when we first got it. The convection process was very slow. Don't buy it.
on August 27, 2013
This unit failed completely after 20 months. My previous microwave lasted 20 years and is still working, Buyers should be aware that this is a disposable product. If it fails during warranty, you'll get another unit. If it fails after warranty, it's junk. There's no service manual, no parts list and parts are not available. Frigidaire told me they are now a reseller and not a manufacturer. They buy products from others and apply their brand name, that's it. I asked who the true manufacturer was, they didn't know. For what this unit costs, you can deal with other manufacturers that do support their products after the sale. Frigidaire does not.
on August 1, 2013
i purchased this product at a local appliance store and from day one it was a bad decision. withing 4 months i had to return it with my warrenty because the convection part wasnt heating. the company whirlpool electralux didnt understand my issues but were helpful.now the second one 18 months later doesnt work while on microwave option. no heat what so ever. worst product i have ever bought. i have decised to buy another brand like a kenmore because apparently this brand whom i though we could trust is making junk. very frustrating,save yourself the headache!!! needless to say im ordering a new microwave from amazon as we speak.

See 1 answered question