on March 24, 2012
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
O.K. first off, what a fun author's name; really cool! Second, this book is such a delight! I loved the whole twin switching places idea where one of them is famous. This was so cute to read and really well written. I highly recommend this very sweet love story.

Perhaps some spoilers?
Jackie is the starlet twin who is having a semi-nervous breakdown. She needs a few days to herself and convinces her introverted twin Maddie, to pretend to be her for a couple days. Maddie has to endure the red carpet to watch a premier, a photo shoot and a guest spot at a famous restaurant's grand opening while Jackie hides out at their parent's house pretending to be Maddie. Everything was going fine except that Jackie's ex-boyfriend, Dallas has found himself mysteriously attracted to Jackie (really Maddie), a girl that he broke up with because there was "nothing there". He cannot understand their new chemistry for each other and can't seem to stay away from her. Maddie is finding herself falling for her sister's ex and has to keep him at arm's length because of the preying paparazzi.

This was so much fun to read and had the real feel of what a Hollywood starlet has to endure to be perfect for the cameras. Dallas is romantic, handsome and a great guy morally and is perfect for the right girl. I will be looking for more stories by this talented author with the fantastic name.

Would I/Did I buy it? Free Download
Would I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend it to friends? Yes
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 20, 2012
Format: Kindle Edition
I've read everything Veronica Blade has written, and I'm a huge fan of hers, so it probably will not come as a surprise that I absolutely LOVED this book! It is without a doubt her best work to date! And that's saying a lot because I have really enjoyed all of her stories!

In this book, Maddie and Jackie are 18 year old twins but they couldn't be more different. Maddie is the small town girl who lives at home with her parents, works at their jewelry store, and prefers staying home and reading a good bok to going out at night, and Jackie is her polar opposite - an actress who loves the spotlight and lives in Hollywood, where she loves to go out, party, and see and be seen. She adores the attention, until the tabloids start to attack her right when she is up for a part in a serious movie, which she fears will scare the producers off. All of the pressure starts to get to her and she just needs a break for a week or so, so she calls her sister, Maddie, to step in and impersonate her at a few publicity appearances. Maddie is very hesitant, but when she sees how much Jackie needs the break, she finally agrees to do it, against her better judgment. Jackie lives in an apartment building right across the hall from her ex-boyfriend, mega-hottie Dallas, also an actor, who just happens to be the guy Maddie has had a huge crush on for years! As Maddie tries to "be" Jackie, she and Dallas connect on a level he and Jackie never did, but she knows that she cannot tell him the truth about who she is without possibly ruining Jackie's life.

When I agreed to read this book, I told the author it would probably take me a few days since I was a bit behind on my reviews, and I would get back to her when I had the chance to read it. Lo and behold, I read it that very night and immediately contacted her to tell her how great it was! The characters were likable and relatable, and it was really great to see how much Maddie grew through the course of the book, gaining self-confidence and coming out of her shell a bit. Jackie and Maddie got along great, which I really liked since usually in stories with twins who are so different from one another, one is really nice while the other is either selfish or mean, or something along those lines. Dallas was definitely swoon-worthy!! One of my favorite lines from the book describes him like this: "Damn, he smelled good. A little bit musky and a whole lot of yum." Spot on!

In summary, I wholeheartedly recommend this book to all lovers of YA contemporary fiction, and it is going on my list of favorite books of 2012! I will be waiting anxiously for the sequel, From Couture to Cut-Offs, which will tell Jackie's story! :D
on April 23, 2012
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I dont wanna put any spoilers but I just loveeeeee this book. Its about twins sisters trading places and has a great twist in it. All the characters grabbed me and i just could not put down this book. Veronica Blade is a amazing author and you must not miss out on this amazing book.
on March 19, 2012
Format: Kindle Edition
I am a very happy bunny after reading the last review and learning that there will be a sequel to ths book because I literally could not put it down yet I didn't want it to end.

I have to say that this is my favourite Veronica Blade book to date, even though I have loved her other work. This lady just gets better and better, her plots are believable and her characters are likeable. Write faster Veronica, I need more :-)
on March 17, 2012
Format: Kindle Edition
When Maddie gets a surprise phone call from her twin sister, Jackie (a teen star in Hollywood), her quiet life suddenly explodes. Turns out Jackie is having an emotional crisis and needs a break from tinseltown. Problem is, Jackie's under contract to do specific promotions for her latest movie and she can't get out of them or her career is ruined. Solution? A switcheroo with her identical twin, Maddie -- something they haven't done since they were kids. I mean, a few appearances, a movie premiere, how hard can that be? :)

Maddie is a small town girl and the thought of pretending to be a Hollywood glamour girl gives her heart palpitations. But her sister's not the kind of girl to ask for help. If Jackie needs Mads, of course she'll be there.

I loved the close and loyal relationship between the sisters. Even though the girls are opposites in many ways, they're tight and total family girls. Without giving too much away, I'll just say it was hilarious watching country-girl Mads try her best to strut the red carpet in five-inch heels while reporters thrust microphones in her face, asking for the latest gossip from bad-girl Jackie Bloom. And when Mads is around all the hot movie star studs? Well, even a good, down-to-earth girl has her fantasies. . . and her best dreams include Jackie's neighbor and ex, Dallas Bines, who is even more faint-worthy in person.

What's a small-town girl to do when she's suddenly thrust into a life in Hollyweird? Find out when you read From Fame to Shame by Veronica Blade. This book was so much fun, I didn't want it to end. Thank goodness there will be a sequel.
on June 25, 2012
Format: Paperback
E-Book: From Fame To Shame by Veronica Blade
Pages: 153
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Source: Sent from Crush Publishing

Short Synopsis: Maddie is reluctant to switch places with her movie star twin, Jackie. But when Jackie convinces Maddie it's what she needs, there's no turning back once Maddie makes it to Hollywood.

My Thoughts: I loved this cute, entertaining read! So much fun packed into one awesome book!

Maddie is a small town goodie two shoes, whose happy with her life. But her life is suddenly turned upside down when Jackie is in a crisis, as paparazzi are constantly hounding Jackie, and she needs to escape. Jackie convinces her twin to switch places with her.
Almost as soon as Maddie switches places, Maddie is immediately thrust into the movie star world, as she walks the red carpet, chats with famous celebs, especially the yummy Dallas Bines, who happens to be Jackie's ex.
But when fate brings Maddie and Dallas together time and time again, Maddie finds it rather hard to keep her secret that she is not who Dallas thinks she is. And as the two continue to see each other, the paparazzi throw them into an even wilder twist. Can Maddie survive in Jackie's world long enough for Jackie to find herself, and can Maddie control her emotions when it comes to Dallas?

A very cute fast paced, orifinal read. I enjoyed reading all about the characters. I completely fell in love with Maddie, and it was so entertaining to read what she had to go through. Maddie isn't always sure of herself, but always tries to stay true and loyal to those she cares about.
I loved her relationship with Dallas, and the two had great chemistry. The two are immediately pushed into the media world, and the stories get crazier and crazier. It was interesting to read how the media spins certain stories, and how the celebrity side of things can get out of hand.
I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't much of a relationship build up between the two sisters, Jackie and Maddie. It would have been more interesting if the readers were able to read more about the differences and similarities between the two twins. The story itself was a bit short, but I was pretty satisfied with how things turned out. In general, a great, fun, cute read, and I wouldn't mind reading a continuance with this story.

Would I recommend this book: Yes

Rating: I give this book a 4/5.
on September 3, 2012
Format: Paperback
I was given this book from the author in exchange for a honest review.
I loved this book was such a sweet and cute short read. I loved the plot of how twins switch places and one gets to experience what its like to be famous, and really gets to feel what it means to be in another persons shoes. Also you as the reader get to experience the big change it is from that of an average person experiencing the fame. In Maddie case its a big change because she is the totally opposite of her twin Jackie, who loves this life style that fame brings and the attention. So as Maddie acts as being Jackie to keep appearances for her; she kind of glad, she gets to experience what her twin does as an actress and even meets some of her celebrities, and even gets to meet her crush that happens to live right next door at her sister apartment.
I gave this book five stars because it was such a sweet cute read that made you experience what fame would be like through an average person and their is even a love story to tie it all together that made it so cute, that will read again and again.
on February 22, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
I really enjoyed this short story. It was a quick, short read and it was clean but with lots of kissing and chemistry. There are loads of reviews so I'll just recommend it as it has all the right ingredients; hot H, twin swap etc
on September 6, 2013
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Meet twins Jackie & Maddie. Jackie is a star in Hollywood who loves the spotlight. Maddie is a girl who will be attending college and likes to stay at home. Two totally different girls, but what happens when they trade place?

Jackie is in all the tabloids and horrible rumors are being spread about her. She can't take it and she just wants a break. She calls Maddie and asks Maddie if she can switch places with her. Maddie is skeptical. Jackie reassures Maddie that all she would be doing is going to a few premiers, nothing more. So Maddie agrees. But then there is Dallas Bines, Jackie's ex boyfriend and Maddie's crush. She knows she really shouldn't go to dinner with him but she does. What difference will one dinner make? Shouldn't hurt, right? Will Maddie be able to pull it off without blowing her cover?

This was a really sweet book. I've never read a story like this so it was a nice change. The ending was PERFECT! It is the ending all girls want!!

Overall a fun, quick-read, clean, and sweet novel.
Format: Kindle Edition
I received this book from the author to give an honest review.

What an amazing little love story. This book is well written, fun, lovable character, perfect story line all rolled up into one. I love to read romance books and this was perfect for me. I found myself liking Dallas, as he seemed like the perfect guy!
Perfect and quick romance book to read.