1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after less than a year, April 3, 2008
Phil (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frigidaire : Gallery Series Built-In 24 inch Dishwasher STAINLESS STEEL
We bought our Frigidaire dishwasher when we moved into our new house. It has not yet been a year and the control board is already broken....

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't ever buy from Frigidaire. You will be sorry, February 3, 2007
We bought a Frigidaire dishwasher last summer. It never worked and it fact we had to stop using it because we felt it was dangerous. There is a design flaw in many Frigidaire dishwasher models (check out epinions) that causes the electronic control board to malfunction. From what I can tell it has something to do with where it is in relation to the steam venting from the hot water. The best case scenario is that your dishwasher doesn't work. The worst case is that it will start a fire. Frigidaire's idea of customer service is to replace the same defective part over and over again and failing that to give you another defective and dangerous dishwasher. And their customer service is horrible. They do things to purposely make you angry (like when they escalate your call to a supervisor they leave you on hold for a long time hoping you will hang up). A responsible company would recall these appliances and fix them appropriately. I feel confident that if their dishwasher kills someone in a fire they will just have their attorneys blame it on the customer. Protect your family. Don't buy Frigidaire.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't put your family at risk by buying this dangerous dishwasher, November 13, 2009
I bought a Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher from a major retailer this week. It was installed today. I placed a few slightly soiled plates in the top and bottom racks. About 40 minutes into the cycle the machine just stopped. The dishwasher was blinking "PF" (Power Failure as I learned from a Google search) and blinking green above "hi temp wash" and "air dry," although I had not selected those buttons. I had selected "Normal Wash" and "Start" only. I inspected the dishes and found some food particles washed off, but with white streaks added that made the dishes look dirtier. I called the salesperson who sold me this dishwasher; she referred me to a service number. I called that number and was told that they could not get a repair ("repair"--I just bought the thing) person out for another week. I called the salesperson back and left a message on her cell phone that I wanted the defective dishwasher picked up and returned to the store. I haven't heard back from her.
The washer was also grinding, as in a metal part grinding against other metal and making a whirring noise that sounds like a worn fan belt in a car engine. I also noticed a slight hot plastic smell. Alarmed, I Googled "Frigidaire Gallery dishwashers" and found photo after photo of burnt and melted fronts of Frigidaire dishwashers, melted control boards, and a partially melted countertop above one dishwasher. I love my family and pets too much ever to leave them alone in a house with this dishwasher; several commentors stated that the control board melted or a fire started when they were not at home. This was so frightening that I wanted to share my experience in hopes that a tragedy might be averted. In my opinion, Frigidaire is unconscionable for allowing such dangerous units to be sold.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible dishwasher, March 18, 2012
we bought ours less than two years ago because it was supposed to be the quietest from lowes......what a joke...it takes TWICE as long to wash because of the "quiet" feature and NOW it is making SO MUCH NOISE it's ridiculous..
...the one that we had before LASTED Almost 20 years---wish i could remember what it was.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, October 12, 2009
We bought a 6 year old house with matching Frigidaire Gallery Stainless appliances. So far in the past 4 months, we had to have the freezer repaired, the stove repaired, and now the dishwasher. On a good point, the microwave has worked flawlessly. That should blow up in a week or two.

In my experience, Bosch are worth the price, built great and quiet. Not sure about Bosch's customer service because their products don't break so I never had to call.