Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on June 24, 2010
The Freezer is excellent. I've had it for only a little while now, but already know it has the right amount of space for a single guy in an apartment. It holds temperature well.

The shipping company, CGLI, however! Sucked! They set up two appointments to deliver on work day afternoons with 4 hour windows. Then.... they didn't show up. They didn't offer to compensate for shipping. They didn't offer to compensate for the fact that I took leave for two days of work. On a third attempt I told them I had a meeting at 3:00 and should be able to make it home at 4:30. Set the delivery for 4:30. What do they do? The delivery guy gives me a call at approximately 2:50 and leaves a message "Ahhh, I'm here to deliver your package. Ahhh, I see your delivery time was 4:30. Ahhh, I thought I could come early, cuz Ahhh, I have other deliveries to make." Well no s---, you're a shipping company. Didn't attempt to call again or deliver it again at 4:30. Finally, I had enough, made arrangements with my apartment managers, which by the way, CGLI could have had sign at the 3rd attempt, but the delivery guy didn't even try. I made arrangements for them to deliver, and they finally did... 3 and a half weeks after the original ship/delivery date.

Bottom line, the Freezer's cool. Amazon should reconsider using CGLI as a shipping company.
33 comments68 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2011
Needing a little extra freezer space for my family of six (6), I was looking for a chest freezer with plenty of room inside but inconspicuous in my kitchen. I found both features with the Frigidare 7.2 cu. ft. chest freezer. It was "just right".
on April 14, 2013
Well, it is a box. It's white, and it gets and stays VERY cold.

My purchase price was $300, delivered, and this freezer has silently functioned for the last three years, not needing to be defrosted (manually done, I am told), or requiring any maintenance beyond a wipedown with a soft cloth and some windex.

In that time, I have easily saved three times the amount I spent by taking advantage of bulk prices in beef, fish, poultry, shellfish, pork and even frozen vegetables. The cost of 20lbs. of 85/15 ground sirloin is 20-40% lower than the per-pound cost in supermarkets.

I have suffered three power failures since 2010, one lasting for 3 days. Nothing thawed, no generator was needed, and there was no loss at all.

If you can find the space, this type freezer will be "money in the bank", as you pull out that "buy-one, get one free" chicken or chuck roast the same day that you noticed the 40% price increase at the market.

Makes you smile, it does!
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2011
This was a great find, especially for the price. It's a nice medium size, it's pleasant enough to look at it in your basement, it keeps things frozen -- a great feature in a freezer -- and it was pretty cheap. Only reservation is that it will need defrosting, but for the price, that's pretty reasonable.
on June 25, 2013
I have had this about two years and have had no problem. Easy to drain. I would recommend you buy a plastic scraper at your local auto store. Ice does build up over time and will need to be scrapped. It is just the right size for your garage.
on November 26, 2012
I have had this freezer for approx. 6 months; it is a great product for a number of reasons.

First, and most important, it's a quality product that works as a freezer should work. When the compressor is on (which isn't very often!), there is very little noise that emanates from the freezer box. It is very well insulated, and this results in low operating costs; I believe the estimate for annual electricity consumed amounts to $64 . . . that's pretty cheap. Lastly, although the unit has a small footprint, it stores a significant amount of food.

If you're looking for a small freezer, this one is near perfect.
on February 2, 2016
We have had this deep freeze for several years, and when it was around 2 or 3 years old, it just decided to stop working one day, randomly, and we lost about 1/8 cow's worth of beef, as well as other items. Had a repairman come out and he was able to fix a thermostat, and it has worked ok since, but the repairman said this was a common problem with this brand for deep freezes. It holds plenty for a family of 2-4. At max capacity, we had a 1/4 beef, 1/2 hog, and various fruits/veggies in bags. It holds plenty, but I do not know I would buy it again after having it quit on us.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2012
I got this for the family for extra storage and wow what a blessing it is for us the size is ideal and fits just where we want to keep it. The compressor is very quite and powerful and most importantly the price was right. I love it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse