1.0 out of 5 stars consumer, December 5, 2006
This review is from: Frigidaire PLMBZ209GC 2.0 Cu. Ft. Built-In Microwave Oven with 1200 Cooking Watts, 9 Sensor Settings (Kitchen)
Not very happy with mine. The sheet metal on the top of the microwave vibrates loudly when in use since the very first use. And recently heard a loud pop while in the middle of reheating a plate of food. The glass plate inside had cracked. Called customer assistance and that was a nightmare.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a dangerous item - DO NOT BUY!, April 19, 2009
Bry (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
We bought this microwave in April 2005. The model number is slightly different (PLMB209DCC) but other than the last three digits it is the same microwave. Overall it was a good microwave, albeit very expensive (about twice the cost of the typical microwave).

About a week ago (April 2009 - yes, the microwave is 4 years old) the microwave started to make a funny noise. Then today while melting a quarter cube of butter with the timer set for 15 seconds the inside of the microwave caught fire. It wasn't a fire in the food area of the microwave. It was from something in the electronics area behind the touch pad. The fire melted a hole in the side wall inside the microwave and when I opened the door I had to blow out the flames. I took pictures and I'll see if I can upload them.

I've contacted the manufacturer but they haven't responded yet. Presumably, the microwave I bought is made with the same parts that they're using for the new version of this model. With that in mind, I highly recommend that you go with a different model or brand for safety sake. After all, despite the fact that there was a fire, wouldn't you want your microwave to last longer than 4 years? Our last one lasted more than 20 years and we threw it away because it looked old, not because it didn't work.

Good luck finding your new microwave! I hope Frigidaire starts making a better product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Honest detailed review, August 7, 2010
I have never felt compelled to write a review in my life, until now; if I am going to spend the time to do it, it better be accurate and thorough. I hope this helps somebody who is thinking about buying this product. :)

As I'm sure you will be aware of if you look at the other reviews, EVERYONE customer from Amazon, Best buy, and Consumer Reports gave this microwave an awful rating. Amazon doesn't even sell this product anymore because it is so bad. This Microwave was expensive and broke very quickly for no reason. It IS beautiful, and works well while it works, which isn't very long at all. It was relatively new when we moved in and broke within three months. For some reason I think this model (and just the brand in general) is prone to malfunction. When it broke I found that many others had the exact problem with their microwave that I had with mine. To see the common malfunction go to [...]

Save your time and money and look for a different brand, or if you really want this brand, at least buy a different model. For the amount you will end up spending on a new one or to fix it (still very pricey-$150-$200 for part alone), you might as well buy one for double the price that will last. Don't be deceived by the flashy appearance, or the false positive reviews. If you are thinking "but there are some really positive reviews too, so it has to be okay right?" This is a very normal reaction as those reviews do look very convincing. If you are still torn, please read ahead.

Don't be fooled by AJ Madison (ALL the positive reviews). They still sell this microwave and want it to look good for their own profit. It's pretty fishy that their reviews are the exact opposite of everyone else that wrote a review. If you notice the positive reviews, ALL of them come from AJ Madison, and none of them from another source. Coincidence??

1.0 out of 5 stars Fire Hazard!, September 17, 2009
Just had a fire in my microwave last night. Not even worth one star,any suggestions on how to deal with manufacturer?

I would like to amend this entry to say that through the Better Business Bureau I received fair treatment and compensation for the faulty product. Electrolux Liability Department saved face for this company, though it took lodging a complaint through the BBB to get communication moving in the right direction. I advise anyone wishing to pursue a claim regarding an Electrolux manufactured product, head directly for the Liability Department and don't waste time in customer service. The Customer Service Department is not equipped to handle complaints and the threshold for dealing with resolution is very low.

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks in 2 years, September 14, 2010
Since 2007 we have bought two and they both broke. The warranty is only for 1 year, but it breaks after a year and a half. I bought the second one, the same model since i have a frame for that, and that one broke after 2 years of normal usage (family of 3).
Now it's better to change the frame and buy a different model; two failing w/in a couple of years is too much.