5.0 out of 5 stars Great Short Story
I enjoyed this book very much!!! I was intrigued from the first and didn't expect the ending at all. I loved her writing style and what a clever story idea!! I will certainly recommend it to everyone. I also look forward to reading more from this author,and I also thought the cover photo was excellent for this book!
Published on September 21, 2012 by Rebecca E. Neafus

2.0 out of 5 stars Premise Interesting, Execution Heavily Flawed...
First up. In many ways I liked the story. Except when I think back after reading, I go hmmmmm, not in a good way.

Published on October 28, 2012 by 4Nbahu

2.0 out of 5 stars Premise Interesting, Execution Heavily Flawed..., October 28, 2012
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)

The sentence structure is a bit unique. Short one action sentences. At first I thought it was a bit staccato, yet it did seem to fit how a 100 year old ghost might feel. Simple thoughts as if being alone for so long left her incapable of complex anything. So although the sentence structure was off putting in the beginning, it actually gave a rhythm to the story that worked.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.

My main issues with the story are more along the lines of universe creation. Ellie has been dead for a hundred years yet uses words and phrases of a modern girl. Given the foggy nature of most of her thoughts, this creates an incongruency within the story. While she mentions that the house has been in the family since she died, nothing is mentioned of the people within her house only the boy next door. Where did Ellie's jealousy come from? It doesn't fit, although necessary to the story, it feels wrong. How did Mason carry so many boxes? Why would he carry boxes? Why would his sister write him a letter? Why not to their mother? How did Mason know so much more than Ellie about being a ghost? There are many many other questions, but these are the most important.

CONCLUSION

While the story's premise is quite interesting, the universe building needs work. There are too many scenes that feel false within the story to make it satisfying. I had too many "I don't think so" moments while reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Short Story, September 21, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars FROM MY WINDOW..., January 30, 2013
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)
THIS BOOK IS A SHORT FREE BOOK BUT IS ONE OF LOVE AS IT GOES. AM SURE YOU WILL FIND IT TO BE OF INTEREST AS WELL

4.0 out of 5 stars Psychic photographer., December 26, 2012
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)
After reading some of the book, I figured out that he was a l psychic. Good quick read can not wait to read more by Karen..

5.0 out of 5 stars Karen Jones is a great author, December 19, 2012
Sandy Wright (New Albany, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)
From My Window is such a great story. I love Karen's artistic flair. I think that the cover is such a great picture of a beautiful girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!!!!, September 26, 2012
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)
This was an amazing story! It's a must read! The cover was what truly caught my eye. I then couldn't put this story down. I am definitely a fan. I can't wait to read more from this author. Over all this was beautifully done!

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, December 3, 2013
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)
great short story that was easily read. the author did an excellent job of portraying characters and making you wonder about what you knew to be true about the story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting...., September 19, 2013
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)
Cute, short story with a very interesting twist at the end.

Do wish it was longer, though, as I'd have liked the author to develop the story a little more - perhaps some more background, and a epilogue...

3.0 out of 5 stars A Short, Yet Delightful Paranormal Read, August 22, 2013
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)
A sweet paranormal short. You will be making guesses all through out the book trying to figure out why this boy is the only one who can see her, this girl, a ghost. All I can say is, "fate". There really is someone for everyone. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars cute story, August 18, 2013
This review is from: From My Window (Kindle Edition)
This is a quirky little story. I loved it. Fun and fast to read. You'll feel sorry for Ellie at first, but read to the end.

From My Window