5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
I researched ovens for a while and low and behold the old oven went belly up just as I was starting to look into ovens
It was old and probably wasting energy so instead of income tax time I had to buy and oven BEFORE THANKSGIVING!!
didn't get it before Thanksgiving, but got it at an incredibly low price hooked it up myself and couldn't be happier.

Dee...
Published 21 months ago by Dwayne K. Johnson

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Oven Ever - And Dangerous!
Published 22 months ago by Jennifer McKim

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Oven Ever - And Dangerous!, November 19, 2012
Jennifer McKim (Foster City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frigidaire FFGF3047LS 30" Freestanding Gas Range with Ready-Select Controls and Sealed Gas Burners, Stainless Steel
This range was in our kitchen when we purchased our home last year. The kitchen had been remodeled and the oven was brand new. I cook A LOT and it gets dangerously hot on the top of the range when using the oven - if you have young children like I do, I strongly caution you not to purchase this range. For example, if you're baking something and also using the top burners, and you've left a metal spoon on the top of the range, when you go to grab the spoon to stir what's cooking, watch out, if you forget to use a pot holder, YOU WILL BE BURNED and if you're like me you'll throw the spoon in the air after forgetting (again). On the plus side, if you need to defrost something quickly (currently defrosting frozen fruit while baking cookies), this is excellent. But, if you proof bread, don't leave it top of the range if the oven is on, IT WILL GET TOO HOT and kill your yeast!!

I called Electrolux/Frigidaire for months and had the range tested several times - it's just a low end model with poor insulation and no engineering fix to correct the excessive heat. So dangerous! And, the broiler is horrible - it's in the bottom of the range (where you typically store pots/pans), but you can't store anything in the drawer and good luck lifting hot meats from the bottom of the range (without burning the kids!!) without spilling everywhere - HORRIBLE design! Convinced yet? I just cannot say enough bad things....would NEVER purchase this model and brand again. Customer service also very disappointing - they do not take safety issues seriously or handle well at all (at their own admittance by the end of my ordeal!!).

2.0 out of 5 stars Oven gets VERY hot on outside of range...., June 15, 2013
I am extremely unhappy with this oven. The oven when turned on gets unbelievably hot both at the top of the range and on the front panel of the oven. I have had it melt thick Rubbermaid tupperware sitting anywhere on top of the stove, and the front panel is HOT to the touch. I was told by Frigidaire that it is normal that there is no insulation in the front door panel, and to keep children away from it. Try keeping small children away from that! This stove is dangerous!

Also, do not leave anything on or near the range while baking. The worst part is Frigidaire thinks that this is acceptable performance. I also agree that having the broiler in the bottom drawer is not good. The drawer is difficult and awkward to open and close, which is not good when trying to broil, well, anything. I hate losing the storage from that drawer as well. The oven also bakes uneven. There is a hotspot in the back left, and frequently the oven cooks faster or slower than it should. Anything you cook in this oven has to be babysat, and I keep an oven thermometer in the oven because I do not trust its temperature reading, it's been inaccurate so many times.

On the positive side, the range burners are ok. The Quick Boil burner does boil water quickly, and the grates are easy to throw in the dishwasher to clean.

1.0 out of 5 stars Glass oven door exploded after two years, September 2, 2014
I had a similar model Frigidaire gas range installed new by the seller when I purchased my home two years ago. After just two years of light use, the center pane of glass inside the oven door shattered - when the oven wasn't even on and nobody was in the room. The interior and exterior panes of glass on the door were intact; so I'm not sure how that is even possible except to chalk it up to a serious manufacturing defect I didn't realize it right away, but tiny pieces of glass were falling out of the bottom of the oven door -- which I noticed the next day after I dug little glass shards out of my feet. Because the oven is one year out of the (one-year) warranty period, the company would not replace the door: And the "corporate manager" I spoke to was remarkably unconcerned about the dangerous nature of this defect. If you search for "exploding oven doors," you will see that this has happened to other Frigidaire ranges in the past. As a friend put it: "Exploding oven doors should not be 'a thing.'" I will NEVER buy another Frigidaire product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 8, 2013

Dee down in Austin.

1.0 out of 5 stars RECALL REQUESTED - UNSAFE, DANGEROUS, BAD DESIGN, August 13, 2014
A. Drefahl (Muskego, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Bad design, unsafe, should be recalled immediately. A poor design is one where a manufacturer takes a previously innocuous feature of almost every oven on the market, like a lower storage drawer, and turns it into a serious hazard. I recall the packaging tape saying do not use for storage. But, you know, past experience tells you that broiler pans and kitchen items are normal to put down there. Since that is what I've done with every range I've ever had or seen since childhood.

My babysitter, not knowing that the lower drawer was a A BROILER [who puts a broiler in a storage tray???] was cleaning up, put some cutting boards down there and proceeded to make tater tots in the oven. Something started to smell, we thought, oh, burn in. Well, flames started to shoot out the back and front. Not burn in ... FIRE! Luckily, our extinguisher was on hand. What should be a short story [use oven as an oven, and a bottom tray as a place for storing bulky kitchen items] became a smoke remediation nightmare in our new addition, with a babysitter and kids forever spooked about using an oven to make a snack. So, I looked up the feature online, and could not find another range on the market with a {I so want to drop F bombs here] broiler in the lower tray. Maybe they had warming trays or dual ovens, but a stupid BROILER. I'm usually very unforgiving of "user error" since it is in most circumstances, a user's stupid decision. But, this BROILER in the storage tray stumped every one I've asked. Have you ever seen one down there? No.

And, wouldn't you think they would permanently affix some label saying that the lower tray is actually a FLAMING BROILER TRAY????

I hate Frigidaire.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not use this company again, March 8, 2013
We received two of these ranges and both were really damaged and had to go back. I would not recommend this company at all. We ended up purchasing a range locally.