5.0 out of 5 stars Be Dry & Don't Die
Published 16 months ago by TangoLima61

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Small or Ultra-Lite
First, let me say that this poncho seems very well made, but considering the size and weight, it may be going back.

Published 10 months ago by Bob Akimbo

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Dry & Don't Die, June 6, 2013
This poncho is light enough to toss into my backpack EVERY TIME I intend to be out and about...It can double as a small shelter, too, actually. Much less cumbersome than the US military poncho I'm used to. It is made of a lighter-duty material which could be punctured fairly easily, but I highly recommend it for the very simple reason it hardly weighs anything. I really like the neutral color, too. A nicely unisex shade of khaki. My USGI version often got left at home because it weighed my daypack down (and felt like a damp trash can liner against my skin.)
Invaluable in a downpour to prevent hypothermia, even in Summer. If you get stranded in the woods for any length of time, this thing could save your life...Or at least keep your core dry and comfy... And it doesn't feel 'skeevy'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our best pre-vacation purchase., December 27, 2012
My vacation in Costa Rica was almost ruined by daily drenching downpours. My wife and I both agree that our Frogg Toggs ponchos saved the day. I don't think we will ever "leave home" without one..

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your torso dry, August 19, 2013
Wearing this is better than getting totally wet. Your arms get wet if you are moving around, especially if you have long sleeves on. Water does drip down on your legs so if you have shorts on, it runs down your shoes. Wear long pants if possible - better to have wet legs than soggy feet. Also, wear a ball cap under the hood, this will keep your head and face dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, July 26, 2013
This is a quality product which is light weight and comfortable to wear in hot humid weather. It doesn't stick to the skin like the less expensive plastic versions. It seems as though it will last many years and overall worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, July 26, 2013
This poncho is very light weight yet seems durable. It's made of a high quality material which doesn't stick to the skin in hot weather. My daughter took it to camp and doesn't mind wearing it. It's a big improvement over the less expensive versions which are not at all comfortable to wear during the summer months. Definitely worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars lightweight and functional, August 25, 2013
I carry this lightweight poncho incase I get caught in the rain when commuting to/from work on adult kick scooter.. It frees up by hand to control scooter and covers over my backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Poncho, September 21, 2013
Sweet poncho! Very light weight and seems alot better quality than those heavy plastic units. I also like that you can wash it in the laundry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect addition to my pack., October 14, 2013
I have bought this poncho for all of my family members BOB. It is light weight, drab color, and comes with a very handy bag to pack it in. I am very happy with this product and actually reviewed it in a BOB class that I gave. Everyone that was there agreed that this poncho is a needed addition in their packs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time around, October 28, 2012
My first one got away from me. It worked so well
that I immediatey purchased another one. It's lightweight yet
still durable. I camp with it, and use it for more than just a
poncho while out in the field.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Small or Ultra-Lite, November 11, 2013

I should know by now when I'm looking for something specific, to find the specifications. That said, I did look elsewhere to find size and weight specs on this since they were not included in the description. I went to the Frogg Toggs website directly, and did not find the item there. I went to websites of several other suppliers, and no specs were listed there either. The only clue I did find is that some of the other sites identified this item as an "emergency" poncho, which led me to believe it would be similar in size and weight to other emergency ponchos. That is not the case.

The carry sac that came with this poncho measures 10 1/2" x 8" and is about 1/2" thick. The case was ripped and missing one of the two snaps it uses for closure. I moved the poncho to a small stuff sac I have hoping to reduce the size, and that now measures 5 1/2" x 5" x 3 1/2". The weight including the sac is about 8 or 9 ounces.

This is nowhere near small or light enough to keep in my daily carry bag, which was my intention. IMO, this would work well kept in a car, but no way would I take it hiking or keep it my daily carry bag.

Frogg Toggs Men's Ultra-Lite Ponchos