Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on December 29, 2012
This is an excellent detailed guide for academic writing beginning at the beginning with the germ of an idea. It is very thorough in all aspects of the academic writing process. I wish I had owned this book as an undergraduate. This is an excellent tool for any academic writer at all levels from undergraduate to post-doctoral.
on July 7, 2015
Misleading. I searched for the text I needed which is the "Text and Reader". When you click to rent the Kindle version you are taken to a "Text" only version. My main use for this book are the articles in the reader section (chapters 12 and on) which are not included in this version. It is a misleading download. Do not buy or rent the Kindle version if you need the "Reader" section.
on January 25, 2014
This book is great for college students learning to become professional, academic writers. The material covered in this class textbook really gives you insight on how to write essays well and make an argument in your writing. It's an interesting and useful book-- I am enjoying reading it. I feel smarter already!
~Heather Cheplick
on October 2, 2015
It was exactly what I expected. It is in very good condition and it arrived on time. There is no writing on it and it has all the pages. I have started using it for my English class and it's really interesting. I also had to make sure it was a text and reader and it is. I'm a satisfied customer!
review image review image
on October 19, 2015
so far with what i have read i have enjoyed this textbook, being an economics major its actually pretty difficult to appreciate english textbooks. All in all this textbook is pretty nice, but heads up if you are taking an english class teachers will quiz you a lot from the text so read carefully! Hope this review will be helpful for the ones that are on the fence about purchasing this book.
on January 28, 2015
It's very misleading; this is not, in fact, the book in its entirety. It's easy to accidentally buy, which I did myself. Now, I've had to rent the actual book on Kindle. This version is missing many, many articles, which is bad in my case because these are a majority of what I'm supposed to be reading.
on March 30, 2014
As an ESL college student, I found this book extremely beneficial since it focuses on both reading and writing academic texts.
on April 27, 2015
I rented this thinking it would be the book in it's entirety and was disappointed that in fact it was not. More than half the book is missing from actual book. It had all the technical stuff I was supposed to learn, but many of the essays I needed to read were not in this.
on March 6, 2015
I bought this book for English composition 2 at Fordham University. I can vouch for the excellent essays that may seem challenging at first. I am enjoying this book so far.
on September 12, 2013
This is one of my favorite textbooks I've ever had for a class. The readings were excellent. I learned a lot :)