Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Frigidaire Gallery FGHB2844LF, 27.8 Cubic Ft French Door Refrigerator, Stainless Steel
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 11, 2012
I bought this refrigerator in April of 2011 for a new home we purchased. The refrigerator and freezer section seems to be ok, but the ice maker was less than stellar from the beginning. At 6 months the ice maker started to make strange grinding noises and was very loud. It stopped working altogether and I called for service. Fridigaire was less than cooperative in supplying me with a service person in my area and were generally rude. The ice maker started to work again after I shut if off, cleaned out the ice tray, and let it defrost for a while. It worked at varying levels until June 2012 when it gave up all together. Fridigaire is owned by Electrolux. There is currently a class action lawsuit against Electrolux for a defective ice maker of similar design and using common parts. I am currently working on expanding this class action lawsuit to include the FGHB2844LF4 FRIDIGAIRE. I will update this review when I have more information. Meanwhile, DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT OR ONE SIMILAR.
7474 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2012
We've had this model since October 2010 and in that time we've had 4 service calls on it, each one resulting in multiple trips by a technician. Every technician complained what a poor design this ice maker is--"you can't make ice in a refrigerator." Either it stopped making ice or it froze up so bad it took days to thaw out. The 3rd call was placed 9 days after the one year warranty expired, so Frigidaire denied the replacement. I complained enough and they did extend the warranty for another year at least. This last call is going on 2 months since it stopped working. In that time the technician has been out 6 times and it's still not fixed. The Techline is telling him to replace the control board--again! This makes the 4th one. I've contacted the store where I bought it to see if they can intervene on our behalf. Frigidaire customer service has not been helpful. It's really too bad because I love the fridge otherwise. It's great having the large shelves and drawers. This was our first ice/water dispenser so we're really disappointed. It's really turned me off to Frigidaire.
44 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2013
We've had this Frigidaire refrigerator for two years, and every day we regret having purchased it, mostly due to the horrible ice maker. It leaks, it freezes up, it quits making ice, it makes grinding noises in the middle of the night, and it requires that we shut it off and restart it after 24 hours, and "HOPE" that it starts making ice again!

With all the bagged ice I've had to buy at 7-11 in the last two years, I could have bought a different refrigerator!

Frigidaire customer service was absolutely no help at all. They keep telling me that the water filter needs replacing. B.S.!!!

**UPDATED REVIEW 4/2014: That's it...I give up. I quit. The 3-year old refrigerator has been put out of its misery and is now sitting on the curb waiting for the junk-man to come pick up this piece of crap. For three long years we have had to deal with puddles of water on the floor where the ice (when we were lucky enough for this unit to decide to make ice!) in the storage container simply defrosted and melted all over the wood floor. We have had to listen to the unit make all sorts of grinding and clunking sounds all through the night, and after six, yes SIX, service calls and hundreds of dollars spent on repairs, the refrigerator side of the unit wouldn't cool any longer so all of our food was spoiled.

Shame on you, Frigidaire, for not standing behind a poorly designed product. Initially, I called your customer service many times for help, and only after threatening legal action did you offer minimal support for parts. However, when the service tech arrived to completely replace the faulty ice maker (I paid for labor), you would not replace the parts requested by the tech, and the problems were never resolved. BUYER BEWARE OF THIS MODEL!
on March 14, 2013
We purchased this refrigerator in October of 2012. The service man has now been here 3 times. Contrary to other reviews, the ice maker in ours actually works well for our family of 3. Our problem is the puresource filter. I've come to learn, from the service tech, that they are notorious for breaking. The plastic actually just breaks. I'm told its due to the water pressure in my home, however, the service tech checked the pressure and it is well below the recommended maximum. After 4 months, it has gone through 3 filters (all broken not worn out) at 45$ each. Of course filters are NOT covered under warranty. I'm told that frigidaire actually recommends bypassing the filter as a fix. It doesn't seem right that I had to pay 2k for a refrigerator that provides filtered water via the door only to be told by the manufacturer that I should bypass the filter. I forgot to mention that when the filter breaks, which it does without notice, it then leaks water all over the refrigerator and down into the freezer before running out on your kitchen floor. Again......DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless of course you want to spend the extra 50$ every month or so for a new filter
on June 26, 2012
This model looks nice and has good space however the ice maker in this unit is horrible. It worked fine for about 1 year then shot craps. We had 7-8 repair visits and after throwing part after part at it we are having to replace the unit (luckily under an extended warranty). The different techs that came out said it was a new design and is very complicated with many moving parts. The design was discontinued by Fridgidaire after this one model year.

I will not buy Fridgidaire ever again nor would I recommend it to anyone. They should have "taken this on the chin" and issued a recall on this unit. Since they chose to bury their heads in the sand I will never knowingly spend another penny on anything Fridgidaire.
on June 28, 2012
I finally got a new refrigerator - the Fridgidare Gallery with French Doors. It's gorgeous, however, the icemaker is terrible. It is very slow and we have to buy ice to keep up, and honestly we don't use that much. It takes at least 24 hours to refill and it is small container. They have replaced it once, still works badly. I'm waiting to hear from them again.

Well, I've had this fridge for a year and the ice maker has been replaced 4 times. It is still not working, no ice at all. Waiting again for a repairman
on August 11, 2014
We own this exact model and, while it looks nice and has some great features for the money, it is put together very poorly, it occasionally makes weird noises, the quality of workmanship is poor, we have had service techs here multiple times trying to get the doors to close and keep a seal. Bottom line, we will not by Frigidaire ever again. We bought the complete line for our kitchen and we are generally not happy with any one of our appliances.
on June 30, 2014
We bought ours three years ago and I can't tell you how many times we've had to have it serviced. We bought the five year extended warranty, otherwise, it would have been replaced by now. First off, couldn't get it level. Only the front is adjustable. Our floor is a little higher in the back so even with the front as high as it can go, it's not level. Very poor fit, drawers drop out of slides and jam. When the ice maker does work, it is very very slow. Even with just two adults, we can run out of ice. Very cheap design, they took every possible penny out. The clamp for the 120VAC cord is just metal with nothing to protect the cord from the bracket. The latest problem was caused by the two light bulbs melting the plastic liner just above the bulbs. Who designs something like that? If you leave the door open too long, the plastic melts. It probably happened during one of the extended service calls. I spent ~$5,000 on what I thought were a better than average if not premium set of appliances. The refrigerator is the worst, but we have issues with the other Gallery appliances purchased.
on November 5, 2012
We bought our refrigerator during the summer of 2011 and, thankfully, also purchased a 5-year warranty. The refrigerator and freezer are wonderful - very spacious and well designed. The icemaker, though, is trouble. We have had 3 service calls related to the icemaker: either producing too much ice (and not shutting off) or it has frozen the water line causing the water dispenser to not work and no ice to be produced. (In fact, we just set up another service call because of the frozen water line.) It also produces way too much ice for just two of us so we often find ourselves dumping the ice every few weeks. If we had to do it all over again, we would probably go with a different product.
on October 7, 2012
I have purchased the 1st unit in August of 2010 by December the water line was freezing up, the dealer had the repairmen out 4 times without fixing the problem. They finally replace the unit in March of 2011 now in 2012 the lines froze up again and I placed a baffle over the hole between the freezer and Refrigerator which fix the problem. Now the ice maker is leaking water as the ice melts and the unit is out of warranty and the dealer is out of business. I understand that the fan unit in the ice maker has failed but I have not confirmed.

1 year warranty says it all and I heard that extended warranty are not worth it as many are scam as few actually do as they promise.

My comment is don't buy any appliance from Frigidaire unless you like your appliance repairman.