Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on June 29, 2012
For almost two years I just thought my Fridgidaire refrigerator was just slow to make ice and super slow to fill my glass with water. I do use a lot of ice when I make a drink so I also thought it was just me. It wasn't until my filter light on the fridge came on that I decided to buy a new filter. I ordered this filter and a few days later it ended up at my house. I put it in and I could NOT believe that for the past two years I've been just dealing with a bad filter. I put the new one in and my water is pouring out very fast and the ice maker is going crazy. I can't even keep up with the amount of ice it's producing. So...if anyone out there is having issues with their ice maker and water dispenser, you may just have to buy a new filter.

Brad
55 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2014
Recently purchased, i don't know how long this unit will last but I thought I could clear up some confusion on these. Unit has to be purged after installing otherwise you will get this very nasty taste for gallons and gallons of water. I ran about a half gallon of water through the dispenser, pulled the filter, and shook all the water out in the sink. Repeated two more times, except dispensed about a quart out before pulling. Bad taste gone.
I found this out by googling service websites, where i found that Frigidaire makes a bypass valve for these filters. So if you don't really need the filter, just want the water flow, contact Frigidare @ 706-860-4110 and order part # 242294502. $34, free ship. You won't find that part number on their website btw, or that telephone number. Took a bit of searching and listening to mood music for hours while i was on hold ...but worth the wait. ; )
on April 6, 2012
I have good country well water and did not want to filter it. But I bought my side-by-side Frigidaire refrigerator (Model # BFHS2611LM1) with a built-in ice maker and water dispenser in the front door. It came with one of these filters. Recently the fridge started to leak from just behind where the filter screws in.

I initially thought that the leak was a clogged filter (then 8 months old), so I bought one here, THEN discovered that no, it's a cracked filter-feed line (being fixed on warranty).

Meanwhile, it's clear that if I bought a filter every year then that's basically $400 over the 10-year life of the refrigerator -- half the price of the refrigerator. And, again, I don't want my excellent well water filtered.

When I complained of this to the Frigidaire warranty guy, he informed me that I could buy a "bypass filter" from Frigidaire for about $50 delivered. Basically, it's an empty shell filter that thus never has to be changed.

So, if you're like me and don't want your water filtered, then exercise that "bypass" option. I've since complained to Frigidaire corporate that they should just furnish the fridge with the bypass filter up front and then let each customer decide to replace with a real filter -- or at least clearly inform them of the bypass option. They said they'd consider it.

Otherwise, this filter plugged in just fine and I don't have any negative feelings about it, other than I don't want it. So 5-stars for that reason only.
99 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2011
My original lasted about two months, and the fridge never told me I needed to change it. I changed it because my ice maker wasn't keeping up and our door water flow seemed a bit weaker. Everything was back to normal a couple of days after replacement. But then it too started having the same effects, only sooner. And again, no notice from the fridge nor do I have any indication that the filter is bad. Only that the ice maker is making smaller ice, thus not keeping up with our needs. And the water flow at the door seems a bit weaker. Anyone else notice these issues?
2626 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2015
The product arrived was identical to the filter factory installed in our refrigerator. We have lived in the home for 4 years, and never thought to replace it, until the water from the refrigerator door started tasting different. A simple push of the old filter, I was able to remove, and easily inserted this new one with a quick push. The old filter was several times heavier. After installing, I ran the water dispenser on the door to get the air out of the filter for the 4 minutes it requested on the package. I however, still noticed air in the system, so I removed and then reinserted the filter, ran the water, and all worked well.

I recommend this product and was amazed at how much of a difference the new filter made.
on December 27, 2015
Packaging was simple, but the product is great. Our water isn't running so slow out of the refrigerator anymore. The package states it will last 300 gallons or 6 months, whichever is first. I'll be ordering this next time. I spend $30 on our last one. great product at a great price!
on January 3, 2013
Great price for the replacement filter, fit right in as advertised. Noticed an increase in the water flow right away.
on January 11, 2016
These filters work perfectly. I have bought several of them. They are less than buying them from a dealer. I will continue to buy them. They are very easy to install and last as long or longer than the one that came from the factory.
on October 12, 2012
At some time the greedy refrigerator manufacturers decided selling you a new refrigerator every 10 to 20 years wasn't enough. First came selling you a maintenance agreement. When enough of the public wised up to that rip-off, the manufacturers took a clue from other product manufacturers and created a consumable, the water filter (almost entirely unnecessary unless your water quality is poor), that must be replaced every few months (Silly me. I thought food was the consumable for a refrigerator). Some were consumer conscious enough to offer a bypass (that you often had to buy but it was at least a one time expense only) that made the filter no longer necessary. My new refrigerator's ice maker won't work without a filter and no bypass is offered. So I'm buying filters now, though only when absolutely necessary, i.e., the old one is completely clogged and water will no longer flow through it. No aftermarket filter is available (yet, I hope) so I'm stuck with buying the manufacturer's filter. What should I say about it? It fits and water flows through it. For these reasons I give it three stars. Because the manufacture requires one at all, and even at Amazon's price it's rediculously expensive, I can't give it a higher rating.
on January 17, 2015
Have been buying these from Amazon for years now...makes me wonder...
I have a zero water pitcher. With this pitcher came a TDS meter. You're supposed to replace those filters when the meter reads 006.
So, just recently my fridge filter light came on and I decided to test the water. It read around 160 which is the same as my tap water. Seeing that the fridge filter was doing nothing anymore, I went ahead and ordered a replacement from 1 Stop Camera & Appliances. Even though I get my drinking water from the zero water pitcher, I still use the fridge's ice maker. Now, it's been a few days since the new filter has been installed and I should mention that we cycled the water as recommended. I just thought to test the water from the fridge filter water today. I wanted to see how much the filter improves on the tap water. Well, to my surprise, the water from the fridge with the "new" filter has somehow made the water worse. I've repeatedly tested water from all three sources, the pitcher, the tap and the fridge. The pitcher reads 000 every time, the tap reads around 160 and the fridge reads around 600. Yes, 600. Not sure how this is, but the "new" fridge filter has worsened my tap water by almost 5 times.
I've just contacted the seller. We'll see how that goes. At this point I'm left with just two possible conclusions...either I received a very defective filter, or they're selling used filters. Either way, I won't be purchasing these filters on Amazon anymore.
This really has me wondering about the quality of some of the other products I purchase on Amazon.