5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift !
Picked up 3 of these for my kids for Christmas gifts. Big hit! everyone loved how easy they were to connect to their phones and the sound quality was much better than expected. They have used them while working out, cooking in the kitchen and getting ready in the morning. Biggest challenge was picking out the best color.
Published 24 months ago by JTC

3.0 out of 5 stars Hotbox S6 Review
Decided to write a review, since there were not many, and I thought it would be helpful to others.

The Good things:
1. The sound quality is nice. It surely helps when I use this as a speaker as compared to my phone's speaker. The sound is loud, but don't expect it to be very very loud.

2. It connects easily. It got connected (paired) to my phone...
Published 19 months ago by Ankush Tyagi

3.0 out of 5 stars Hotbox S6 Review, May 7, 2013

The Good things:

2. It connects easily. It got connected (paired) to my phone within seconds (Samsung Galaxy S3). Also to my ipad, it did take sometime, but finally got paired. There was no problem in getting paired with devices. I didn't try to pair it yet with my laptop, but don't see a problem with that.

3. The features I like - battery backup and bluetooth functioning. I am using this kind of a product for the first time, and I liked that it didn't require any wires which was great. I can keep it any where. The good thing is that I used my Samsung S3 phone charger to charge it, and it served the purpose. I am yet to test the battery life yet.

The Not so Good things:
1. The size is really small. Not a negative point for many, but I was expecting it a little bigger, after seeing photographs. It is tiny, but I actually didn't see the proper dimensions on the website, not sure if they have mentioned it.

2. The phone functionality - as connecting and speaking through my phone is concerned, didn't happen. I am not sure, if it is specific to Samsung S3 or other phones as well. It did connect on bluetooth and played music, but I couldn't talk using it. This didn't make me too happy.

3. There are occasionally some sound disturbances while playing music. It is not as great as playing using a audio cable using a direct connection. The bluetooth does have some disturbances at times. I am not sure, why these sound disturbances were coming. This also didn't make me too happy with the quality.

Overall Verdict
I think, depending on the cost, this is not a bad purchase. It surely helps to improve the music experience, connects easily and plays loud music. Best thing is that it is without wires. They should continue making improvements to the features. I would recommend this to others, provided they know what are the "Not so good things" in the product. Also, I feel that it would help if more people give their reviews, so that people thinking to buy this can make a good judgement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., January 12, 2014
This review is from: FrogEye BT-S6-5 HotBox S6 Wireless Speaker-Purple (Electronics)
Purchased this at my local Frys Electronics expecting good things,and all I can say is what a disappointment. Package feels very heavy leading me to believe this was a good product, but once you take it out of its packaging it's so lite a good sneeze will send it flying! The sound itself once hooked up to my iPod was pathetic. Not much louder than my iPhones internal speakers. Back to the store it went. Have you ever purchased something you were so disappointed in that you had to ask yourself "really"? This was that for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Speaker, October 28, 2013
It is easy to set up and sync--and being able to plug devices in is great, if you still have older devices. Great sound. Great price. Only downside is that it take awhile to charge the battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift !, January 1, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 23, 2012
I have had this speaker for a couple of days. It was very easy to get it to sink with my phone. This speaker has better sound that I had hoped for.

FrogEye BT-S6-5 HotBox S6 Wireless Speaker-Purple