Questions & Answers
4.1 out of 5 stars (1,448)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 questions
vote
We ended calling Frigidaire and they sent a technician a couple of weeks later to install a retrofit part in the housing of the water filter. It worked for a few weeks (the cartridge stopped "kicking out"). However, coincidental or not, the dispenser stopped dispensing water about a month afterwards. Rather than spend money to fix the problem, we ended up getting a new refrigerator because we were frustrated by the whole ordeal.
Nov 5, 2013 by Always On Time
votes
It shouldn't. Try flushing a few gallons of water through the filter. I think the old clear style filter had instructions to flush the filter after installing. Don't worry about running too much water through the filter. As far as I can tell, the light for replacing the filter is based on time in service, not by gallons/liters of water consumed.
Jul 15, 2013 by NotSure
votes
The filter will accumulate gross stuff and allow water to still pass. There is a bypass module you can buy. But not sure it fits the older models. I would rather remove it completely IMHO.
Jan 5, 2014 by Amazon Customer
votes
The ones I have ordered in the past did the same thing for several minutes, but eventually cleared up. But 10 minutes sounds a little long.
Mar 31, 2014 by Gary Govro
votes
I've never had this problem. It could be air bubbles in the first few glasses of water. Sometimes it takes awhile to purge the air out of the new filter.
Jun 9, 2013 by clay K. Pinnick
votes
I don't know. You'll have to check the manufacturer. We don't have fluoridated water. The local rubes voted it down.
10 days ago by joseph Bedell
votes
We haven't had any problems with ours. Could be defective or perhaps you have a clog?
Oct 30, 2014 by allpraiserising
votes
Make sure that you pushed the new filter all the way in and that you removed the 2 plastic protectors from the filter prior to the installation.
Jul 2, 2014 by VP
votes
Replacement for Frigidaire filters FC-100, FC100, WF2CB, SWF2CB, NGFC 2000, NGFC2000, NGFC-2000. Look at the specs on the filter in your frig and see if any of the listed filters match yours.
Apr 19, 2014 by Willie L. Hill, Jr.
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers