5.0 out of 5 stars She GETS it.
Published on March 16, 2008 by Steven J. Dorfman

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting take on inter generational work
It's hard to write a book that is both personal and objective. The author begins by relaying her own experiences and goes on the suggest strategies for effective inter generational work. It's a fair enough treatment particularly coming from a member of generation Y itself, although I was left with the sense that there were limitations to her experiences and views.
Published 15 months ago by Murray Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars She GETS it., March 16, 2008
Wow! The author brings to light so many important issues in today's workforce. It's one of those books you'll have trouble putting down because it just makes so much sense. I found it very easy to read and enjoyed the stories. In some cases, ignorance is bliss -- in the case of generational diversity, there is much to learn and apply. This book will help you do EXACTLY that. I look forward to purchasing more books from this author and have been recommending it to others...daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Boomers To Bloggers: Success Strategies Across Generations, June 23, 2008
Misti Burmeister has a wonderful ability to teach through experience. Her knowledge of generational differences and how to bring them together is terrific. I recommend this book to anyone struggling with "How do I reach the upcoming generation?"

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Misti is right on target!, May 13, 2008
I have found the biggest challenge in business to be the ability to communicate with the people around you, and there is no question that cross-generational communication presents the biggest challenge of all. Misti Burmeister has changed that with one of the most important publications of our time on the subject.

from Boomers to Bloggers should be required reading for baby boomers and the young professionals to whom they will pass the baton. Misti has done us all a service with specific advice on ways to communicate effectively, to break down artificial barriers and to celebrate relationships that would otherwise have been lost in the translation.

Thanks Misti! Awesome work!

4.0 out of 5 stars review, October 20, 2013
This review is from: From Boomers to Bloggers: Success Strategies Across Generations (Kindle Edition)
Interesting and useful tips provided for working across generations. I especially liked the information on mentor programs & informational interviews.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting take on inter generational work, May 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, great useable content that really works, June 19, 2012
I remember the day that I was affected by cross generational miscommunication. I was told I was too young to ever move up in the company and that everyone would be promoted before me. Since then my career was never the same, until I read this book. It provided me with a sense of understanding and more importantly provided me the tools to properly communicate with the boomer generation. It's tactics not only offer good career sense goals, they also offer good ways to properly say what you really mean. The contents have been invaluable and the lessons learned continually provide understanding and communication skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars invaluable information, December 29, 2011
I'm a small business owner and I've found at least half a dozen ideas I can use to help reach more clients. Nicely done. Boomers to Bloggers has a permanent place on my bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, May 29, 2011
I really, really like this book. I have purchased a dozen or so just to give them my clients who have challenges with generations in the workplace. It's a short read and will give you great insight and ideas, for both a baby boomer or generation y.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Bloomers to Bloggers, June 20, 2008
This book came to me with high recommendation and it is covers the topic of workplace relationships much more in depth than I expected.

It has helped me better understand the communication dynamics that I encounter in the workplace. It certainly clears up some of the difficulties I experienced in dealing with Bloggers.

When it comes right down to it, many of our workplace frustrations come from unclear communication. This books should be used in colleges to educate the new workforce. It would be great to see businesses using it as a topic for training.

In fact I will be training the principles highlighted in this book.

A very valuable resource for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars uncfan, April 9, 2008
I highly recommend Misti Burmeister's new book "From Boomers to Bloggers:
Success Strategies Across Generations." Ms. Burmeister explains the puzzling
but very real conflicts that often occur in today's work place between seasoned
and entering professionals. She then provides practical communication techniques
for bridging this generation gap that will improve productivity, efficiency, and personal
satisfaction. Arguing persuasively for mentoring relationships that benefit
all parties, Burmeister offers many examples based on her own experiences
and those of colleagues in readable and entertaining prose enlivened by a
variety of inspiring and memorable quotations on leadership and the "good
life."