5.0 out of 5 stars Whole new Froggy experience!
Published on September 25, 2011 by Whonu

3.0 out of 5 stars Oldie and goodie, but slow
I like the game- It's great to think back to the old Frogger on my old Texas Instruments system.. but this one is "slow".. the reaction time for jumping is just slow. Graphics cool though.. I don't know If I'd recommend buying.. I don't play it much myself, but if you don't mind the slow reaction- it's a fun game.
Published 23 months ago by Stacey

5.0 out of 5 stars Whole new Froggy experience!, September 25, 2011
Whonu (Brooklyn, N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frogger 3DS (Video Game)
First of all, I did not know that this was Frogger's 30th anniversary. I was fortunate to grow up with Frogger since the beginning. Included in my package was a limited edition Frogger see-thru hard case. It's clear, two pieces, with little Froggers all over. Nice addition. Now this game in 3D is ultra cool. I was blown away when I saw Frogger in space. Too cool. Enough said. Recommended for all Frogger fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frogger fans will love this, October 4, 2011
This review is from: Frogger 3DS (Video Game)
This is a really fun and addicting game with some variety. Frogger fans should definitely buy this. My only complaint is that there isn't a true classic Frogger mode....just a "Forever" mode where you play the original Frogger with only one Froggy in a never ending environment to see how long you can last with your one Froggy. I'm like, "WHAT????!!!!!" What idiot decided to deprive Frogger fans of playing the original classic Frogger on this cartridge??? Part of the classic Frogger challenge was to fill the slots in the bank on the other side of the river with frogs and help the girl frog cross over....but not here!!! You just hop forever. I think that was a really lame decision! They could have easily provided original classic Frogger PLUS this new lame " FOREVER" version if they were smart...but they weren't. They were idiots! Apart from that gripe - it's a game worth buying if you're into the Frogger thing. The graphics are very nice in 3D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought it'd be!, September 29, 2011
This review is from: Frogger 3DS (Video Game)
Im surprised how fun this title turned out to be. It looks great, especially in 3D, since the added depth lends itself well to the view of the playing field. The controls are responsive and the music, though a tad overdone, does a great job of getting you in on the action. Frogger didn't need a dramatic makeover, but this reimagining is a great time-waster.

3.0 out of 5 stars Oldie and goodie, but slow, January 4, 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game for all ages, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Frogger 3DS (Video Game)
I bought Frogger for my four year old, not sure if it was going to be to hard but he can play by himself and my teenager loves the game as well. fun game for the whole family if your a frogger fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gribbit A Try, February 1, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Frogger 3DS (Video Game)
Underneath its cute exterior cartoony graphics, Frogger 3DS is a tough-as-nails arcade game for the true hardcore arcade gamer. What makes this new incarnation of Frogger so good is that like all great arcade games, it is simple to learn and challenging (but not impossible) to master. In this sense it reminds me of the Jig-Man! arcade game for the PC. What this leads to is a real sense of accomplishment once you master and complete a level. While the 3D effects are good, they are not integral to the gameplay, like in, for example Super Mario 3D Land. 4/5 stars (minus one star because the graphics could have been a bit better).

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened to a story ???, October 6, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Frogger 3DS (Video Game)
I am a long LONG TIME FROGGER FAN - used to play on an arcade in the local bars in my youth. I played on a Game Boy, Nintendo DS, then the XL and now I thought "Oh Wow" One for the 3DS - I was so disappointed, yes as one reviewer says the regular arcade game is hop, start over, hop more etc.
So I got into the real game and it was hop, squish, hop squish and after about the 20th or so time I knew the pattern and it was repeat, repeat again and again. I played it for about maybe two or three hours and I haven't gone back to it. I am hoping EVENTUALLY we will get a story of some kind. Go get, save protect, find etc - something to hold my interest - otherwise, it will be sold as an adventure in lost time.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting more., January 11, 2013
P. Breakfield IV "Tom Steele" (Greenville, SC United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Frogger 3DS (Video Game)
Honestly the original frogger arcade game was in many ways more fun than this version.

It starts of with a cute homage to the original. Then the game reveals its actual mode of gameplay which isn't really an improvement on the original. You hop through a large city block, with cars and trucks as obstacles, there are different goals, rather than always just trying to get to the top of the screen, but it honestly gets tedious very quickly.

There are far too many good,games in the DS to bother with this uninspired sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4, 2014
great game

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 30, 2014
very good

Frogger 3DS
Frogger 3DS by Konami (Nintendo 3DS)
$46.99