5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Everyone's CD Collection!
I started listening to this CD back in 1996 in college. It is simply the best Pat McGee CD's of the three. I remember my buddies and I would play the hell outta this CD. I figured Pat McGee would be a household name by now, but still continues to be a local favorite in the Northern Virginia area.
The best song of all time is "Haven't Seen for Awhile", it...
Published on July 30, 2001 by KSL70

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound vs. Lyrics
Published on January 2, 2003 by Luke Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Everyone's CD Collection!, July 30, 2001
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
The best song of all time is "Haven't Seen for Awhile", it brought tears to my eyes plenty of times since the song fitted my wife (girlfriend at the time) and our long distance relationship. The song was so instrumental that we played it as our theme song at our wedding in 1998.
Gotta love Pat McGee music! Please support this bands music...you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, great songs and vocals/simular to the band alaskan, September 22, 1999
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
This band is excelent, they are simular to a band named Alaskan. Both bands are supper, but Pat McGee may have more experience. The cd, From The Wood, is outstanding and perfect for a layed back and/or studying environment. I give it five stars and incourage everyone to buy it. But don't forget Alaskan!

5.0 out of 5 stars The wholesome feel of a local band, September 24, 2002
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
The Pat McGee Band has released an awesome CD that I never tire of listening to. Even though they aren't from Athens, Ga, every time I hear the song, Girl From Athens, I feel as though it is about me. The music has that feel of local flair to it that is quite common around the college town of Athens. I love this band and the entire CD. Each song varies from the other with enough of the same feel to make it that predictable comfort that comes with a favorite band. Why are they not more popular is my question. Check out this CD and pass it on to friends. That way you can tell them that you were the first to love them. This is a CD that you can roll down the windows to, turn the volume up on and not worry that about being embarressed at the stoplight when the light is red. Buy From The Wood today and be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Debut, June 14, 1999
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
In a wonderful debut work, From the Wood caputes Pat McGee's strong song writing and wonderfully soothing rythem. Although this disc does not feature the rest of the Pat McGee Band on it, it does have some outstanding musicians (i.e. Eddie Hartness from Eddie From Ohio) who show what the rising arena of accoustic rock ought to sound like

5.0 out of 5 stars Kicks Ass, June 24, 1999
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
Another great job from Pat. Hopefully the group will catch on down here in Texas. Pat if you are reading this come to Houston. All of us here from Longwood miss your shows. Go buy this album, it kicks a**!!

5.0 out of 5 stars this cd is great...they are going places...not a bad song on, October 8, 1999
Chris (Chapel Hill, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
For a couple weeks, I just listened to this cd alone. They are so talented. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music, July 1, 2001
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
Pat McGee Band is one of those bands you hear about from friends before hearing their music, and then go out and try to find them based on a recommendation; well here is mine to you. I have heard all their CDs and though this one isn't long at all I think every song is excellent, and I have only a few CDs I say that about, and mostly because they grew on me.
This didn't really need to grow on me because the music doesn't take hard listening to enjoy, it just lets you love it. Nothing complex to decipher, nothing dark and mysterious, no varying themes really. Just put it on in your car or when you want to just listen to music and you will really like this great upbeat acoustic sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars its awesome, November 15, 1999
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
pat mcgee band is probably one of the best bands ive heard. they are so talented that they can compete with the dave matthews. if you like great music, then pat mcgee is what you want to get

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound vs. Lyrics, January 2, 2003
Luke Johnson (St. Louis Park, Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
Pat Mcgee has a great "acoustic songwriter" sound. However, I was pretty disappointed with the sappy love song lyrics with no depth (which every song on this CD was a love song). I thought with such a soothing sound and so much talent on the guitar that the words would have a little more stregnth behind them. If you are a music fan that prefers sound over lyrics or are a "sucker" for sappy love songs, than I definately reccomend this CD. But if you are a fan that needs both aspects of the song, like I do, than I'm telling you to keep your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Pat, March 19, 2001
This review is from: From the Wood (Audio CD)
Pat McGee is an AWESOME musician! He was my swim coach and this is what he really wanted. I am so excited that he is making it and I knew he could do it! Get the CD and all of his others cause you will love it once you hear his CD once.

From the Wood
From the Wood by Pat McGee (Audio CD - 1997)