5.0 out of 5 stars Great

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written with a lousy message
Published on August 4, 2010 by Peter N McHenry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 12, 2008
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
None of the books in the FROGGY series is a disappointment. My five year old daughter has fallen in love with all of the adventures of Froggy, his parents, and friends. The books are just the right length for you and your child to share a nice bedtime story--not too short where you have to supplement with another book or too long where you have to stop and pick up the story the next night. What I like most about the series is that even when Froggy might encounter one of life's little problems or when he gets nervous doing something new, he always learns for the better and knows that no matter what, Mom and Dad are there to help and support him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for preschoolers for Thanksgiving and Memorial Day, November 4, 2010
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
I teach preschoolers and they love parades, and this story in the classic Froggy series helps them experience the fun of playing in a band. Froggy tootles on a sax while his friends play cymbals, drums, and other instruments. I encourage the children to make the different sounds in the story. To follow up, we'll have a "parade" with rhythm instruments. Fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars My mom loves these books., July 13, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
Thank you Johnathan London for writing Froggy. My brother and I read it to my mom who has Alzheimer and she loves the adventures that Froggy has.
It makes her smile. Thank you. This Froggy book makes her think of her love for her classical music and music in general thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Froggggyyyyy! Whaaaaat?!, March 25, 2011
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
What a neat series of books! Froggy is the bomb! Intelligent, witty, humorous, kind, gentle, sweet, and just plain enjoyable. We have a bunch of them, and they are hand-down-able to share with others. Give one a try -- bet you can't stop at one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Froggy, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
Dear Froggy...what a character. This was a great book to read to very little listeners. I love Froggy Gets Dressed...Have several of these. I read them over and over to the Child Watch at the Y

5.0 out of 5 stars Froggy Plays in the Band, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
Children are sure to relate to Froggy's forgetfulness, impatience, and fears. His adventures are wonderful. The repetitive text and funny sounds will encourage readers who are sure to be attracted to the hilariously expressive illustrations. I love these books!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny!, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
Froggy books are some of my 3-year-olds favourites. They are sooo funny!
I am glad they are available without the hard cover. That makes them affordable, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 24, 2014
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
Cute story; didn't really fit in with my need for PreK books to teach about music.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written with a lousy message, August 4, 2010
This review is from: Froggy Plays in the Band (Paperback)
Peter's wife, Molly here. I am a music teacher and was naturally drawn to this book. I just read it to my daughter and it was horrible. I am so glad she is only 4 months old and can't understand it yet. In the book, Froggy starts a marching band at his school and the whole point is to win a prize, which might be admirable if he actually learned something along the way. Not so. The only thing his music teacher helps with is the marching ("Don't look right or left, Don't stop for anything"). Froggy and his friends seem to just naturally become proficient on their instruments. Froggy smarts off to his father when asked to stop playing while he in on the phone and the father lets him have his way. The morals of the story seem to be: 1. prizes 2. marching, none on character, relationships, or music. That is not what I'd like my kids to read about and certainly not worth writing a book. If you are looking for musical books, may I recommend: John Lithgow's, The Remarkable Farkle McBride, and Vera B. Williams', Music, Music for Everyone.

Froggy Plays in the Band
Froggy Plays in the Band by Jonathan London (Paperback - April 12, 2004)
$5.99